Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Super Bowl Thread

Seattle is one of the healthiest teams in the NFL. Browner suspended and Rice hurt for that game. That was it.

Broncos missing Chris Harris, 1st/2nd string center, Ryan Clady and Von Miller. May have changed the game a bit. The backup Clark did well this year and Franklin got beaten by Avril in 2011 as well.

I guess you forget that they missed their best WR for about 99% of the season.

I guess you forget that they missed their best WR for about 99% of the season.

Talking Super Bowl compared to Denver. But their offense wasn't that great. Defense was super healthy. And they win with defense and 39 turnovers forced to make life super easy for a mediocre Russel Wilson.

Talking Super Bowl compared to Denver. But their offense wasn't that great. Defense was super healthy. And they win with defense and 39 turnovers forced to make life super easy for a mediocre Russel Wilson.

right...you win with a great defense....See SF and Seattle. That is what is wrong with the Lions. They have a mediocre defense and a slightly above average QB all while having no flexibility due to paying three players more than any other team in the NFL's top 3. Oh....I almost forgot....all while drafting like shit!

This off season Seattle and SF will widen the gap between them and the Lions.

right...you win with a great defense....See SF and Seattle. That is what is wrong with the Lions. They have a mediocre defense and a slightly above average QB all while having no flexibility due to paying three players more than any other team in the NFL's top 3. Oh....I almost forgot....all while drafting like shit!

This off season Seattle and SF will widen the gap between them and the Lions.

Lions beat Seattle in 2012. No gap at all.

Lions beat Seattle in 2012. No gap at all.

That was 2012. This is now. We already discussed this in a previous thread, but I don't know how you can honestly say there's no gap between the Lions and Seahawks currently. It's complete and utter denial!

That was 2012. This is now. We already discussed this in a previous thread, but I don't know how you can honestly say there's no gap between the Lions and Seahawks currently. It's complete and utter denial!

Lions won't turnover the ball with Caldwell and Lombardi. The gap is closed. Lions move the ball better on longer fields, score more when relying on just offense and can make stops (great 3rd % best in league).

Lions won't turnover the ball with Caldwell and Lombardi. The gap is closed. Lions move the ball better on longer fields, score more when relying on just offense and can make stops (great 3rd % best in league).

You're delusional. Arguably one of the best offenses ever (stat-wise) just scored 8 points against the Seahawks and you think we'll be able to consistently move the ball down the field without turning it over. And with a healthy Percy Harvin, a good O-line, Marshawn Lynch, they'd be in good shape with an average QB. But I think Wilson is already slightly above average and will only get better. He made plays when he needed to and didn't turn the ball over. There's still a large gap.

LKP has this hanging in every room in his house. I think an admin should put it under his avatar as well.

delusional1.jpg

Last edited:
You're delusional. Arguably one of the best offenses ever (stat-wise) just scored 8 points against the Seahawks and you think we'll be able to consistently move the ball down the field without turning it over. And with a healthy Percy Harvin, a good O-line, Marshawn Lynch, they'd be in good shape with an average QB. But I think Wilson is already slightly above average and will only get better. He made plays when he needed to and didn't turn the ball over. There's still a large gap.

Lions move the ball better than the Seahawks. Lions won't turn it over as much with better coaching. Lions can rely on their O way more than Seattle. Defenses both get stops. Seattle is better at forcing turnovers that is it and even so I think Detroit's Dline could wreak havoc on Seattle's Oline.

They don't even play next year though until maybe playoffs.

Lions move the ball better than the Seahawks. Lions won't turn it over as much with better coaching. Lions can rely on their O way more than Seattle. Defenses both get stops. Seattle is better at forcing turnovers that is it and even so I think Detroit's Dline could wreak havoc on Seattle's Oline.

Both defenses don't make stops....Seattle makes stops. Detroit has a very avearge defense. I think it is safe to say one of those two teams will play in the playoffs next year. I would put my $$$ on Seattle.

Last edited:

I hope the Lions are great at moving the ball next year, but more importantly I hope they're great at scoring TDs because moving the ball means nothing if you don't score TDs. I also think the Lions will decrease their turnovers on offense a little, but it remains to be seen how much.

