Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

sick of people saying that Michigan is a 1man team

TheVictors03 said:
So now you're 'smiting' me out of anger?! LMAO! Stats? What stats? You don't think we all watch Michigan games? You've ignored every reply to your premise of wanting a time machine so you can go back to 2008 and change history. Nobody disagrees with the claim that Denard isn't the world's best passer, idiot, it's just that EVERYBODY KNOWS IT and it's a DEAD HORSE

Strawmen seem to be your forte. I never said that I wanted a time machine. I said that Denard is not a great player now. What am I going to do with a time machine? Go back, say that RR is not a good fit and get shouted down by Michigan fans? Been there done that. Did you listen? Would you listen if I had a time machine. Doubt it. I bet that you were one of those "All In" idiots.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
17yr olds, not fuck tards. Its common sense that michigan is going back to pro style. Michigan was known for the spread offense under rich rod. He's not here anymore. Hoke is, a coach who has never had a spread offense other than now because he has too. If the player isn't smart enough to figure this out then I doubt he's smart enough to have a gpa to get into michigan.

You think while talking to the player hoke never mentions that michigan will be a pro style offense again? I think that is a little more effective than what a 17yr old has seen in the past with a whole different coaching staff.

Come on, do you really think that we are talking about student athletes here? Prior was recruited to Michigan and the guy can barely speak English. We are recruiting players that major in Football in most cases. They don't go through the normal admissions process.

Now what is your point? Are you saying that Denard has no effect whatsoever? If you live in Denver and you are deciding between Alabama or Michigan what looks better? You know what Alabama is. All that you know is what a coach tells you Michigan is going to be. Are you going to put your future at risk? I would not. That is all that I am saying. You disagree. Fair enough.

Well, since you asked (and assumed), you're once again ...WRONG. I didn't feel Rich Rod and his Spread n Shred would be a good fit. At the time when people whined about Carr, saying the game had passed him by, I said 'be careful what you wish for.' As one who went to UM and graduated from UM, I can't disassociate myself from winning and losing, but because I'm an adult, I realize that there is only so much in my control.

So, rather than whine about the obvious flaws this kid #16 seems to have, I patiently wait for the changes that are coming and do so optimistically. And you know what? Denard is fucking entertaining, smart, humble and likeable. I don't resent him for being recruited by RR for the spread any more than I resent Hoke and Mattison for recruiting incredibly well and having a class that some recruitdorks say is #1.

I don't resent Morris and his 5-star pro style arm or the 5-star S from OH that committed the night Shoelace lead that incredible comeback against ND...a game I was lucky enough to see in person.

So you have said in this thread .... DRob sucks, DRob can't throw, if he weren't the starting QB we'd have 5-star receivers in the 2012 class and have otherwise rehashed every single tedious complaint about UM that everyone is sick and tired of hearing after THREE fucking years of it.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings or made you angry by calling you out for non-responsive posts to virtually every single poster in the thread. Clearly you are emotional about Michigan football running a different offense and if you'd exhibit the slightest bit of patience I think you'll be happy again pretty soon. Even if it means going 8-4 or 9-3 like Carr did so often.

'Mediocrity is the new standard for Michigan' was your tell ....phrase has been used before by your pal Dinky.

uofmpoweri said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:
17yr olds, not fuck tards. Its common sense that michigan is going back to pro style. Michigan was known for the spread offense under rich rod. He's not here anymore. Hoke is, a coach who has never had a spread offense other than now because he has too. If the player isn't smart enough to figure this out then I doubt he's smart enough to have a gpa to get into michigan.

You think while talking to the player hoke never mentions that michigan will be a pro style offense again? I think that is a little more effective than what a 17yr old has seen in the past with a whole different coaching staff.

Come on, do you really think that we are talking about student athletes here? Prior was recruited to Michigan and the guy can barely speak English. We are recruiting players that major in Football in most cases. They don't go through the normal admissions process.

