Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Super Bowl Thread

There have been other Super Bowls played in Detroit.

Yeah, forgot all about the Pontiac Silverdome, and SB XVI.

Still exists, yet mostly unused for nearly a decade and a half.

I don't own a manning jersey you tool.

By cheering for this fuckhead, you condone everything he did in college and got away with by bolting just in time to the Seahawks.

And cheating at college level means he is more likely to cheat at pro level. Who knows exactly how he is cheating, but money under the table is not the only way in which I can see him cheating at NFL level.

Just look at Avril who demanded far more than he got from Seattle. Why? Baldwin and others also for some reason wanted to go play there. Hmmm, can't understand why anyone would play for a known cheating coach unless they wanted that coach to cheat for them.

The TAINT is strong with this one. You cheer for him, then the taint is on you too. Enjoy the hollow victory knowing it came through cheating. I would rather the Lions go 0-16 for 100 straight years than win one Super Bowl with a cheater as coach which would always make me feel the taint of that win.

This world is sick for even having a singular person think it is ok for Seattle to have hired him let alone winning with him. Winning does not mean a damn thing when it is done by a cheat, and once a cheat, always a cheat.

I had no money on the game, no Broncos gear has ever been in my possession either other than the trading cards I collected back in 70s and 80s. I used to like Seattle, pulled for them back in the Zorn and Largent days more often than not, even wanted to win in previous Super Bowl loss, but the world just doesn't have enough Karmkc justice to even remotely exp,ain how or why Ben won that game and Ol'Pete won this one. There just will never be a justifiable reason for those results, just like that punk FSU QB winning a championship, just another sign how evil is cheered on for some unfathomable reason by people who believe that to be more important than anything else. It is a sick mindset that rewards such behavior.

So you're accusing Seattle of paying their players more than their contracts stipulate? Based on something that happened with an entirely different organization in an entirely different sport?

You're reaching man. I don't like Pete for his USC bullshit but I'm not going to go all conspiracy theorist. You act like Cliff Avril is this All-Pro talent that took less money to go to Seattle. Doug Baldwin was signed by the Seahawks as an undrafted free agent. You're way off on this one and you sound like a hating lunatic.

Last edited:
I don't own a manning jersey you tool.

By cheering for this fuckhead, you condone everything he did in college and got away with by bolting just in time to the Seahawks.

And cheating at college level means he is more likely to cheat at pro level. Who knows exactly how he is cheating, but money under the table is not the only way in which I can see him cheating at NFL level.

Just look at Avril who demanded far more than he got from Seattle. Why? Baldwin and others also for some reason wanted to go play there. Hmmm, can't understand why anyone would play for a known cheating coach unless they wanted that coach to cheat for them.

The TAINT is strong with this one. You cheer for him, then the taint is on you too. Enjoy the hollow victory knowing it came through cheating. I would rather the Lions go 0-16 for 100 straight years than win one Super Bowl with a cheater as coach which would always make me feel the taint of that win.

This world is sick for even having a singular person think it is ok for Seattle to have hired him let alone winning with him. Winning does not mean a damn thing when it is done by a cheat, and once a cheat, always a cheat.

I had no money on the game, no Broncos gear has ever been in my possession either other than the trading cards I collected back in 70s and 80s. I used to like Seattle, pulled for them back in the Zorn and Largent days more often than not, even wanted to win in previous Super Bowl loss, but the world just doesn't have enough Karmkc justice to even remotely exp,ain how or why Ben won that game and Ol'Pete won this one. There just will never be a justifiable reason for those results, just like that punk FSU QB winning a championship, just another sign how evil is cheered on for some unfathomable reason by people who believe that to be more important than anything else. It is a sick mindset that rewards such behavior.

So much wow here.... Delusional is an understatement...

Where's the proof that Carroll cheated in the NFL?

Don't have to have proof he cheated in NFL, the taint is there whether he somehow managed to change his ways or not. Why? Because he cheated at USC which his performance there led directly to him becoming an NFL coach again. If he played fair at USC and was stuck in mediocrity he would not be on the NFL again after not being successful enough his first time around to remain at NFL level. If you cheated to get to where you are, then you are a fraud and should be treated as such.

