Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford

I'm pretty negative on Stafford but for that stat to increase, he's really going to need a little more time to throw.

Last edited:
I'm pretty negative on Stafford but for that stat to increase, he's really going to need a little more time to throw.

and more weapons....cause none of our guys on the active roster can get open down the field.

If things don't change by the end of the year, our first pick is almost guaranteed to be OL.

That's the sad part..the biggest problem imo, the QB you can't change because he's making too much money.

Last edited:
The Lions are winning because of their defense and that is fine with me. This is much better than Stafford flinging it around 40 times a game.

That's the sad part..the biggest problem imo, the QB you can't change because he's making too much money.

Nothing sad about it actually. It's sad we draft a TE, it's sad we draft an OLineman to "protect" Stafford. When is it not sad in your eyes? You shit on everything this organization does because you're a miserable person in life lol. THAT is sad ....real sad.

Stafford has been sacked 21 times in 6 games.

He's been pressured more than any QB in the league, and has more QB hits on him than any QB in the league.

And we're in any way surprised the guy doesn't make accurate deep throws? With what time? He seems to have 1.2 seconds to get rid of the ball on just about every play.

Football is still won and lost in the trenches, and the offensive side of our trench is costing us yards and points. I can't even imagine why the fingers would be pointing at Stafford right now.

We've seen him make big throws. We've seen him deliver accurate strikes. And the year his O-Line can't get him any time to set and throw, we're ready to say he can't do it?

Crazy man. The blame for the sluggish offense sits squarely on the shoulders of an offensive line that can't seem to pass protect, can't seem to open holes for our backs, and can't seem to stop committing stupid penalties.

It's a little bit of everything as the problem. Ebron will develop over time and Calvin coming back eventually will completley change this offense for the better. Tate is producing already. Can Ross, Fauria, Broyles, Pettigrew make one or two plays a game to help us out.

Nothing sad about it actually. It's sad we draft a TE, it's sad we draft an OLineman to "protect" Stafford. When is it not sad in your eyes? You shit on everything this organization does because you're a miserable person in life lol. THAT is sad ....real sad.

It might be that they've won 1 playoff game in his lifetime...it just might be. That's enough to make a lot of people sour.

It might be that they've won 1 playoff game in his lifetime...it just might be. That's enough to make a lot of people sour.

Then why be a fan?

31 other teams to choose from.

You know, if I had a favorite store to get my groceries from on a weekly basis.....and ALL I did was go out of my way to trash them.........complain about the management, the products, the prices, the GM, the employees, the new products they develop every year......I would probably look for another store!!!

Not just bitch about it again and again and again and again and again about every little god damn thing they do.

Oh, and then go back again the next week.....and the next.....and the next.....and bitch about it......and go back.....and bitch some more......and go back...

As some point you just have to enjoy it or shut the fuck up and move on!

Last edited:

He's been pressured more than any QB in the league, and has more QB hits on him than any QB in the league.

And we're in any way surprised the guy doesn't make accurate deep throws? With what time? He seems to have 1.2 seconds to get rid of the ball on just about every play.

Football is still won and lost in the trenches, and the offensive side of our trench is costing us yards and points. I can't even imagine why the fingers would be pointing at Stafford right now.

We've seen him make big throws. We've seen him deliver accurate strikes. And the year his O-Line can't get him any time to set and throw, we're ready to say he can't do it?

Crazy man. The blame for the sluggish offense sits squarely on the shoulders of an offensive line that can't seem to pass protect, can't seem to open holes for our backs, and can't seem to stop committing stupid penalties.

he had time previous years and has consistently been amongst the worst in completions % on deep balls if I remember accurately. Someone can stat check me cause im at work. So ya...that excuse doesn't hold water....and that's the problem....theres ALWAYS an excuse. A lot of qbs lose people on their oline...they play thru it. In peyton mannings case he lost 2/5s of his oline and went to the super bowl. Russel Okung is out every year....Wilson went to the super bowl. Before it was..."well Stafford doesn't have a defense like theirs" ...lol welp now he does so its on to the next excuse. Crazy how many passes this guy has.

not enough weapons
not a good enough defense
too many drops

....and then all those people saying that will turn around and defend mayhew at any cost lmao....its frikken hysterical.

Before it was..."well Stafford doesn't have a defense like theirs" ...lol welp now he does

And what's their record? 4-2...... And we all know they should be 5-1.

Arod? 4-2
Wilson? 3-2

Thanks for proving the point. Give him a D and some weapons and he'll win games.

And that's without CJ for 1/2 of those games.....all 3 in which he has put us in position to win.

Next!

Arod? 4-2
Wilson? 3-2

Thanks for proving the point. Give him a D and some weapons and he'll win games.

And that's without CJ for 1/2 of those games.....all 3 in which the defense has put us in position to win.

Next!

FTFY. :cheers:

Then why be a fan?

31 other teams to choose from.

You know, if I had a favorite store to get my groceries from on a weekly basis.....and ALL I did was go out of my way to trash them.........complain about the management, the products, the prices, the GM, the employees, the new products they develop every year......I would probably look for another store!!!

Not just bitch about it again and again and again and again and again about every little god damn thing they do.

Oh, and then go back again the next week.....and the next.....and the next.....and bitch about it......and go back.....and bitch some more......and go back...

As some point you just have to enjoy it or shut the fuck up and move on!

Some fans are slappies. Some fans are pessimistic. Who the fuck are you to decide who gets to be what?

If you peeked into a game day thread, hughes is not nearly as negative as during the week. He's clearly a fan, he just has a different take than you. Get over yourself.

Some fans are slappies. Some fans are pessimistic. Who the fuck are you to decide who gets to be what?

If you peeked into a game day thread, hughes is not nearly as negative as during the week. He's clearly a fan, he just has a different take than you. Get over yourself.

Did I say I got to decide?

Nope.

Just says a lot about a person when the only joy they get out of being a "fan" is ripping on their own team.

Makes about as much sense as beating the shit out of your wife and telling her how much you love her.

But to each his own, right?

He wasn't accurate last year or the year before and wasn't sacked much at all..sure the OLINE sucks but look at the bad throws when he does have time..it's not just on the offensive line.

Did I say I got to decide?

Nope.

Just says a lot about a person when the only joy they get out of being a "fan" is ripping on their own team.

Makes about as much sense as beating the shit out of your wife and telling her how much you love her.

But to each his own, right?

You got a serious problem of you compare "ripping on a team" and "beating on your wife"

It's funny, reading the game day threads it's constant bitching until the game is over. But that's okay..ya.

Arod? 4-2
Wilson? 3-2

And that's without CJ for 1/2 of those games.....all 3 in which he has put us in position to win.

Next!

hes not winning shit...the defense is. that's OUR POINT since ...you know....the thread is about Stafford. He HAS a defense now and hes still playing like shit lol.

Back