Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Should we have a Kickoff Countdown?

Should we have a Kickoff Countdown?

• YES, and it's already less than 100 days til kickoff, FUCK!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • YES, how else will I know when the season starts?

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • NO, I'm an MSU fan and I don't want to be reminded of my crappy team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, I've been infected with "Woke Mind Virus" and don't care about football anymore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had a Wisconsin friend/former coworker who was at that game (I was too) and he sent me a sniffy text after that play, saying something like "Michigan fans sure love celebrating pointless interceptions."

Schadenfreude magnified.

But it WAS an incredible play, regardless of the down and time remaining. Thruth be told, the score was only 14-7 (we missed 3 FGs though) and UW just needed a TD to tie it... had Lewis blown coverage or committed PI, UW would have had the ball close to midfield with ~2:00 remaining.

Imagine if a nameless UW DB had made that pick in an identical situation. He'd be a Badger DB legend with the likes of ... and ... and ... and Jamar Fletcher.

My friend is one of those "stats guys" that thinks you can break teams down to objective measures, ignoring team morale, momentum, leadership, etc. For him, the interception merely confirmed that Wisconsin only had a 0.0002% chance of winning (or whatever)

Apparently your friend never actually played competitive sports.

Apparently your friend never actually played competitive sports.

He's an odd duck, but meant well & is a good guy. Looks totally unathletic and slow, but was decent in work-league soft ball and volleyball.

He believes strongly in fundamentals, and spent time practicing fielding, batting, and bump-set-spiking in vball, and so was a stalwart member of each of our teams.
And to his credit, when we had an intramural kickball team, he pointed out that any line drive kick to third base was a guaranteed single because no one could physically throw a kickball from third to first fast enough to get a running adult out. We rode that strategy to the finals, until we ran into a team that had a guy who played football for FSU and could kick the ball to the stratosphere...

He's an odd duck, but meant well & is a good guy. Looks totally unathletic and slow, but was decent in work-league soft ball and volleyball.

He believes strongly in fundamentals, and spent time practicing fielding, batting, and bump-set-spiking in vball, and so was a stalwart member of each of our teams.
And to his credit, when we had an intramural kickball team, he pointed out that any line drive kick to third base was a guaranteed single because no one could physically throw a kickball from third to first fast enough to get a running adult out. We rode that strategy to the finals, until we ran into a team that had a guy who played football for FSU and could kick the ball to the stratosphere...

The few times that I played kickball, pitcher's mound was also an optional out for a kicker-runner.

Authentic Michigan fans need not ask. And it's not Clint Jones. He'd have been my choice today for an MSU KO countdown, if one existed.

Maybe because it's a day that they collectively dread.

I guess I'm not an authentic fan then - I'm more the type of fan where if it were a current player I'd probably know who it is. But I am curious who it is.

IMG_45481_580x.jpg

25 days. Hassan Haskins, RB, 2018-2021. First-team All-Big Ten, 2021, All-American, 2021.

Last edited:
resize

24 days. Jack Clancy, WR, 1963-1966. All-American, 1966.

woodyhankins23.jpg

23 Days. Woodrow Hankins, 1992-1996; played both ways, but mostly defense, starting strong safety 1996.

running-back-chris-perry-of-the-michigan-wolverines-celebrates-by-putting-a-rose-in-his-mouth.jpg

Have to include CP today. 2003 Big Ten Offensive POY, 2003 All-American, 2003 Doak Walker. 100th Game vs OSU, 31 carries, 154 yards, 2 TDs, 5 rec, 55 yards. A dominant performance in the 100th game of the best rivalry in sports.

Right, but we try to mix it up. Pretty sure CP has been in plenty of other kickoff countdown threads.

Last edited:
We know who he is - he?s the guy that was too dumb to learn an NFL playbook and reminds everybody how dumb he is by making an ass of himself every week on College Game Day.

We know who he is - he?s the guy that was too dumb to learn an NFL playbook and reminds everybody how dumb he is by making an ass of himself every week on College Game Day.

Maybe.

Didn?t he win a Super Bowl MVP in the NFL and doesn?t ESPN pay him every Saturday he shows up?

Nice work for a dumbass.

Also, you?re a day late and possibly a dollar short.

We?re up to Mike Hart day.

20 days

Back