Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Super Bowl Thread

And we'll just throw out that Quin allowed 0 TDs against him this year. 30.7 QB rating against him. No big deal.

And we'll just throw out that Quin allowed 0 TDs against him this year. 30.7 QB rating against him. No big deal.

that's exactly why grades for zone safties is bullshit. I distinctly remember him being late over the top. and getting tricked out of his jock and falling down instead of talking a guy that went for a touchdown. that's a TD that's on him.....on a pass play....where he was in coverage. I think you should go chart all his plays and then get back to me.

Last edited:
that's exactly why grades for zone safties is bullshit. I distinctly remember him being late over the top. and getting tricked out of his jock and falling down instead of talking a guy that went for a touchdown. that's a TD that's on him.....on a pass play....where he was in coverage. I think you should go chart all his plays and then get back to me.

Your memory is shit. He was hardly ever late. One or two may stick out in your mind but overall he wasn't. And that Brown TD was Houston's fault but Quin did miss the tackle.

Overall 10th best in the league from an unbiased source that watched and tracked every play. You have your terrible memory.

Quin is a good safety.

According to LKP the Lions have the best front 4 in the NFL, great LBs and a good secondary including 2 good safeties and talent at CB. But, they Lions are towards the bottom of the league vs. the pass. Something is off here.

According to LKP the Lions have the best front 4 in the NFL, great LBs and a good secondary including 2 good safeties and talent at CB. But, they Lions are towards the bottom of the league vs. the pass. Something is off here.

They aren't towards the bottom of the league in most categories. Best in league 3rd down % stop rate. When they got beat, they got beat for some long ones but there were various factors in there plus some injuries (Jones and Underwood TDs against hurt Houston for instance, Steelers 97 yard drive(missing Bentely and Quin), Jernigan and Patterson TD(beating Bentley as outside CB and Greenwood).

Your memory is shit. He was hardly ever late. One or two may stick out in your mind but overall he wasn't. And that Brown TD was Houston's fault but Quin did miss the tackle.

Overall 10th best in the league from an unbiased source that watched and tracked every play. You have your terrible memory.

Quin is a good safety.

so when your deep half of the field gets a pass completed...then you miss the tackle....and the guy scores....its not charged against the safety? thank you for proving why safety coverage statistics are bs.

so when your deep half of the field gets a pass completed...then you miss the tackle....and the guy scores....its not charged against the safety? thank you for proving why safety coverage statistics are bs.

That wasn't a deep half. That was a curl route and Houston had a big cushion. Houston missed the tackle, then Quin missed but was in the right spot. The coverage is on Houston. It's clearly Houston's fault.

And your assessment that Quin was usually late is just bad. He was rarely late. You have no concept of the routes Quin has to cover either.

MR. HOMER aka LKP vs. MR. Negative aka MHughes in an elimination chamber match

but aren't they going to lose one of their safeties because of cap troubles?

Not necessarily. Depends if they want 6 million in space(cut Delmas) and sign a Bethea or Chris Clemons (or use draft pick) or trust Delmas knees and give Delmas an extension (still can get 4 million in space with an extension).

Quin is here to stay and that's a good thing.

Not necessarily. Depends if they want 6 million in space(cut Delmas) and sign a Bethea or Chris Clemons (or use draft pick) or trust Delmas knees and give Delmas an extension (still can get 4 million in space with an extension).

I think I would cut ties with Delmas.

Not trying to say Quinn isn't good....I think he had a down year cause he was used wrong and Gunther had this dumb interchangeable safety system that didn't matter what side you lined up on. He was used wrong and his performance suffered cause he wasn't used to the best of his ability. Delmas needs to go unless he can practice more than once a week.

Not trying to say Quinn isn't good....I think he had a down year cause he was used wrong and Gunther had this dumb interchangeable safety system that didn't matter what side you lined up on. He was used wrong and his performance suffered cause he wasn't used to the best of his ability. Delmas needs to go unless he can practice more than once a week.

Quin's play did not suffer. As was proven, he did well over all the plays. Not perfect but good.

Delmas, I like him but he has some bad angles that are more costly. His coverage is solid though but the bad angles stick out more. Plus his knee issues will never go away. I'll take the 6 million and sign Bethea or Clemons. They could cut Delmas though, let him test the market (get nothing again like last year other than San Fran sniffing around) and sign him short term cheap again too. Depends on the new system and what Austin thinks.

I'm more worried about Delmas injuring his own teammates.

Delmas has already publicly come out and said he will take a hometown discount to stay here. Says he is more focused on staying on the field and winning more so than money..... Then again that was BEFORE last season when he played the entire season though...

Delmas has already publicly come out and said he will take a hometown discount to stay here. Says he is more focused on staying on the field and winning more so than money..... Then again that was BEFORE last season when he played the entire season though...

thatd be a complete 180 from the last time he was a FA. he brought up how he had proven himself and wanted to be paid and kept publically bringing up how he was being treated unfairly like avril had been.

Back