Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford to Dallas?

Probably because they get paid the big bucks. But you need to look at each game. The Chicago game, even if we lost, I doubt there'd be many if any who would have blamed Matt. He had a fine game. Arizona, not so much.

So it's easier to blame Matt because of his inconsistent career. The same way we blame Pettigrew or the OC.

And there's the weak part of your argument right there. "It's easier to blame Matt". It is??

It's much, much easier to be a QB today. I thought that was common knowledge? I've never heard anyone say it's more difficult. The rules are so freaking tailored to the QB. Late hits, PI's being called at ridiculous clips, the game is just so much friendly towards the QB.

When everybody is throwing the football a ton, how exactly is it"easier" to play qb today. You have to score more in today's nfl, that doesn't sound easier, at all, and sounds much harder to win games. Imo, the nfl rules only cater to the truly elite qbs, that play in a marketable city.

Last edited:
Typically only 10 qbs throw over 4,000 yards in a season. It's a myth everyone has this yardage. Stafford is usually well over

Typically only 10 qbs throw over 4,000 yards in a season. It's a myth everyone has this yardage. Stafford is usually well over

He throws the ball a ton. Yards mean shit to anybody besides you

And there's the weak part of your argument right there. "It's easier to blame Matt". It is??

QB generally get blame. Just like HC, MLB Managers and NHL goalies. I didn't make up the blame game..

Last edited:
Id trade him to Washington for Kurt Cousins. Wed get the same production and like 78 mil extra to actually improve the team.

It's much, much easier to be a QB today. I thought that was common knowledge? I've never heard anyone say it's more difficult. The rules are so freaking tailored to the QB. Late hits, PI's being called at ridiculous clips, the game is just so much friendly towards the QB.

You obviously don't get it and that's no surprise. Physically....yes. Mentally....fuck no.

QB generally get blame. Just like HC, MLB Managers and NHL goalies. I didn't make up the blame game..

Didn't say you made it up, but it's weak and media driven. It's easy for people to point their fingers at someone. QBs usually get the brunt of it and it's a joke.

Tell me one thing. Who gets the blame today?

Didn't say you made it up, but it's weak and media driven. It's easy for people to point their fingers at someone. QBs usually get the brunt of it and it's a joke.

Tell me one thing. Who gets the blame today?

Too many to name.

Like I said earlier...

I think most of us were talking strictly about stats...nothing else. The rules today are in place to let the offenses have success, specifically in the passing game. In the past 10 seasons, quarterbacks have thrown for more than 4000 yards 76 times. Prior to that there were a total of 56.

In 1995 they put the clamps down on the defense significantly.

" Protection for defenseless players is clarified and expanded. Since 1982, a defensive player was prohibited from using the crown or top of his helmet against a passer, a receiver in the act of catching a pass, or a runner who is in the grasp of a tackler. The clarification provided that:
Defenseless players included a kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air, and a player on the ground at the end of a play.
Defensive players are prohibited from lowering their heads to make forcible contact with the facemask, or with the "hairline" or forehead part of the helmet, against an opponent, instead of only with the top/crown.
Defensive players are prohibited from forcibly hitting the defenseless player's head, neck, or face with the helmet or facemask.
Defensive players are prohibited from launching into a defenseless player in a way that causes the defensive player's helmet or facemask to forcibly strike the defenseless player's head, neck, or face, even if the initial contact of the defender's helmet or facemask is lower than the defenseless player's neck.
When tackling a passer during or just after throwing a pass, a defensive player is prohibited from unnecessarily and violently throwing him down and landing on top of him with all or most of the defender's weight."

Prior to those rule changes there were 4000 yard seasons only 23 times and only 3 players had more than one. Dan Marino (6), Warren Moon (3) and Dan Fouts (3)

Here some of the recent names of multi 4000 yard seasons:
Jon Kitna (2)
Matt Schaub (3)
Stafford (4)
Carson Palmer (4)
Eli Manning (4)

Getting passing stats is easy today compared to the past!

Cmon, Mitch! Lol. The OLine and Lombardi were responsible for this loss and you know it.

Big reason. But that defense made Minny punt very few. At one time I think they scored 5 possessions in a row. And no help from turnovers. They played a roll.

I put alot on the secondary (Dline and LBs did well). The D allowed 15 points in the first half before the Lions offense was messing up and allowed a TD on the first drive of the second half (should have been rested).

Big reason. But that defense made Minny punt very few. At one time I think they scored 5 possessions in a row. And no help from turnovers. They played a roll.

Of course they played a roll, but I thought they played good enough. Bridgwater and Diggs had great days. Diggs made a miraculous catch for a TD and AP was shut down until that long run. They played a bend don't break type D. The OLine was atrocious in the 2nd half....no adjustments whatsoever...this is on the OLine and Lombardi. Staff had no time at all.

Of course they played a roll, but I thought they played good enough. Bridgwater and Diggs had great days. Diggs made a miraculous catch for a TD and AP was shut down until that long run. They played a bend don't break type D. The OLine was atrocious in the 2nd half....no adjustments whatsoever...this is on the OLine and Lombardi. Staff had no time at all.

Great catch but Diggs was open by 10 yards. When Bridgewater can have a day like that, with AP having only one play.. the defense didn't play well enough.

Great catch but Diggs was open by 10 yards. When Bridgewater can have a day like that, with AP having only one play.. the defense didn't play well enough.

I only say they played well enough because of the scoring. No TDs on the ground, 1 diving catch in the EZ and 1 short TD to the TE. Then Blair Walsh having a career day against our D. Hence the bend don't break type D they were playing. That's why I thought they played just good enough...barely. Kicking that many FGs or attempting that many FGs is usually a recipe for disaster.

Kickers always make 50 yarders against us. Always. Even when they are struggling like Walsh. And Bridgewater fumbled and the Vikings luckily recovered before the FG at end of first half.

And that Stefon Diggs play never happens if Quandre Diggs doesn't have a stupid defensive holding play on 3rd and 11 earlier. (stupid Josh Wilson injury).

Rudolph one hander and Diggs miracle dive.

Pick up Mallett, he was just cut from the Texans. Deal Stafford to Houston. They would love him there and he has a good qb developer as a head coach there that may screw his head on straight. Should be able to get a 2nd rounder for Stafford I believe.

Back