Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sick of all of this - A Rant

I have facts and science behind what I believe. you have speculation and a fairy tale

The bible speaks of unicorns, giants, thousand year old men, and witches. How is that fairytale?

I'm surprised by how little things have changed.
080620Evolution_2_jdjdjd.gif

religion has thrived as a way to explain what we don't have the answer to, over time we've explained a lot of things with science but we still don't have an answer to what happens when we die. the idea of going to heaven is comforting, the thought of an afterlife helps us cope with loss and our own mortality. that's why we have the fairy tale

This is usually the part where I start poking at people that exaggerate the roles of proof and logic in their belief systems and MC tries to act like I'm attacking science. We've all seen enough of that show, right?

Last edited:
The bible speaks of unicorns, giants, thousand year old men, and witches. How is that fairytale?

jack and the beanstalk is more believable than noahs ark, Jonah in the whale's belly, and moses parting the red sea.

*sigh*

evolution is not merely a theory. it's a theory and a fact.

it's not worth considering creationism... except as a curiousity as to understand how ignorant, credulous, unscientific, and/or dimwitted minds think.

So for the first part we agree then? Did you even visit the link?

We haven't discussed creationism, but I can attempt to, if you like?

I have facts and science behind what I believe. you have speculation and a fairy tale

So . . . now what are we considering? Does this have any relation to your complete ignorance about what the planks of the Republican party are, or whether you vote based purely on these religious questions?

You can keep dancing, but you really haven't answered any of my questions. This is totally what I remember from you on the ESPN message board.

I am so happy you have found your way here.

NOT!!
:clap:

I am kidding (I hope you know).

Last edited:
jack and the beanstalk is more believable than noahs ark, Jonah in the whale's belly, and moses parting the red sea.

If religious leaders actually spoke about everything in the bible, nobody would believe. It's quite shocking, actually.

Witches and unicorns in the Bible?

Not sure of the verses with witches, but i believe it speaks of putting them to death. Salem witch hunt took them seriously. unicorns are mentioned several times. Only verse i remember is numbers 23:22

I don't remember anything about unicorns or witches from my Bible days. I guess I might remember something about demons though.

Ha.
tumblr_m9xtpxqXBW1qza80u.jpg

The rope-a-dope.

Well, in this case, we weren't talking about the merits of creationism, per se, we were discussing how crazy Republicans are, as opposed to their totally sane Democrat counter-parts.

As proof, an example of the denial of evolution was put forward. I think that is pretty useless and really has very little to do with the original argument, but if discussing creationism will allow that to move forward, I can attempt to discuss it.

Last edited:
I also have a huge issue with the bible's treatment of women and condoning of slavery. A woman who is not a virgin on her wedding day is to be stoned to death after being dragged to the home of her father. Men may sell their daughters as slaves. They may take slaves of foreign countries/religions. There's instruction on how to pass down your slaves to your children when you die and even on how to treat your slaves.

Not to mention all of the atrocities in the bible that God is responsible for. Killing unborn babies while inside the womb. Slaughtering men, women, and children. Ordering entire villages to be destroyed. Killing a child because of disobedience.

If any of this was to be spoken in a church, you'd have half the audience just get up and leave. The book is no book of morals, so i find it disgusting when republicans (or anyone for that matter) try to use it to justify something they've done.

That's why I find that most Christians have absolutely no clue what is in their book. The bible is on par with the Quran. the only difference is that their people actually discuss and abide by what it says. Well, not all of them, but many in the middle east.

So . . . now what are we considering? Does this have any relation to your complete ignorance about what the planks of the Republican party are, or whether you vote based purely on these religious questions?

You can keep dancing, but you really haven't answered any of my questions. This is totally what I remember from you on the ESPN message board.

I am so happy you have found your way here.

NOT!!
:clap:

I am kidding (I hope you know).

this is a political forum, sorry that you get your jesus panties all wadded up if someone disagrees with you. the point is that it's a common question in GOP primary debates to question scientific fact

http://evolution.about.com/od/Overview/tp/2012-Gop-Presidential-Candidates-On-Evolution.htm

2012 candidates

bachman, wants to teach intelligent design in classes
gingrich, wants creationism taught in schools
huntsman, actually sane
paul, does not accept evolution
perry, evolution denier
Romney, when cornered, admitted that he believes in evolution, but he also believes that jesus traveled to the united states
santorum, anti evolution

just going to show how crazy this party is. it's comical that these questions are even part of the debate for president.

Back