Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shake up rumours

I get it you had your little draft board out and you wanted a CB. Show me some of your posts from draft day. I want to see you clamoring for Jenkins or Hayward.

http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/showthread.php?t=6428

i actually wanted mercilus then josh robinson.

about a million others on here like diggler, slick etc etc wanted hayward in rd 2.

ps...i posted my mock in feb.....like 2 months prior to mcshays.

Last edited:
http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/showthread.php?t=6428

i actually wanted mercilus then josh robinson.

about a million others on here like diggler, slick etc etc wanted hayward in rd 2.

Ok and you the only one still butt hurt about it. Broyles was a good pick despite the bad luck of his other knee being injured. You might have a point if it was the same knee. Same with Delmas. Broyles showed talent, clearly Burleson is a cap problem now and needs replaced and with Titus Young's antics, Broyles is an even better pick.

Like I said Hayward or Robinson doesn't fix anything as the Lions DEs sucked it up this year. Who knows what Hayward or Robinson does with different coaching in a different scheme too compared to what Bentley,Lacey and Green did.

And by the way Jonte Green outplayed Josh Robinson this year

Last edited:
Ok and you the only one still butt hurt about it. Broyles was a good pick despite the bad luck of his other knee being injured. You might have a point if it was the same knee. Same with Delmas. Broyles showed talent, clearly Burleson is a cap problem now and needs replaced and with Titus Young's antics, Broyles is an even better pick.

Like I said Hayward or Robinson doesn't fix anything as the Lions DEs sucked it up this year. Who knows what Hayward or Robinson does with different coaching in a different scheme too compared to what Bentley,Lacey and Green did.

just admit it....i would be a better GM than mayhew :D DE problem would have been fixed a long time ago. Wed have a starting secondary. Logan wouldnt be kneeling the ball on the 5 yd line. etc etc etc.

just admit it....i would be a better GM than mayhew :D DE problem would have been fixed a long time ago. Wed have a starting secondary. Logan wouldnt be kneeling the ball on the 5 yd line. etc etc etc.

LMFAO. You'd be Al Davis dude liking Josh Robinson in Round 2

Last edited:
And if we had Mercilus we'd be taking Joeckel if he even lasts. No clue how Mercilus would do since he's playing 3-4 OLB. If not Joeckel we would be screwed at Tackle.

And if we had Mercilus we'd be taking Joeckel if he even lasts. No clue how Mercilus would do since he's playing 3-4 OLB. If not Joeckel we would be screwed at Tackle.

We have backus and gosder....same as this year. Not my fault mayhew chose a fb in the first round this year lol.

Lack of production from dratfs. Franchise is in a financial mess. The only time we get national attention is when we kick someone, smoke a bunch of weed, or cant drive a fucking car like a normal human being.

...yet you want no one to have to take any responsibility for it?! Its busch league...the entire franchise is a joke. But lets just keep waiting....maybe everything will pan out next year.

Last edited:
We have backus and gosder....same as this year. Not my fault mayhew chose a fb in the first round this year lol.

Lack of production from dratfs. Franchise is in a financial mess. The only time we get national attention is when we kick someone, smoke a bunch of weed, or cant drive a fucking car like a normal human being.

...yet you want no one to have to take any responsibility for it?! Its busch league...the entire franchise is a joke. But lets just keep waiting....maybe everything will pan out next year.

LMFAO.

We are not screwed at tackle. We have Reiff. Under your plan we are screwed at tackle is what I was saying. And maybe DE and CB too with how Bad Robinson played. Watch Reiff again against the Texans and come back to me calling him a fullback. You have to be the most short term thinker I've ever seen.

Financial mess, Lewand manages the cap not Mayhew and he does it well. Mayhew has a damn law degree too, he knows what he is doing. The ONLY reason the Lions are screwed is the old CBA. Lions have no control over Suh and Staffords contract with how they were slotted. They are making the best with restructures. It's amazing they were able to get Backus back, Shaun Hill back, Levy/SLH tendered, Avril on a damn franchise tag and long term deals for Calvin and Tulloch. It was a great offseason financial wise. It's busch league you don't know Lewand manages the cap and are trying to discuss the cap with me.