Now what is your point? Are you saying that Denard has no effect whatsoever? If you live in Denver and you are deciding between Alabama or Michigan what looks better? You know what Alabama is. All that you know is what a coach tells you Michigan is going to be. Are you going to put your future at risk? I would not. That is all that I am saying. You disagree. Fair enough.

Well michigan has one of the top recruiting classes coming, so I'm not the only one who disagrees. If anything denard helps recruiting. He's the most exciting player. He has an amazing personality. And even at michigan's lowest you still see denard highlights, which kids like exposure.

And pryor picked ohio because he wanted to be in a more pro style offense. So I guess even the dumb players do a little research before picking a school. Do a little research and its common sense that michigan is going back to pro style.

Hungry said:
uofmpoweri said:
Ok, I'm convinced. Denard is great. He is unstoppable, and quite possibly the best player in the world. Michigan is lucky to have him. He is the best Qb that I have ever laid eyes on. The only reason that he has incomplete passes is the play calling and personnel around him. Once he gets some players everyone will see his completion rate zoom up to at least 80%. The guy is amazing. Talented receivers will be beating down the doors trying to get this guy to lead them to the NFL. I will not be surprised when this team goes undefeated. Denard will win at least one national championship. If he is not drafted with the first overall pick after his junior year, then Michigan will win back to back championships. Any team in the NFL would bench their starting QB for DR right now if they had the opportunity.

Ahhhh, Finally in the group think of the Michigan board. I feel so accepted with my fellow arrogant assholes.

Wow! You're really losing it. No one on this board is saying any of the above. Nice rant, though.

Ok, this is why, at least for me, that I responded as I did.

<< It seems like Denard is the new RR for Michigan fans. If you point out his obvious flaws then somehow you are against Michigan. He had less than 300 total yards against SDSU. A real quarterback would have 300 passing yards against these cupcakes. And, a real quarterback would have a running back with 100+ yards. So for Denard to make up for his pitiful arm, he needs to combine with Smith for 400 total yards. Until he does that his running ability is not making up for his pitiful passing abilities.

I realize that we are stuck with him for a while, so I will root him on and hope that he learns how to complete a pass. Anyone that calls him unstoppable or great either has not watched him throw the ball, or is blinded with Michigan beer goggles.

Another problem with Denard. What top receiver/Running back in their right mind is going to want to come to Michigan? >>

I will count off the either wrong or insulting things that you started off with:

1) Calling Denard the new RR? There is no such divide. Very few people believe this is true.
2) I never acccused you of being against Michigan. In fact, after your initial post, I even said that I knew you were fan and attempting to inject some realism into the disucssion.
3) I think everyone has stated quite a number of times that they know about his obvious flaws, but I think many believe his postives outweigh those flaws. You just can't acknowledge it. I am sorry for you.
4) Then there was the snipe about a real QB and what a real QB would have done - I hate to tell you, but by nearly any definition used Denard is a real QB. He is QB for one of the elite overall programs that exist. Obviously that counts for nothing with you.
5) A real QB would have a running back with 100+ yards? Oh really?!? How you can even blame that one on Denard I'll never know.
6) Denard has a pitiful arm and pitiful passing abilites? His arm is actually pretty good - his passing abilities are growing but most posters have already admitted in a number of threads on the subject, that those abilities right now seem a bit under average for a Michigan QB. . . . but pitiful? Hardly.
7) We are stuck with him? I can name you many colleges that would love to be stuck with a player and athelete like Denard.
8) Being condescending about hoping that he learns how to complete a pass isn't helping your case any.
9) So, anyone who thinks he is great has either not watched him pass or is blinded with beer goggles. He is not unstoppable as you pointed out a BUNCH of times, but you insult quite a group of people with this statement who don't fit either of those inane categories.
10) Then you finish by stating that there would be no top recruits that want to come to Michigan with Denard here? I think it has already been pointed out that that is patently false.

Do you get it now?

I'm going to bet no, and you will just go off on another sarcastic rant.

. . . but what do I know, I have beer goggles on. Sheesh!!

School is out son, you can go home now.

Back