Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The 2022 NFL Draft Thread

Now what?s going on with the whole pick that Stafford winning the Super Bowl caused to go from #20 to #32, or whatever, that caused that whole hullabaloo and brouhaha?

Imagine if it was Stafford that crossed a freeway and got hit by a dump truck! we'd be sitting pretty for next years draft!

Last edited:
Pick 46 and 97 who do you want.

Trade down for any of them?

Dean or Brisker if falls

Logan Hall, Chad Muma, Troy Anderson, Kerby Joseph wouldn't be bad at 46 either.

Willis/Corral get intriguing then though too at 46

97 Perrion Winfrey DL, Nick Cross S, Channing Tindall LB or a TE2

A lot will depend on who is there at 46, but would prefer to trade back and get a few picks to make up for the one they lost.

Some examples might be
46 to HOU for 68 & 80
46 to ATL for 74 & 82 (maybe something late too)
46 to NYG for 67 & 81

So Ice Cube was so loud at the NFL draft, announcing the Vegas Raiders pick, that he broke the microphone.

You can take da Raiduhs out da hood, but you can?t take da hood out da Raiduhs.

A lot will depend on who is there at 46, but would prefer to trade back and get a few picks to make up for the one they lost.

Some examples might be
46 to HOU for 68 & 80
46 to NYG for 67 & 81

I like those trades. We'll see if Holmes can work the board

Who would you want if we still had 34. Maybe we would have taken Cine at 32

Hutch, Cine, Dean and pick 66 could have happened too. But I like Hutch, Jameson and 46 still

Some examples might be
46 to HOU for 68 & 80
46 to NYG for 67 & 81

1st and 3rd would be dead even trades, middle you'd need something else to make it fair.
https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Hey, maybe Minnesota wants to trade again, they seem like a great trade partner, maybe they'll take their 46th pick back in exchange for the 66th, 77th and next year's 1st and 2nd round picks.

But I like Hutch, Jameson and 46 still

Same. I think people are overestimating Jameson's injury and underestimating his talent. I truly think he goes top 5 if he finishes the season healthy.

Just watch his games. He's got next level speed that almost looks effortless, especially after the catch. He has a second gear most don't have. His route running is elite. And to top it all off, my dude is 6'2". He's not some Tyreke Hill midget track star.

We're just dealing with projections and nobody knows for certain but we may have got 2 of the top 5 guys in the draft.

Same. I think people are overestimating Jameson's injury and underestimating his talent. I truly think he goes top 5 if he finishes the season healthy.

Just watch his games. He's got next level speed that almost looks effortless, especially after the catch. He has a second gear most don't have. His route running is elite. And to top it all off, my dude is 6'2". He's not some Tyreke Hill midget track star.

We're just dealing with projections and nobody knows for certain but we may have got 2 of the top 5 guys in the draft.

Word is he was running 4.4 forties a month ago already. If he hadn't have hurt his knee, he'd have been in the 4.2s at the combine. The Jets would have been tempted to take him at 4 if he hadn't had been hurt, Atlanta might have taken him at 8.

I love the trade and the pick.

Hutchinson is a safe pick at 2 too, just don't think his ceiling is as high as Walker's or Thibodeaux's.

Imagine if it was Stafford that crossed a freeway and got hit by a dump truck! we'd be sitting pretty for next years draft!

Nah.....the Rams would have sent their next 8 1st round picks to the Seahawks for Wilson.....we'd still be fucked.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rapoport-lions-made-offer-49ers-172024787.html

Rapoport: Lions made an offer to the 49ers for WR Deebo Samuel

Every time I read something like this I like Holmes more. He offered what he was willing to give and stuck to it. He didn't overpay. Just used some of those offered picks to move up and get a really good, young WR that will be on a rookie deal for 4 years.

I feel like the old regime would have caved and offered #2 and next years Rams pick because they were desperate.

Didn?t that unfortunate event happen after the Super Bowl? If Stafford and the Rams had already won the Super Bowl, I don?t see that it would have made a difference.

Didn?t that unfortunate event happen after the Super Bowl? If Stafford and the Rams had already won the Super Bowl, I don?t see that it would have made a difference.

He's talking about the '23 draft, where we hold the Rams 1st round pick that is still dependent on how the Rams finish next year. It would significantly worse without Matthew Stafford.

He's talking about the '23 draft, where we hold the Rams 1st round pick that is still dependent on how the Rams finish next year. It would significantly worse without Matthew Stafford.

Oh.

Thanks for the update.

I think I?ll not wish that amount of ill will on Stafford, nevertheless.

Last edited:
Every time I read something like this I like Holmes more. He offered what he was willing to give and stuck to it. He didn't overpay. Just used some of those offered picks to move up and get a really good, young WR that will be on a rookie deal for 4 years.

I feel like the old regime would have caved and offered #2 and next years Rams pick because they were desperate.

the story is confusing. It says the Lions made an offer but it also says that the 49ers didn't even listen to offers from the Lions and Jets. How were offers made if the 49ers didn't listen to them???

Hes special. Its not just his straight line speed. Its when he breaks down then re-accelerates. Dude is like 2 yards ahead of EVERYONE anytime he stops and goes. His acceleration is off the charts. The only person ive seen get that kind of separation in tight spaces is Davante Adams.

the story is confusing. It says the Lions made an offer but it also says that the 49ers didn't even listen to offers from the Lions and Jets. How were offers made if the 49ers didn't listen to them???

SF made a blanket statement that they werent interested in "listening" to any offers. Its GM talk to protect your image and show to the player that you are commited to him. Ofcourse they talked to the other GMs.

Holmes proved even with pick 32, he can work magic. However, it needs to be the Lions turn when this rebuild is done. Getting there piece by piece. Player development time from this coaching staff and add some more talent today.

Holmes proved even with pick 32, he can work magic. However, it needs to be the Lions turn when this rebuild is done. Getting there piece by piece. Player development time from this coaching staff and add some more talent today.

He didn't prove anything yet.

Back