And everything can pan out next year. Stafford clearly can turn it around. 2011 proved that. And the Lions can get a stud DE. The only thing I'm worried about is losing Chris Houston.

LMFAO.

We are not screwed at tackle. We have Reiff. Under your plan we are screwed at tackle is what I was saying. And maybe DE and CB too with how Bad Robinson played. Watch Reiff again against the Texans and come back to me calling him a fullback. You have to be the most short term thinker I've ever seen.

Financial mess, Lewand manages the cap not Mayhew and he does it well. Mayhew has a damn law degree too, he knows what he is doing. The ONLY reason the Lions are screwed is the old CBA. Lions have no control over Suh and Staffords contract with how they were slotted. They are making the best with restructures. It's amazing they were able to get Backus back, Shaun Hill back, Levy/SLH tendered, Avril on a damn franchise tag and long term deals for Calvin and Tulloch. It was a great offseason financial wise. It's busch league you don't know Lewand manages the cap and are trying to discuss the cap with me.

And everything can pan out next year. Stafford clearly can turn it around. 2011 proved that. And the Lions can get a stud DE. The only thing I'm worried about is losing Chris Houston.

i like reiff...but he played fullback all year. it was a joke :D If were smart he'll be LT next year. Thinking short term is a result of lions managment not being able to turn it around long term. We had 2 major needs going into last offseason that most of us will agree on. Oline not being able to help the run game and a defensive secondary. Ohh.....g.....both of those were an achilies heal all year long. Ohhh.....g.....those are STILL major problems of this team. Problems dont fix themselves and neither has mayhew. If it was up to him i think he'd fill the team with DTs RBs and WRs.

i like reiff...but he played fullback all year. it was a joke :D If were smart he'll be LT next year. Thinking short term is a result of lions managment not being able to turn it around long term. We had 2 major needs going into last offseason that most of us will agree on. Oline not being able to help the run game and a defensive secondary. Ohh.....g.....both of those were an achilies heal all year long. Ohhh.....g.....those are STILL major problems of this team. Problems dont fix themselves and neither has mayhew. If it was up to him i think he'd fill the team with DTs RBs and WRs.

They picked Reiff and he did help the run game. Run blocking was not ignored. LeShoure got heallthy too and they found Bell.

They picked 3 CBs and picked up Lacey and Florence. But the top two rookie CBs got hurt and Delmas hurt his other knee plus the other starting safety got another concussion. Terrible luck. Drafting 3 CBs and signing 2 free agent vets is not ignoring a need either.

The DEs had 50 less hurries and we had 10 less picks because of it. Plus Wright and Smith gambled more thus more picks but we got burnt more because of it. We have 5 less fumbles forced than last year with one game to go. Last year we recovered fumbles at a better rate. 17 forced 13 recovered, this year it's only 50% with 12 forced and 6 recovered. The ball bounced the Lions way last year.

Same with fumbles lost. We have 6 more turnovers than last year all from fumbles. Lions fumbled 20 times last year but recovered 13 and only lost 7. This year they lost 21 but only recovered 8 times and lost 13. Bad luck again.

And they figured to double Calvin more obviously. 6 of Calvins first 8 TDs were in single coverage last year. Stafford and the other weapons need to step it up.

They picked Reiff and he did help the run game. Run blocking was not ignored. LeShoure got heallthy too and they found Bell.

They picked 3 CBs and picked up Lacey and Florence. But the top two rookie CBs got hurt and Delmas hurt his other knee plus the other starting safety got another concussion. Terrible luck. Drafting 3 CBs and signing 2 free agent vets is not ignoring a need either.

The DEs had 50 less hurries and we had 10 less picks because of it. Plus Wright and Smith gambled more thus more picks but we got burnt more because of it. We have 5 less fumbles forced than last year with one game to go. Last year we recovered fumbles at a better rate. 17 forced 13 recovered, this year it's only 50% with 12 forced and 6 recovered. The ball bounced the Lions way last year.

Same with fumbles lost. We have 6 more turnovers than last year all from fumbles. Lions fumbled 20 times last year but recovered 13 and only lost 7. This year they lost 21 but only recovered 8 times and lost 13. Bad luck again.

And they figured to double Calvin more obviously. 6 of Calvins first 8 TDs were in single coverage last year. Stafford and the other weapons need to step it up.

