Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Super Bowl Thread

thatd be a complete 180 from the last time he was a FA. he brought up how he had proven himself and wanted to be paid and kept publically bringing up how he was being treated unfairly like avril had been.

We shall see. Hopefully he doesn't get a big head from playing in all 16 games. It's not like he was any good in those games save a few flashy plays. Most the time I saw him bouncing off guys that got past our LB's and blowing coverages.

Last edited:
We shall see. Hopefully he doesn't get a big head from playing in all 16 games. It's not like he was any good in those games save a few flashy plays. Most the time I saw him bouncing off guys that got past our LB's and blowing coverages.

hmmmm I always labled him "step late" delmas....but your post is starting to make me think I need to come up with something referring to how he bounces off guys lol. Louis "Pogo" delmas?

hmmmm I always labled him "step late" delmas....but your post is starting to make me think I need to come up with something referring to how he bounces off guys lol. Louis "Pogo" delmas?

Step Late was pretty good and accurate.... Pogo is also pretty good... The other thing I CANNOT STAND about Delmas is that he ALWAYS goes to hit the receiver, and I know that isn't always a bad thing, but even when the ball isn't even close to the receiver and he clearly could have a chance at an INT, there he goes flying into the receiver when the ball flies right by the spot where he just was.

Step Late was pretty good and accurate.... Pogo is also pretty good... The other thing I CANNOT STAND about Delmas is that he ALWAYS goes to hit the receiver, and I know that isn't always a bad thing, but even when the ball isn't even close to the receiver and he clearly could have a chance at an INT, there he goes flying into the receiver when the ball flies right by the spot where he just was.

He's not a step late if he's in good position for an int or to hit the receiver. Your beefs with him are not logical.

Those hometown discounts..most come from players who know no one else wants to sign them. I don't want Delmas regardless what we can sign him for..he's mentally wrong.

Teryl Austin called Delmas a difference maker in his press conference.

On what he has learned about his personnel since arriving in Detroit: "Well, I think we have some good personnel on defense. I think, obviously, you have some difference-makers in certain positions and then there are some other positions where we want to try to shore up, you know, to try to make them stronger. Maybe we can do that with what we're doing scheme-wise or something of that nature. But I think personnel-wise, like all teams, we have good personnel, but there are some areas where we probably need some improvement in. When you look at it you have some difference-makers up front, obviously, in Ndamukong (Suh). Nick Fairley, when he's on top of his game, boy, he's really good. I mean really good. (DeAndre) Levy is outstanding I think as a linebacker. As you're moving back, (Stephen) Tulloch had a heck of a year. I know Louis Delmas - watching him play, he can be a difference-maker. So, I think the thing we have is we have some difference-makers at each level and we have to try to strengthen those up and if we can, add a few more difference-makers and try to strengthen the defense that way."

Last edited:
Delams could injure his teammates and weaken the defense.

I'd say that's a difference-maker

"Can be" not has been. All in the terminology.

Based on his play. He's a good player. All the hate because he hurt Bentley and went for a big hit against the Ravens. Boo hoo. Expand your memories past 2 games to 5 years.

Delmas could have a shitty knee and ride a bike for most the season....oh wait...

Back