Furthermore, proof is not required to show he has cheated at NFL level for taint to be all over him which was forever placed upon him after USV and his inability to show any remorse for what happened. He is a scam artist, not some hero to be worshipped. He is a slime ball who does not deserve an ounce of respect and will never have any from me.

Only fools are jobbing on him today. What's that old saying, fool me once...well thankfully I cannot say I was even all that fooled by what he did at USC, he always came across as dirty even then, and has not done anything to change that impression. Why anyone woukd give that person even a tip of the hat in acknowledging him as being a great coach escapes me.

one trick pony...all he does is sack people, cause fumbles and interceptions. dude sucks.

Are you saying it was correct to franchise him finally?

But he picks on certain Right Tackles(can't handle speed). Orlando Franklin. Avril had a monster game against him in 2011 as a Lion.

Clemons is old, Avril jumps to 9 million cap number today and Bennett is a free agent. Legion of Done.

Are you saying it was correct to franchise him finally?

But he picks on certain Right Tackles(can't handle speed). Orlando Franklin. Avril had a monster game against him in 2011 as a Lion.

Clemons is old, Avril jumps to 9 million cap number today and Bennett is a free agent. Legion of Done.

I can't see that team being held together for too much longer. I think Sherm and Wilson are somewhere near the end of their rookie deals, not to mention anyone else looking for a payday coming off a super bowl win. But shit, they may take less to stay if their supposed partyboy atmosphere description is accurate.

Manning had this to say after the Broncos blowout loss to the Seahawks:

"It's not embarrassing at all, I would never use that word,'' Manning said after the game. "The word 'embarrassing' is an insulting word, to tell you the truth."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...s-embarrassing-insulting-word?addata=module-b

Yeah Peyton, you're probably correct, b/c humiliating would be a better description of what happened to your team last night.

Embarrassing would mean that you lost to an inferior team.

Last edited:
Manning had this to say after the Broncos blowout loss to the Seahawks:

"It's not embarrassing at all, I would never use that word,'' Manning said after the game. "The word 'embarrassing' is an insulting word, to tell you the truth."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...s-embarrassing-insulting-word?addata=module-b

Yeah Peyton, you're probably correct, b/c humiliating would be a better description of what happened to your team last night.

Embarrassing would mean that you lost to an inferior team.

lol while I don't put the loss entirely on him, that was as embarrassing as it gets. They were the number 1 offense that put up plenty of records this season and could only manage 8 points. I was just hoping to see a competitive game. What a letdown.

Funny thing is, if you were only looking at next year Manning would still be the second or third QB taken.

Don't have to have proof he cheated in NFL, the taint is there whether he somehow managed to change his ways or not. Why? Because he cheated at USC which his performance there led directly to him becoming an NFL coach again. If he played fair at USC and was stuck in mediocrity he would not be on the NFL again after not being successful enough his first time around to remain at NFL level. If you cheated to get to where you are, then you are a fraud and should be treated as such.

Furthermore, proof is not required to show he has cheated at NFL level for taint to be all over him which was forever placed upon him after USV and his inability to show any remorse for what happened. He is a scam artist, not some hero to be worshipped. He is a slime ball who does not deserve an ounce of respect and will never have any from me.

Only fools are jobbing on him today. What's that old saying, fool me once...well thankfully I cannot say I was even all that fooled by what he did at USC, he always came across as dirty even then, and has not done anything to change that impression. Why anyone woukd give that person even a tip of the hat in acknowledging him as being a great coach escapes me.

I agree Carroll is a little below what I like to root for but how is it any different then that Phony John Elway rigging the draft so he can play in Denver and not on a terrible team.. Is it cheating. Maybe to get what you want... Your so na?ve to think NFL organization will not do anything to try and win.. (Well maybe not the Lions)... I was rooting for the city that had never won a championship and not Denver.. I can't stand Elway.... But then again I do not like Carroll either.
as for New England... They almost won two super bowls after the spy gate... They only needed a catch in either one to be 5-0.... Also.. mark it down .. NE will be in the super bowl for the AFC next year... You act like none of the players from Seattle worked their asses off to win this game. Go ahead and hate Carroll.... The players freaking crushed the hapless Broncos yesterday.

