Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spartans at BC

Hey that's not fair. I barely come here, in fact I barely frequent the UM board.
That’s the point, only time you come here is to be a troll. He’s right about the mods, you’re probably not as bad as kalinecountry, but that’s a pretty low bar.

Shorthanded Michigan State Showed Potential Against Boston College​

Saw this headline come across my MSN feed today and thought, 'Man, it must be so easy to get an article about sports published.' I hope this clown doesn't make any real money on this garbage - he's basically rehashing headlines from week 2 & 3. In week 1 we looked like rusty dog shit, in week 2 & 3 we saw some flashes of potential. Against BC we didn't show potential, we reminded everyone of our capacity to blow a game down the stretch - and that Chiles has some serious work to do, we don't have a legit playmaker at WR (we might, but he's a true freshman and he's injured), our line stinks and our starting TB is pretty average at best.

It's not time to sound the alarm or abandon ship - I think Smith has done a decent job and I think our offense is a lot more fun to watch in terms of scheme, execution on the other hand needs some work. But we didn't show potential this weekend, we demonstrated we're nowhere near being a complete team. Even shorthanded, we should have won that game but we were 3-1 on the wrong side in turnovers, virtually of them our fault. And as well as the defense played there were at least 2 plays that killed us (Haladay whiffing on a tackle on 3rd and long and the CB and safety absolutely blowing coverage to give up a 42yd go-ahead TD - that was just plain awful).

Probably the biggest area of improvement was in penalties - we only had 3 for 15 yards but the PF, even though it was probably a bad call was costly as it extended a drive.

Back