Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

Really? Name me a team that needs an elite tight end that's won the superbowl. Seattle had who, Zack Miller? Baltimore had Dennis Pitta? New York Giants had... Jake Ballard maybe?? Are those guys truly ELITE? They are good. Oh, by the way, do those teams need TWO top-flight TEs?? NO. You need freaking defense. And this team CONTINUES to ignore the secondary.

With Gilbert off the board and the pick in within 10 seconds had me thinking it was Dennard for sure. I wasn't even close. How do you not pick up Dennard or Dix?

Same reason they are both still sitting there, the value wasn't there. Dennard isn't a future shut down corner and Dix isn't the next Ed Reed. Both should have very good careers, but they aren't studs, IMO.

We wanted Watkins, couldn't get him.

Wanted the size mismatch with Evans, didn't get him.

Ebron is the big guy with good speed. He was the third best receiving option in that spot in my book.

There were a few guys I'd have been happy with there. Lewan, Dennard, maybe even Donald. But Ebron was among them, and I like it.

He will get his catches.

Same reason they are both still sitting there, the value wasn't there. Dennard isn't a future shut down corner and Dix isn't the next Ed Reed. Both should have very good careers, but they aren't studs, IMO.

And the guy they took is? That's BS! The lions just keep ignoring their secondary problems and they'll keep getting torched year in and year out.

Dennard the 3rd CB taken??

He'll be the best CB in this class.....book it!!! (sorry SLick/LKP...stole that from ya)

We wanted Watkins, couldn't get him.

Wanted the size mismatch with Evans, didn't get him.

Ebron is the big guy with good speed. He was the third best receiving option in that spot in my book.

There were a few guys I'd have been happy with there. Lewan, Dennard, maybe even Donald. But Ebron was among them, and I like it.

He will get his catches.

Bad pick IMO

I mean if they need all these guys to help our QB why don't we just draft a QB? I mean how many guys does he need..

Back