Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official New ][V][ichigan Head Coach Search Thread

The stars seem to be falling into place. Miles will probably be the next coach. And that wont be so bad.

Not sure Miles is the answer anymore.... better then Hoke but still not sure about him...

I cant sign on to a coach with one big lifetime win neither. We need someone with a track record.

Last edited:
I just want a hard nose son of a bitch coach. Someone to be feared and respected. Surely that coach is out there.

but i also feel time to look in to the age 40 somethings - i have been saying this for a few weeks now -

need energy and toughness all bo's first year

Maybe Hoke was the right guy when he was hired. UM needed to "heal" more than it needed to "win." Winning a BCS Bowl was unexpected and maybe raised expectations for winning for a guy who just hadn't done a lot of it in his head coaching career.

UM has healed from the RR years. Time to win. And Hoke's not the guy.

I'm not going to criticize a hiring of Les Miles. He's better than anything UM has now. I'd love a younger HC too, like Mullens, Butch Jones, etc. but I'm not going to turn down or complain about Miles if it means keeping Hoke.

Miles would be a good choice as far as an HC, but his personal issues (i.e. adultery) would be an embarrassment to the program and look like Michigan was willing to take anyone as long as they won. I have heard some suggest Tressel (perhaps only jokingly), but it is really the same problem as with Miles. Can't bring that kind of dirt into the program without it looking like Michigan will take anyone as long as they win.

Miles would be a good choice as far as an HC, but his personal issues (i.e. adultery) would be an embarrassment to the program and look like Michigan was willing to take anyone as long as they won. I have heard some suggest Tressel (perhaps only jokingly), but it is really the same problem as with Miles. Can't bring that kind of dirt into the program without it looking like Michigan will take anyone as long as they win.

I disagree on Miles. His ties to the university, and to Bo would over shadow the negative press.

You know everyone has made mistakes in their life. This is part of the problem with finding a head coach.

Michigan should be willing to take the best possible candidate to win. As long as they operate within the rules of the NCAA, who cares what they do as long as they WIN. If UM wants a coach that will look the best for the university, say all the right things, and may win, stay with Hoke. He seems like a stand up guy, and wants the best for the university.

However if the past 6 or 7 years have taught us anything, winning cures just about everything. If UM rejects any coach because, he had a lapse in judgment and drove drunk, or slept with his secretary, or any other mishap, they will struggle to find that guy. I doubt Jesus, our lord and savior will coach UM. He has bigger fish to fry.

I am with bam in this whole,situation.

I bet some guys are interested and agents might be snooping around since coaches cannot openly express interest right now

I don't trust Brandon with the search though

I am with bam in this whole,situation.

I bet some guys are interested and agents might be snooping around since coaches cannot openly express interest right now

I don't trust Brandon with the search though

Does anyone honestly think Brandon will be the AD next year?

I think if Brandon makes it, Hoke has a chance to make it as well.

We can pretty much bank on UM losing their 5th and 6th games of the year at MSU and OSU.

So to be bowl eligible, they have to win the remaining games against PSU, N'Western, Indiana, and Maryland.

Could happen, but not likely. It's looking like UM misses a bowl game this year with only 4-5 wins.

Given that this is quite likely, is there any way in hell you bring back Hoke for the '15 season?!

11 wins to 8 wins to 7 wins to 4-5 wins to another season?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1LzXf1TKQ

Bamf, I gotta be honest man, I have no clue where those two wins are going to come from. They couldn't handle Gary Nova. Hackenberg is going to have a field day on Saturday going into Michigan Stadium, which may be half PSU fans.

Michigan State, no need for commentary.

Indiana is a decent team. Could be a track meet.

They won't win at Northwestern. NW is turning out to be a halfway decent squad.

Maryland at home, that's their best shot.

At Ohio State, nope.

I see one win, Maryland.

I have concerns about PSU next week too. The D can't be giving up big plays, especially on 3rd and long. Letting the ball carrier run right past them, running past the QB on the rush, wide open receivers making big gains after the catch. Cannot have that IF they are going to beat PSU or anyone else.

Back