Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford to Dallas?

Stafford is like a young Brady and Manning. I proved that

This franchise's biggest regret ever will be cutting/trading Stafford.

We will be CURSED for 148+ years (the number of TDS he has thrown) if they cut or trade him

LOL. I proved he wasn't. Both Brady and Manning were top 10 every year but 1. Stafford has been in the top half of the league for a grand total of 1 of his 7 years. But yea..so close to being the same.

You will latch on to whatever the management tells you. You are like a cheerleader, don't understand, just like to yell and think everything is great. Probably willing to sleep with the players too if you had the chance.

LOL. I proved he wasn't. Both Brady and Manning were top 10 every year but 1. Stafford has been in the top half of the league for a grand total of 1 of his 7 years. But yea..so close to being the same.

You will latch on to whatever the management tells you. You are like a cheerleader, don't understand, just like to yell and think everything is great. Probably willing to sleep with the players too if you had the chance.

You didn't prove anything. My chart says it all. Attempts are high because other guys fuck up, not Stafford. And run game is shit almost every season.

Stafford would have won more Super bowls than Brady if he was on those Patriots teams from 2002-2015.

tumblr_inline_ntsz5vC8x71rkf4dx_500.gif

3.6 YPC in 2014
4.0 YPC in 2013 (6 bad games, 10 good)
4.1 YPC in 2012 (Bell good, LeShoure bad, not many attempts)
4.3 YpC 2011 (good year but Best got hurt, Smith had one huge game) and 41 Tds from Stafford
2.7 YPC in 3 games in 2010 (Stafford did well)
3.7 YPC in 10 games in 2009

Stafford got no defense other than first 10 gamess in 2011 and 2014.

15 of 85 ints occurred when Stafford was playing hurt in 5 games (shoulder in 2009 for 2 games and finger in 2011 for 3 games).

Brady always had a defense. No run game however. Similar numbers to Stafford in first five years.

Manning had run games of 4.5 YPC, 4.3 YPC and 4.0 YPC in 3 of his first 5 years. 3.9 YPC rookie season and Manning was awful. 3.6 YPC in 2002, Manning had 19 ints that year.

Last edited:
Brady
6th ranked PPG D. Won SB
17th ranked PPG D in 2002. Missed playoffs
1st ranked PPG D in 2003. Won SB
2nd ranked PPG D in 2004. Won SB
17th rnaked PPG D in 2005. divisonal exit. dolphins, bills and jets stunk in 2005.

Early Brady did not deserve to win anything. All defense.

Last edited:
And I'm sure Brady and Manning had more protection than Stafford did in 2009/2010 and 2014.

Last edited:
2009 Vikings and Packers both really good teams, Bears decent
2010 Packers won SB and Bears in Champ game
2011 Pack 15-1, Lions good, Bears decent, Vikings sucked
2012 Pack Bears and Vikings all double digit winners
2013 down year for everyone due to injuries. Pack 6-2 with Rodgers playing
2014 Pack and Lions good, Bears bad, Vikings decent
2015 We'll see

Last edited:
So you keep on trying until maybe a QB can win here. With the recent pay scale, rookie QB's are cheaper. Maybe we can afford a full team then with the cash they save. Plus if they stink it's easier to get rid of them.. Matt has proven he can be good. Unfortunately he was a 1-year wonder. The biggest problem is we can't get to the playoffs enough. More times in, more chances to win.

Brady
6th ranked PPG D. Won SB
17th ranked PPG D in 2002. Missed playoffs
1st ranked PPG D in 2003. Won SB
2nd ranked PPG D in 2004. Won SB
17th rnaked PPG D in 2005. divisonal exit. dolphins, bills and jets stunk in 2005.

Early Brady did not deserve to win anything. All defense.

You probably haven't figured out your flaw. When Brady has good defense, they win SB's. When we have good defense, '14 - we're 1-game exit.

You probably haven't figured out your flaw. When Brady has good defense, they win SB's. When we have good defense, '14 - we're 1-game exit.

Brady's defense played well in the playoffs and didn't get screwed by the refs. In fact helped by the refs (tuck rule).

