Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Should we have a Kickoff Countdown?

Should we have a Kickoff Countdown?

• YES, and it's already less than 100 days til kickoff, FUCK!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • YES, how else will I know when the season starts?

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • NO, I'm an MSU fan and I don't want to be reminded of my crappy team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, I've been infected with "Woke Mind Virus" and don't care about football anymore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We know who he is - he?s the guy that was too dumb to learn an NFL playbook and reminds everybody how dumb he is by making an ass of himself every week on College Game Day.

So you watch to confirm. Interesting.

Maybe.

Didn?t he win a Super Bowl MVP in the NFL and doesn?t ESPN pay him every Saturday he shows up?

Nice work for a dumbass.

Also, you?re a day late and possibly a dollar short.

We?re up to Mike Hart day.

20 days

You don?t need to know the playbook to return punts and kicks - Devon Hester made a career doing the same thing as did others I?m sure.

But I agree, it is nice work for a dumbass, not bad for smart people either. He?s not the only dumb person getting paid in this country.

You don?t need to know the playbook to return punts and kicks - Devon Hester made a career doing the same thing as did others I?m sure.

But I agree, it is nice work for a dumbass, not bad for smart people either. He?s not the only dumb person getting paid in this country.

I guess.

I get paid.

Here?s a little tribute to our rival Spartans on the Michigan countdown to kickoff thread.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mu6nV...gc21pdGggaSBsb3ZlIHRoZSBlYXN5IG9wZW5pbmcgY2Fu

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sSg0v...naWJzb24gMTk4NCB3b3JsZCBzZXJpZXMgaG9tZSBydW4=

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0toCM...gMTk4OCB3b3JsZCBzZXJpZXMgamFjayBidWNrIGNhbGw=

Go Green, Go White

Most obvious is that he has the gig that you don't have.

I suppose, but that doesn?t mean he?s not obviously dumb - and to be fair, it?s not entirely his fault - look what ESPN is allowing to happen to Corso. It?s like they don?t care at all. And even before Corso began to be affected by dementia, it wasn?t obvious which one of them was the dumber.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Carl_Ward_%281964%29.png

19 days. Carl Ward, HB, 1964-1966. All Big Ten, 1965.

Last edited:
I didn't think we'd need a "no woofing and barking" qualifier for this thread, but maybe we do.

Last time M was pre-season #2 I was moving into South Quadrangle

it's kinda crazy that it has been that long. Honestly, it makes me nervous, just going by past performance of top 5 preseason Michigan teams. But the one I remember the most was '07, and there's a world of difference between this team and that one.

1991 wasn't a bad outcome, I guess... the teams they lost to were very good. But it was disappointing both then and would be this year as well, since we are expecting to be able to play with anyone

Last edited by a moderator:
1991 wasn't a bad outcome, I guess... the teams they lost to were very good. But it was disappointing both then and would be this year as well, since we are expecting to be able to play with anyone

Losing to the eventual #2 and #4 teams and finishing #6 is certainly not failure. Casey Weldon had the game of his career and Washington was just better than Michigan.

Last edited:
Losing to the eventual #2 and #4 teams and finishing #6 is certainly not failure. Casey Weldon had the game of his career and Washington was just better than Michigan.

I looked it up; UW actually won the coaches' poll that year. So we lost to the #1/#2 and #4 teams. And FSU's only losses were to the eventual national AP champion, Miami, in the "wide right" game, and a low scoring affair at #5 Florida the next week.

Agree the season was certainly not a failure. In my opinion, that was a great season... but I understand a lot of fans have different opinions than I do...

I'd be disappointed with the outcome if we breezed through the Big Ten schedule only to get beat soundly in the post-season, like in 1991, but I won't stop being a fan, demand someone get fired, or whine and complain about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
native.jpg

18 days. John Gabler, Wingback, 1967-1969. Royal Oak Kimball High School All-American. Here, pictured in one of his four carries in The Game.

Last edited:
native.jpg

17 days. Tom Slade, QB, 1971-1973. Was the QB for M's 11-1 undefeated Big Ten 1971 season. Then lost his starting role to Dennis Franklin.

Last edited:
a8acc42be3ea3cd6c8ade459a58f96df.jpg

16 Days. Denard Robinson, QB, '09-'12, All American 2010, Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year 2010.

While researching players for today, I came across this gem from the 1970 season, after fans Booed Bo because we struggled to put away Arizona (20-9):
In response to coach Schembechler's play calling, the crowd at Michigan Stadium began booing, mostly from the student section, in the third and fourth quarters. After the game, coach Schembechler responded: "Yeah, I heard them boo me. But if you think it bothered me, you're wrong. I may not be a very good coach but I'm a lot smarter than they are."
LOL.

Scot-Loeffler-989x.jpg

15 Days! Scot Loeffler, QB, '93-'96; GA '97-'98; QBC '02-'07. Barberton, OH (you know who else was from Barberton, OH???)

kipkeh.jpg

14 Days. Harry G. Kipke, HB, 1921-23, Lansing, MI; Head Coach 1929 - 1937; Won two (2) national titles, '32 & '33

Back