Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

Some of you just make so sense. I understand we don't really need a TE, but Mayhew is always BPA. I'd rather take a TE who IMO, is a future Pro-Bowler then reach for a CB just because we need one.

Personally I thought the board was awful and was hoping to trade down. If we stayed pat I was good with Ebron who else should it have been?

If there are enough balls to get him to a pro-bowl then Pettigrew was a wasted sign.

We will lead the league in drops from the TE position. Just trying to stay positive.

You guys see Lewans Mom... Bigbob is probably working on one now

What confuses me is they took about 10 seconds (literally) to turn in their card. Tells me they've been drooling about him for a long time.

Ebron is a top notch talent. He fits what Lombardi wants in a TE.

Was Pettigrew a wasted pick? Sure as hell was. But I can also promise you if we hadn't drafted Ebron, half the people on this board would have been griping all season about Droptimus Prime.

If we hadn't resigned Pettigrew, half the people would be complaining that we got "locked in" to taking Ebron.

You play the hand you're dealt. Pettigrew was our best option in free agency, and Ebron was the best player on the board at 10.

Mayhew played the hand he was dealt, and I have no problem with this pick.

If there are enough balls to get him to a pro-bowl then Pettigrew was a wasted sign.

Ebron can't block. He will basically be a WR here. Gonna be used a lot like NE used Hernandez with Pettigrew playing the Gronk role (I know no comparison, but he will be the in line TE).

The one this hurts is Fauria looks like he will be going back to his role last year, red zone target and thats it.

Outside of Mack d Clowney I wasn't particularly interested in a defensive player at 10. Would've loved a trade down to grab Dix or Fuller, but 10 was to high.

Ebron is a top notch talent. He fits what Lombardi wants in a TE.

Was Pettigrew a wasted pick? Sure as hell was. But I can also promise you if we hadn't drafted Ebron, half the people on this board would have been griping all season about Droptimus Prime.

If we hadn't resigned Pettigrew, half the people would be complaining that we got "locked in" to taking Ebron.

You play the hand you're dealt. Pettigrew was our best option in free agency, and Ebron was the best player on the board at 10.

Mayhew played the hand he was dealt, and I have no problem with this pick.

I think he sucks but hey what do I know. I'd love you to sell me on him Ink.

Ink, a tight end is a LUXURY pick. It's not someone you burn on a 1st round, when you need help EVERYWHERE else, and just resigned your top TE to a huge deal. It's a joke.

Two TE set, red zone, Fauria and Ebron with Clavin.

Go ahead, try and stop it.

See.. lemonade?

Back