Lions defense got screwed by refs and allowed 24 points.

We so beat Dallas.

So you keep on trying until maybe a QB can win here. With the recent pay scale, rookie QB's are cheaper. Maybe we can afford a full team then with the cash they save. Plus if they stink it's easier to get rid of them.. Matt has proven he can be good. Unfortunately he was a 1-year wonder. The biggest problem is we can't get to the playoffs enough. More times in, more chances to win.

Money is the only thing that would make a rookie more appealing. But the Lions have a good amount of cap room next year even with Stafford at 22 million and Calvin at 24 million. So no need to dump him.

2013 Lions Defense was in top half of the league, Got better run production from running backs then seattle did (super bowl champs), was in the easiest division in the league.

So good enough defense, good enough running game, easiest schedule possible..and a choke job by #9 and the lions. Guy doesn't have it.

Maybe next year in year 8 it will finally click.

2013 Lions Defense was in top half of the league, Got better run production from running backs then seattle did (super bowl champs), was in the easiest division in the league.

So good enough defense, good enough running game, easiest schedule possible..and a choke job by #9 and the lions. Guy doesn't have it.

Maybe next year in year 8 it will finally click.

Brady has had a top 10 PPG defense 13 of his 15 years playing. 17th was the worst ranking they ever had. Lions were ranked 15th in 2013.

Since 2007 the Patriots have averaged 6.4 fumbles lost only in a season. Lions have 8 already. Had 16 in 2012 and 15 in 2013. Only had 7 and 8 in 2011 and 2014. Magic we won double digits.

THEY ARE CHEATERS. AND LUCKY TO PLAY IN TERRIBEL AFC EAST.

The Lions defense was not top 10 in 2013. They gave up big plays due to injuries in many games.

And if you are talking first half of the sesaon, the Lions were 6-3 to start with Stafford playing great.

the 2013 Lions also had major weapons issues with Calvin out 2 and limited 2 and Durham playing a ton. Give me David Givens and Troy Brown and 1st round pick Ben Watson over old ass Burleson and slow ass Pettigrew.

Last edited:
Brady's defense played well in the playoffs and didn't get screwed by the refs. In fact helped by the refs (tuck rule).

Lions defense got screwed by refs and allowed 24 points.

We so beat Dallas.

We beat Dallas? Alright. Did we win the following week? I can't seem to recall.

Of course I am cynical. Why wouldn't I be? This franchise has ripped my heart out for about 25 years every Sunday. What do they deserve for me to blindly cheer and clap for them and expect things will suddenly be better?

He's an average QB who hasn't won anything, and the stats prove that. I'm not going to bow at the throne of Pat Statford. He's been a complete letdown with his place in the draft and the amount of money he makes. And the people who try and defend him have one thing in their back pocket: Yards. And yards mean NOTHING when determining the greatness of a QB. Playoff wins, super bowls, leading teams to great moments. He's done none of that. We talk about 11-5 regular season as though that means something. That's how pathetic this franchise is.

Well I hope Pat wouldn't expect you to bow to his throne. :*)

Hey, I said it was fine for you to believe what you want. It isn't like they haven't ripped my heart out too.

. . . and I had 18 years of season tickets. What in God's name was I thinking?

If you think defending Matthew Stafford means I need anything in my back pocket like some total points or TD's, you are mistaken. Just balancing out the hate.

Now let's do Stafford PPG defense
32nd in 2009
19th in 2010
23rd in 2011
27th in 2012

By the way, the above 4 years, don't even pass Brady's only bad support year of 17th in 2002.

2013 15th
2014 3rd

Stafford in 6 seasons, has one top 10 defense and won 11 games. And his 7th season (currently 29th) doesn't look much better either. And maybe we beat the record for least rushing yards in the history of the NFL by our rush offense.

STOP BLAMING STAFFORD

looks like Mayhew can't build a complete team!

2009 and 2010 was a rebuild and Stafford hurt.
2011 and 2014 double digit wins

2012, 2013 and 2015 many many many injuries.

Last edited:
Back