Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

My take on Ebron:

positive - Pettigrew sucks ass in the pass game

negative - our defense sucks ass in every game.

I'm not forgetting him. He sucks. Didn't want him back. Sorry they signed him, but you don't pass on a talent like Ebron just because you already screwed up.

We just upgraded the position. Thats what the draft is for. I don't care who they signed. You draft to get better, and we just did.

agree with this and ill add to it.....there was no "good" pick at 10 this year. The fact we turned a card in in 10 seconds without exploring trade down options means mayhew is a fucking idiot.

My take on Ebron:

positive - Pettigrew sucks ass in the pass game

negative - our defense sucks ass in every game.

I agree. I just don't think there was anyone there they had to have.

Get me a Van Noy or a Kareem Martin in the 2nd, and a McGill or a Jean-Baptiste in the 3rd, and I am already happy with this draft.

I have to say, I don't care how much I sound like LKP here. I like the pick.

I'll be happy if Droptimus never wears a Lions uniform again.

I like the idea. But, if he doesn't get rid of his drops, it's a wasted pick. If he improves his concentration, the passing game will be insane. Think it also makes slot WR a non important pick in this draft.

Been saying for weeks... right or wrong, the Lions like where they are defensively.

Our corners may be shit, but out coaches think they have the makings of a good secondary. Barr and Mack off the board. No DE at that spot they wanted.

We weren't going defense unless it was Donald, and I have said all along I am not sold on the guy.

Honest, I'm not sure I would have been hAppy with any pick at 10. Dix but I knew they weren't going to draft him.

PETTIGREW sucked as a blocker last season. Truth.

With Gilbert off the board and the pick in within 10 seconds had me thinking it was Dennard for sure. I wasn't even close. How do you not pick up Dennard or Dix?

agree with this and ill add to it.....there was no "good" pick at 10 this year. The fact we turned a card in in 10 seconds without exploring trade down options means mayhew is a fucking idiot.

I agree with you there thats what I wanted to. Maybe he always knew nobody would come calling or maybe they loved Ebron that much.

I'll guarantee you though that when Mayhew said there was probably 5 or 6 blue chip players in this draft Ebron was on of them and thats why they made the pick so fast.

I'm not forgetting him. He sucks. Didn't want him back. Sorry they signed him, but you don't pass on a talent like Ebron just because you already screwed up.

We just upgraded the position. Thats what the draft is for. I don't care who they signed. You draft to get better, and we just did.

I don't like the pick. however, I didn't put much thought into the fact that we have Lombardi now......and he will find a way to get Ebron the ball. But a TE at #10 better produce like a HOF'er.

I'll still cheer his TD's. A CJ, Tate, Ebron trio is pretty damn good.

Just checked. Nfln shows the pick was in with 9:39 on clock. So... it was turned in sometime before that.

What kind of speed does Ebron have? Does he have good hands or run good routes?

Back