That's why it's called "a game of inches". No bounces are way this year.

Oh, and you're getting schooled, 'hughes. Feel me? ;)

Last edited:

Lol they have to. They would surprise me by making an immediate move on ANYTHING but I expect everyone back. Hell, even titus with his rubbing it in the face tweet.

I just wanna see how the same bunch of coaches are gonna convince them that doing the same thing that netted them 4 wins this year is gonna turn them into a winning football team next year. They aren't firing anybody.

Lol they have to. They would surprise me by making an immediate move on ANYTHING but I expect everyone back. Hell, even titus with his rubbing it in the face tweet.

I just wanna see how the same bunch of coaches are gonna convince them that doing the same thing that netted them 4 wins this year is gonna turn them into a winning football team next year. They aren't firing anybody.

i think ford is used to losing. Hes probably more pissed at all the derelicts on this team....lead by our derelict hot head coach.

Last edited:
i think ford is used to losing. Hes probably more pissed at all the derelicts on this team....lead by our derelict hot head coach.

You mean hot as in sexy? Lol they make me sick! Lololololol

MAN I'm so glad I'm over being angry!

I am shocked people are making excuses for this team. How about the other side,the wins? How about beating the Rams with 10 seconds left? Beating Philly in OT? Or beating Seattle in the last minute? The ONLY convincing win was against a pathetic Jacksonville team.

The breaks not going their way is an excuse for what this team is: bad. This is a BAD football team. If you are a good team, you make your own luck. I am almost positive I heard a stat that this defense did not score a SINGLE TOUCHDOWN.

The bottom line is that this team is a lot further away then we all thought. There needs to be some serious changes. And not just scapegoating a coordinator, which is what they always do. There are huge attitude issues, from the front office, down to the players. Mayhew needs to alter his drafting philosophy, which includes focusing on the defense, and not wasting a second rounder on a slot receiver. Even Dapper Dan Miller, who is one of the biggest slappies out there, said before the game during the goofy little roundtable, that this team needs to be fixed, and things need to be changed.

Last edited:
So which late picks are we disappointed with the most?

2009 Sammie Lee Hill we like him
2009 5th traded for Julian Peterson (served a purpose in 2009)
2009 6th Aaron Brown, yeah he sucked but had some speed
2009 7th Lydon Murtha swiped by the Dolphins
2009 7th Follett, injury derailed special teams LB
2009 7th Dan Gronkowski (traded for Alphonso Smith later)

2010 4th Jason Fox (injuries now developing, last chance next year)
2010 5th traded for Corey Williams, great move
2010 5th traded for Rob Sims, great move
2010 6th traded for Chris Houston, great move
2010 7th Willie Young (ok pick for a 7th but really disappointed this year compared to 2011)
2010 7th Tim Toone. Yeah he sucked Mr. Irrelevant

2011 4th traded for LeShoure
2011 5th Doug Hogue, cut due to better LBs in Lewis/Whitehead/Palmer
2011 6th traded for Lawrence Jackson before 2010 season (good move)
2011 7th traded for Chris Houston, great move
2011 7th traded for Shaun Hill, great move
2011 7th Johnny Culbreath (injury and weed)

2012 4th Ronnel Lewis (suck special teams, converted from LB to DE with 1 snap at DE in 2012)
2012 5th (used a future 4th) Tahir Whitehead (decent special teams so far)
2012 5th Chris Greenwood (injury so far but has measurables)
2012 6th Jonte Green (solid for a rookie 6th rounder, average CB so far)
2012 6th, lost due to tampering
2012 7th Travis Lewis (solid special teamer, we'll see what Lewis and Whithead can do next year if we lose Levy)

List is a joke... With only one 10-6 season to show for it... Give me a 6th round impact play like the Skins got this year at running back.. This year was a huge setback no matter what we all think as lions fans.. A 8 game losing streak are you kidding me... Time and time again the coaching staff boggled the mind and when they did finally do something right the players would fumble or Matt would throw a INT...Everything needs to get better ASAP including the draft selection... Start there.. No wait start with the whole damn coaching staff and back the truck up for either Cowher or Gruden... Team needs a head coach with something between the ears..

Last edited:
Back