Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official New ][V][ichigan Head Coach Search Thread

It would make him a god if he were able to come back here and build a winning program. I do believe that is part of it. The money is great but I really dont think the money is that big of deal because he will make millions no matter what he does.

I still believe his coaching style is better for college because he is so obnoxious pro players who have to deal with him for 5+ years will get sick of him where as in college players stay around 4 years and then are gone. Also with all the issues he has had with the GM in SF at Michigan he is the guy he is in charge of everything. If Hackett ends up the AD he works for Harbaugh more than the other way around.

Mike Garafolo ✔ @MikeGarafolo
Follow
Harbaugh had previously indicated he wouldn't give the Michigan gig serious consideration but a source said that's changed very recently

Mike Garafolo ✔ @MikeGarafolo
Follow
Harbaugh had previously indicated he wouldn't give the Michigan gig serious consideration but a source said that's changed very recently

$49 million has a way of changing a man's perspective.

Yeah. Rumors are it is becoming more realistic
Still hope it is worth the $$ we are paying

I figure if he comes he leaves after three years but hopefully we are in better place

I think if he stays in the NFL he will want GM player control. The thing that worries me is he and his agent could have made the offer public just to get the right NFL offer and all this is set up to screw us. I dont want to think he would do that to U of M but anything is possible.

Yeah. Rumors are it is becoming more realistic
Still hope it is worth the $$ we are paying

I figure if he comes he leaves after three years but hopefully we are in better place

I dont worry about the money aspect because I think its all booster money. Hackett makes a few calls and says look I need 50 mil for Harbaugh and you guys have to make it happen and poof its there within a few hours.

Regardless of him getting the job, this team is years away from relevance. Fans will need more patience than ever.

I disagree a bit with that. Maybe some other coaches will take longer, but I think JH can have them up and running in a couple of years.

Didn't Auburn go from 3-9 to the BCS Championship game with a new coach?

Just sayin'! haha

(And still think John Harbaugh should be the target over Jim)

LMFAO there's a "Harbaugh looking at Ann Arbor houses" rumor thread on MGoBlog.

Maybe those harbaughs hunting houses are the same that toured Wines Elem a few weeks back. James & Emily I believe ...Sparty in the Utility/Energy sector

I dont worry about the money aspect because I think its all booster money. Hackett makes a few calls and says look I need 50 mil for Harbaugh and you guys have to make it happen and poof its there within a few hours.

This. It really is that easy.

I disagree a bit with that. Maybe some other coaches will take longer, but I think JH can have them up and running in a couple of years.

If Harbaugh comes, it is unlikely, but not unthinkable, that M will beat OSU in 2015. In 2016, M will be much improved but they will still not have what it takes to win in The Shoe. M will beat the Buckeyes in 2017 in AA.

If Harbaugh doesn't come, you guys are fucked.

That's okay. Some derelict buckeye on that 2016 team will trade his golden pants for some free ink and some crack cocaine and that entire season will eventually be vacated.

Last edited:
Theory on an NFL board is that this is Harbaugh's agent's way of making sure SF doesn't trade him for too much of a pick. If they think he'll go to Michigan if they trade a 1st round pick, maybe they'd trade for something less hoping to get something rather than nothing.

Back