The Seahawks can pound the ball with Marshawn Lynch and then use play-action effectively, while the Lions have not been able to do that in forever! Add in Percy Harvin and a smart QB with an above average arm and I don't think Seattle's offense is much worse than Detroit, if you want to say Seattle is worse. Also, I'd be surprised if they don't add a WR in free agency or the draft to further improve their offense.

Lastly, the comparison on defense is where you're most delusional. Their secondary is the best in the NFL, while ours is a big weakness. Linebacking corps are about the same. And despite us having Suh and Fairley, their D-line this year was better than ours. They had a complete D-line with above-average players at DT and DE, while we had Suh, an inconsistent Fairley, and a promising but often injured Ansah. In other words, the defenses aren't even close.

Lynch 4.2 YPc. Bush 4.5 YPC and a better receiver. Plus Joique Bell with another 500 and 500.

If Seattle didn't get 39 turnovers, their offense would suck.

Seattle had a slightly better Dline but not more talented. Young did just as well as Avril this season. Ansah can get to a Clemons level. Clemons is 32 by the way, Bennett is a free agent, they backloaded Avril (9 million now) and Seattle is over the cap as well.

Lynch 4.2 YPc. Bush 4.5 YPC and a better receiver. Plus Joique Bell with another 500 and 500.

Seattle had a slightly better Dline but not more talented. Young did just as well as Avril this season. Ansah can get to a Clemons level. Clemons is 32 by the way, Bennett is a free agent, they backloaded Avril (9 million now) and Seattle is over the cap as well.

Seattle averaged 8.4 yards per passing attempt, Detroit 7.3
Seattle avearged 4.3 yards per rush, Detroit 4.0

Seattle was the more efficient offense.

Last edited:

If they didn't get 39 turnovers, then their offense would be more aggressive. With a healthy Harvin and adding a WR in the offseason, they could be a good offense. But they didn't need to be aggressive with their defense forcing so many turnovers. It's a cause-effect type of deal.

I don't care who is more talented, I care about results. And Seattle had lots of depth on their D-line in addition to the players you listed. Could you provide a link showing Seattle is over the cap? And you conveniently don't talk about how much worse our secondary is.

If they didn't get 39 turnovers, then their offense would be more aggressive. With a healthy Harvin and adding a WR in the offseason, they could be a good offense. But they didn't need to be aggressive with their defense forcing so many turnovers. It's a cause-effect type of deal.

I don't care who is more talented, I care about results. And Seattle had lots of depth on their D-line in addition to the players you listed. Could you provide a link showing Seattle is over the cap? And you conveniently don't talk about how much worse our secondary is.

LKP >

And you conveniently don't talk about how much worse our secondary is.
It is not even close...

Quin and Delmas are just as good. Dline just as good. LBs just as good. CB is where they win with late round picks and where they win the turnover battle 28 picks. Houston in 2010-2012 form is good and Slay needs time. Plus we might add a 1st round stud CB

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap-hit/2014/

Delmas and Quin aren't good. You are high. After the NFC championship game you called both Seattle and SF over rated. You went on to say that the Lion's front 7 are better than the 49ers. Now you are saying with a little tweak the Lions defense is going to be as good as Seattle's?

Quin and Delmas are just as good. Dline just as good. LBs just as good. CB is where they win with late round picks and where they win the turnover battle 28 picks. Houston in 2010-2012 form is good and Slay needs time. Plus we might add a 1st round stud CB

There's no way that Quin and Delmas are as good as Chancellor and Thomas. Just yesterday you said we should cut Delmas.
They have 6 million reasons to cut him. Unless they are willing to risk extending him to lower his cap number, they won't keep him on that cap number and I doubt he takes a pay cut.

In 2014 our D-line might be as good as Seattle's, but it wasn't in 2013 thanks to whatever factors you want to blame it on. In terms of CB, even if Houston returns to his form in 2010-2012 and Slay improves, we'd still worse than Seattle's secondary. And who's to say Seattle won't add a stud WR. It's just as possible as us adding a stud CB.

According to this the Seahawks will be over the cap by about $600K. The Lions will be over by $6.8M. Only a $6.2M difference. You would think that the team that just won the SB would be the team in bad shape!

Last edited:
Back