Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

Can't trade down when you pick after 10 seconds..maybe he thought Barry was available.

Ink, a tight end is a LUXURY pick. It's not someone you burn on a 1st round, when you need help EVERYWHERE else, and just resigned your top TE to a huge deal. It's a joke.

Julius Thomas. Gronk. Jimmy Graham.

Dude, TE is not a LUXURY pick any more. The receiving game is opened up. You can't jam at the line. Offenses NEED that big TE.

Running Back is a luxury pick these days. Thats why they don't go in round 1 any more.

Tight End has become the critical component of many offenses, including the one our O-Coordinator just left.

Yeah, but does every team need TWO top TEs. This team NEEDS HELP in the secondary. It's a disgusting pick.

Ink, a tight end is a LUXURY pick. It's not someone you burn on a 1st round, when you need help EVERYWHERE else, and just resigned your top TE to a huge deal. It's a joke.

Really a luxury pick? You do realize how important the TE position has gotten the past few years and almost every top offense has a move TE like Ebron. I understand we didn't NEED a TE, but how can you say Ebron doesn't make this offense a lot better. Basically kills our need at WR because we won't be going three wide as often. We could still use depth, but doubt we go WR in the 2nd now unless someone really good is sitting there.

Also how do we need help everywhere we actually have a pretty good roster, without any MAJOR holes.

Dude, TE is not a LUXURY pick any more. The receiving game is opened up. You can't jam at the line. Offenses NEED that big TE.

Running Back is a luxury pick these days. Thats why they don't go in round 1 any more.

Tight End has become the critical component of many offenses, including the one our O-Coordinator just left.

4th 2nd 3rd

you forgetting Pettigrew who they just resigned to a 5 mil per contract

I'm not forgetting him. He sucks. Didn't want him back. Sorry they signed him, but you don't pass on a talent like Ebron just because you already screwed up.

We just upgraded the position. Thats what the draft is for. I don't care who they signed. You draft to get better, and we just did.

I think it was more our defense was worst than the offense. In any event, Ebron won't make $taff. become better. Only $taff can do that.

I have to say, I don't care how much I sound like LKP here. I like the pick.

I'll be happy if Droptimus never wears a Lions uniform again.

I can't hate the pick. Its not a need but makes two positions better because he can play as a slot and a TE. He improves the team. When we got to our pick he was the best on the board and I think Mayhew wanted to go offense the whole time. He put in work with Watkins but couldn't get up there but this kid was the second best offensive weapon in the draft. He has 1 question mark being, How good are his hands? Sometimes they are great and other times they are suspect. Hopefully, he impresses us all. Most of us saw this as a real possibilty and there were mixed feelings on it. I agree with what INK said in a different thread that the defense just doesn't have holes that we can fill in this draft. We need depth but you don't get that in the first. You get playmakers. They did that so lets just see what happens.

I have to say, I don't care how much I sound like LKP here. I like the pick.

I'll be happy if Droptimus never wears a Lions uniform again.

Dont worry little buddy... we all post stupid shit some times

I think it was more our defense was worst than the offense. In any event, Ebron won't make $taff. become better. Only $taff can do that.

Been saying for weeks... right or wrong, the Lions like where they are defensively.

Our corners may be shit, but out coaches think they have the makings of a good secondary. Barr and Mack off the board. No DE at that spot they wanted.

We weren't going defense unless it was Donald, and I have said all along I am not sold on the guy.

Back