Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford

hes not winning shit...the defense is. that's OUR POINT since ...you know....the thread is about Stafford. He HAS a defense now and hes still playing like shit lol.

If Stafford could put up 14 points a game we should win most games. Granted the kicking game has strugled, but an elite qb wouldnt force a struggling kicker to consistently kick 45-55 yard attempts.

Love it......

You guys give credit to Russel Wilson for winning even though he has/had the worlds best defense behind him....

But not Stafford.

No fixin' stupid, huh?

lol "You guys". Way to just lump everyone who disagrees with you on one topic together on another topic. Talk about stupid.

I (along with most people that I'm aware of) credit Seattle's defense with their Super Bowl win. If this season were to keep carrying like it is and Detroit won a Super Bowl, I'd do the same thing.

Now if you want to get into the QB debate...Where it gets interesting is the camp that says Stafford > Wilson often likes to point out that Seattle's defense gave Wilson good field position and that's why Wilson has superior numbers. Well despite having good field position this season, Stafford has a less than 2:1 TD to Int ratio and despite having a 62%+ Comp %. Blame the O-line all you want, everyone knows it's been terrible, but in the end your QB makes more than the entire O-line combined and he needs to figure his shit out.

No, I can't fix stupid. But I'm willing to lend you a hand whenever I can when it comes to your Kool-Aid addiction.

Last edited:
lol "You guys". Way to just lump everyone who disagrees with you on one topic together on another topic. Talk about stupid.

I (along with most people that I'm aware of) credit Seattle's defense with their Super Bowl win. If this season were to keep carrying like it is and Detroit won a Super Bowl, I'd do the same thing.

Now if you want to get into the QB debate...Where it gets interesting is the camp that says Stafford > Wilson often likes to point out that Seattle's defense gave Wilson good field position and that's why Wilson has superior numbers. Well despite having good field position this season, Stafford has a less than 2:1 TD to Int ratio and despite having a 62%+ Comp %.

No, I can't fix stupid. But I'm willing to lend you a hand whenever I can when it comes to your Kool-Aid addiction.

that's what the worst part about the min game was.....we played the entire game with GREAT field position and still couldn't score any points. It was ridiculous....

Not just Minnesota..we've gotten good field position all season.

Seems like every time we get inside the 40 our offense shits the bed. We cant run, we cant block and the drive stalls.

And then we miss the field goal and give the other team great field position.

I just Wonder if the defense has a bad day one week will the offense step up. Not so sure..

And Wilson won for Seattle because of defense. That was my point this offseason. Game manager. Anybody can see it.

Stafford not turning it over with some good defense is a win. Stafford can be more than a game manager. He has carried this team before. And I'd say most of the drives that fail this year aren't Staffords fault. Some are, but I put alot on the Oline with not just sacks but penalties.

I'll wait for Calvin and then judge the offense when he comes back.

Last edited:
And Wilson won for Seattle because of defense. That was my point this offseason. Game manager. Anybody can see it.

Stafford not turning it over with some good defense is a win. Stafford can be more than a game manager. He has carried this team before. And I'd say most of the drives that fail this year aren't Staffords fault. Some are, but I put alot on the Oline with not just sacks but penalties.

I'll wait for Calvin and then judge the offense when he comes back.

Wasn't your whole off-season based on "the reason for Tate and Ebron" is we can withstand it if CJ goes down..it was like a record with you. Well he's down, and Matt still remains inconsistent as hell. Good job lkp..

Last edited:
Wasn't your whole off-season based on "the reason for Tate and Ebron" is we can withstand it if CJ goes down..it was like a record with you. Well he's done, and Matt still remains inconsistent as hell. Good job lkp..

We went 2-1 so far. Tate had some big games. 3-0 if we had a kicker. So I was right.

And I also knew the potential for this defense. Right again so far.

Long way to go still.

Last edited:
We went 2-1 so far. Tate had some big games. 3-0 if we had a kicker. So I was right.

And I also knew the potential for this defense. Right again so far.

Long way to go still.

I thought this thread was about Matt? OH yeah it is..you're such a phony. Wrong on all accounts..thanks lkp.

Oh and the ultimate doozy, "this offense will have no problem scoring 30 a game."

0 for 11 for ya.

Here is the problem LKP, pretty much if we dont have the best receiver in the game our offense goes to crap. We cant move the ball. We have brought in multiple weapons for Stafford and he is is just able to "manage the offense" and if the defense scores for us and doesnt give up more than 7 points we can win.

Stafford is a #1 pick, getting paid like a top 10 qb and isnt playing well enough to warrant the money. Yes Stafford can do more than just manage a game, problem is he has led to several losses based off his play, not just carried the team a few times

Matt is what he is..has a good arm that resulted in one great season and several mediocre seasons. The light bulb isn't suddenly going to turn on..

Matt is what he is..has a good arm that resulted in one great season and several mediocre seasons. The light bulb isn't suddenly going to turn on..

He's still really, really young. I haven't given up hope on him yet.

-Signed,

DeAndre Levy, Drew Brees, Steve Young, John Elway.....

Steve Young, really? Once he started for season the dude was all world. Brees was much better early than Matt has been. Maybe you should check out year 4 through 6. Levy is a LB. I'll give you Elway and if Matt gets too the hall I'll apologize..

Try again..

Back