Last edited:
I agree Carroll is a little below what I like to root for but how is it any different then that Phony John Elway rigging the draft so he can play in Denver and not on a terrible team.. Is it cheating. Maybe to get what you want... Your so na?ve to think NFL organization will not do anything to try and win.. (Well maybe not the Lions)... I was rooting for the city that had never won a championship and not Denver.. I can't stand Elway.... But then again I do not like Carroll either.
as for New England... They almost won two super bowls after the spy gate... They only needed a catch in either one to be 5-0.... Also.. mark it down .. NE will be in the super bowl for the AFC next year... You act like none of the players from Seattle worked their asses off to win this game. Go ahead and hate Carroll.... The players freaking crushed the hapless Broncos yesterday.

Aren't the Seahawks the team that is #1 in PED violations?

When did cheating in any form become acceptable? Goodell should never have allowed him back into the league after USC. If Pete doesn't cheat at USC, does he get hired by Seattle in the first place?????

None of what Seattle has achieved should be considered "successful" by any stretch. Yes, they won the Super Bowl, but it is dripping in slime to such an incredible degree it should be looked at with pity, not envy.

Seattle is one of the healthiest teams in the NFL. Browner suspended and Rice hurt for that game. That was it.

Broncos missing Chris Harris, 1st/2nd string center, Ryan Clady and Von Miller. May have changed the game a bit. The backup Clark did well this year and Franklin got beaten by Avril in 2011 as well.

Last edited:
Aren't the Seahawks the team that is #1 in PED violations?

When did cheating in any form become acceptable? Goodell should never have allowed him back into the league after USC. If Pete doesn't cheat at USC, does he get hired by Seattle in the first place?????

None of what Seattle has achieved should be considered "successful" by any stretch. Yes, they won the Super Bowl, but it is dripping in slime to such an incredible degree it should be looked at with pity, not envy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be careful who you blame for PED violations... The other team in the SB was right behind the terrible Seahawks.. No wonder these two teams meet in the SB....LOL

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/100145/seahawks-lead-in-ped-bans-under-carroll

Last edited:
2010-13 NFL violations.....LMAO

Seattle with 5 violations.
Denver with 4 violations.
Lions with 0 violations...

leading the NFL to a ped future....LOL.

Now what do you have to say Z....

Last edited:
I'm glad the lions had zero violations. I will continue to pull for them to win as I always have. If they had Pete as the coach I would have immediately jumped ship.

As for Denver's PEDs, I admit to being surprised that they were right behind Seattle. Sad that teams and players are still juicing. I have no issue with immediate suspension until any / all appeals have been lost and lifetime ban if proven guilty. Same should have applied to Pete. He was guilty, lifetime ban should havr been enforced.

Don't give me crap about hiw he was in NcAA not NFL, we all know how interconnected the two are and if a player or coach is banned in one they should be banned in the other too, period. The fact guys can go on to have a pro career after NCAA cheating conviction is disgusting. And yes, I always felt that way about Bush too, but place less blame on him as he was not in the position of power. If Pete had morals and Bush was demanding those things, Pete should have reported Bush to the NCAA to be investigated.

Don't give me crap about hiw he was in NcAA not NFL, we all know how interconnected the two are and if a player or coach is banned in one they should be banned in the other too, period. The fact guys can go on to have a pro career after NCAA cheating conviction is disgusting. And yes, I always felt that way about Bush too, but place less blame on him as he was not in the position of power. If Pete had morals and Bush was demanding those things, Pete should have reported Bush to the NCAA to be investigated.

I really not sure I agree with you totally.... Bush and his agent are to blame more then Pete.. Sure Pete covered it up and ran but the NCAA blasted USC a lot harder then say Ohio St and Rat Tre$$el who apparently covered up stuff to save his players too so they can play. I personally don't think 4 or 5 ped's since 2010 is that many.. I thought it was a lot more then that... Sure I would like it to be zero like the Lions and we can be at least proud of that for this organization but maybe Pete is trying to be better now... Heck I don't know... I was surprised to see Denver # 2 but lets not kid ourselves most pro teams will do anything to win...

Last edited:
Back