Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sick of all of this - A Rant

To the Zimmerman verdict?

Hardly.

Madam Waters had the grace and good sense to say this immediately after the acquittal of Officers Kuntz, Powell, Wind and Bresenio, who had been being tried for the beating of one Rodney King.

It may have the spark - or one of the sparks - the led to the LA riots.

Forgive my faulty memory, then. I was 9. Stupid, stupid thing to say when tensions were so high.

and unlike the comments of Bachmann, Santorum, Gingrich, Romney, Herman Kane, etc., it wasn't said during a primary campaign, which was what we were looking for here, not "shocking things democrats have said"

so... no.

Shocking...? Was that the verbage that sbee used in response to KAWDUP? I forget and I don't feel like going back and looking it up.

No, it wasn't said in a primary campaign (was that one of the criteria? A shocking thing said during a primary campagn?).

It was said at a very critical and pivotal moment for her city; right before the city burned.

She's an elected official who had sworn an oath to the constitution; her words should have urged calm, not incitement, her personal anger the result of the judicial system notwithstanding.

Anyway, I was shocked she said that...that's for sure.

Shocking...? Was that the verbage that sbee used in response to KAWDUP? I forget and I don't feel like going back and looking it up.

No, it wasn't said in a primary campaign (was that one of the criteria? A shocking thing said during a primary campagn?).

It was said at a very critical and pivotal moment for her city; right before the city burned.

She's an elected official who had sworn an oath to the constitution; her words should have urged calm, not incitement, her personal anger the result of the judicial system notwithstanding.

Anyway, I was shocked she said that...that's for sure.

Preston Brooks caned Charles Sumner in 1856. Outrageous behavior is the norm in Congress. And the only constitution people like Waters, and the majority of our congress persons value, is that which they make every morning while reading their newspaper of choice.

Last edited:
avoiding the question. why is it that the party that invokes that denies evolution and invokes the bible as a basis for policy is the one that wants to tell the poor to fend for themselves.

do you have an answer for that? really, i'm curious why they would hate obamacare and food stamps. Jesus would have loved it

When did denying evolution become a GOP plank? Must have missed this one. You need to separate the beliefs of radicals within the party to what the party officially stands for - this is established at the convention. Neither party gets it all right. You have to determine on your own what is most important to you and then support whichever you think more closely agrees with your values. How else do you determine who to vote for?

There is nothing wrong with the ideas of those two things you mention. It is how they have been implemented where the argument ensues.

Sort of like this (can't wait for champ to get a hold of this analogy - made absurd on purpose to prove a point): So lowering unemployment is a good thing, and an admirable idea. Accomplishing the lower unemployment by shipping the unemployed to another country or figuriing out a way to not count them in the numbers, is not something I can support. Can you see the difference?

So because I am against Obamacare, I must want people to die with no insurance, right?!? If that isn't the most ignorant thing I have heard of in a very long time.

When did denying evolution become a GOP plank? Must have missed this one. You need to separate the beliefs of radicals within the party to what the party officially stands for - this is established at the convention. Neither party gets it all right. You have to determine on your own what is most important to you and then support whichever you think more closely agrees with your values. How else do you determine who to vote for?

There is nothing wrong with the ideas of those two things you mention. It is how they have been implemented where the argument ensues.

Sort of like this (can't wait for champ to get a hold of this analogy - made absurd on purpose to prove a point): So lowering unemployment is a good thing, and an admirable idea. Accomplishing the lower unemployment by shipping the unemployed to another country or figuriing out a way to not count them in the numbers, is not something I can support. Can you see the difference?

So because I am against Obamacare, I must want people to die with no insurance, right?!? If that isn't the most ignorant thing I have heard of in a very long time.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/108226/Republicans-Democrats-Differ-Creationism.aspx

60% of republicans believe that humans were created as is by god over 10000 years ago. I don't think 60% qualifies as a lunatic fringe

It still isn't a party plank.

I bet I could find something unsavory that 60% of Democrats believe, but would that stop you from supporting the party that most closely exudes your own values?

republican primary candidates are asked this regularly at debates. it's not even a question for democrats.

if you don't believe that we were placed here by god, good luck winning primaries in GOP heavy states. part of the reason why santorum was a real threat to Romeny

http://www.gallup.com/poll/108226/Republicans-Democrats-Differ-Creationism.aspx

60% of republicans believe that humans were created as is by god over 10000 years ago. I don't think 60% qualifies as a lunatic fringe

Wow.

What is interesting to me from the graph is that the percentage of independents and Democrats who also believe that is 40% and 38% respectively - that's pretty high.

When you add the "evolved, God guided" response to the creationist response, it's 92% for Republicans, 76% for independents, and 77% for Democrats.

So believing that God is in the picture somewhere is the substantial majority for everybody - just over 9 to 1 among Republicans, but still just a tad more than 3 to 1 for Democrats.

republican primary candidates are asked this regularly at debates. it's not even a question for democrats.

if you don't believe that we were placed here by god, good luck winning primaries in GOP heavy states. part of the reason why santorum was a real threat to Romeny

I believe that God places a soul into each human being, not that evolution isn't a theory worth considering.

. . . and believe it or not, I do NOT make political decisions based on my religious beliefs. If you do, that is fine, but there are so many other issues that need to be taken care of, why would you do that?

I believe that God places a soul into each human being, not that evolution isn't a theory worth considering.

. . . and believe it or not, I do NOT make political decisions based on my religious beliefs. If you do, that is fine, but there are so many other issues that need to be taken care of, why would you do that?

Worth considering? understand that evolution was proven by scientific evidence around 200 years ago.

this is what i'm talking about, there is proof that something has happened and people say "it's worth considering."

Ohhhhh . . . so now its the degree to which one party is more stupid than the other that gets your blood boiling?

OK - carry on.

Obama-Biden-Dumb-and-Dumber.jpg
movie_of_the_weak_dumb_comp.jpg

Last edited:
Worth considering? understand that evolution was proven by scientific evidence around 200 years ago.

this is what i'm talking about, there is proof that something has happened and people say "it's worth considering."

It is still a theory too:
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html

You are as closed-minded as any religious right wingnut I have ever had the occasion to read.

So . . . yeah . . . its worth considering. What else you got?

Last edited:
*sigh*

evolution is not merely a theory. it's a theory and a fact.

it's not worth considering creationism... except as a curiousity as to understand how ignorant, credulous, unscientific, and/or dimwitted minds think.

Back