Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official New ][V][ichigan Head Coach Search Thread

The secondary is absolute crap. Even though Hackenberg's numbers aren't great, he throws for a ton of yards. Almost 300 a game. And he is a super-talented kid, he just hasn't put it all together yet.

True, but they only scored 13 vs Rutgers, and 6 vs NW, 21 vs Akron, and squeaked by UCF with 26. So, they seem to have a similar problem to Michigan in terms of scoring TDs. I think Michigan has a chance to beat them.

Just looking at Miles' record since 2010. He pulled in 10 wins seasons from 2010-2013 in the toughest conference in the country. He would be an absolute upgrade. A bit on the older side at 60, but not too bad (John Beilein is 61, and he's doing alright). He probably needs a change of scenery from LSU, and they probably want a change from him. Of all the coaches out there, he seems to be the most logical.

Just looking at Miles' record since 2010. He pulled in 10 wins seasons from 2010-2013 in the toughest conference in the country. He would be an absolute upgrade. A bit on the older side at 60, but not too bad (John Beilein is 61, and he's doing alright). He probably needs a change of scenery from LSU, and they probably want a change from him. Of all the coaches out there, he seems to be the most logical.

Anything would be an upgrade...but Les Miles is an idiot. He wins because he gets great recruits to go to LSU. I doubt he can do the same at UM

Anyone who wins 10+ games in the SEC is a good coach. The guy is 124-47 overall. I don't buy that he's just lucking his way to that record.

Anything would be an upgrade...but Les Miles is an idiot. He wins because he gets great recruits to go to LSU. I doubt he can do the same at UM

Thats idiotic to say. Ron Zook got better recruits at Florida and look what he did. Charlie Weiss got just as good recruits at ND and look what he did. Lane Kiffen got way more 5* and look what he did. Look at our own Brady Hoke with mostly 4* recruits and see how thats turning out. Miles isnt lucky, he's a great coach. He may make unpopular decisions throughout the year but what coach doesnt? People need to stop with the nonsense about the reason for his coaching record.

He seems like a realistic option now with the way things are playing out at LSU. I don't think he's going to last this season. He is starting to wear out his welcome out there.

Last edited:
Lol that's funny. I would love to see Gruden coach this team, but he's got such a cushy job with ESPN, he's not going anywhere.

Last edited:
What exactly did Miles do? I know there was some adultery stuff, but was that founded in anything?

What exactly did Miles do? I know there was some adultery stuff, but was that founded in anything?

Well, the rumor is that he slept with Moeller's wife...

thing is, there were 2 factions in the Bo coaching tree, Lloyd and Les. When Mo quit/resigned/got fired, Bo was still around and spoke up and they chose Lloyd and Bo said something about not wanting the UM football program to go the way that Les Miles conducted business or something such.

Then at LSU , he oversigned once or twice and told 1 guy in August that there was no scholarship for him.

I guess these things make him a total scumbag...

Hmm... Is a rumor about adultery and him over signing kids (which happens everywhere, unfortunately) enough to call him a slime?

The entire recruiting process is insanely dirty. Brady Hoke might be 1 of 5 coaches in America that does it the right way. If that's the total story without getting the other side, and if he did let him go before school, then yeah that's shitty not going to argue that.

Overall, has he been a slime ball at LSU? Are there tons of noted violations about how he runs a dirty program? I haven't heard much.

Fucking a kid over and leaving him without a school to attend 2 days before classes start. Yeah, that's a scum bag.

And did everybody just forget his stint at Ok State? http://espn.go.com/college-football...-state-cowboys-players-got-paid-les-miles-era

Miles also spread rumors about Carr's health on the recruiting trail while at Okie State, did have the scandal at OKST above and does over-sign/cut by office Memo...

Recruiting is a dirty game but the specifics around Miles is a reason he hasn't been back to M.

And if you believe the urban legend, Miles was going to be the next coach at Michigan until someone close to Carr leaked to Herbie that Miles would be the next coach. Given the success and stage for LSU at that moment, it forced Miles to publicly turn down the job in Ann Arbor.

Or ...you can believe that Bill Martin was ignoring calls from Miles while out on a boat.

And there was also rumors about how Carr and the M Family ran Rich Rod out of town. He needed to be canned anyways, but apparently there was a ton of backhanded stuff to force him out.

Rich latest interview he alluded to non football stuff here

Last edited:
Hmm... Is a rumor about adultery and him over signing kids (which happens everywhere, unfortunately) enough to call him a slime?

I've said this a bunch of times on here. There's oversigning and then there's oversigning. Could I look the other way or makes excuses if we hired a coach that had oversigned while in the SEC? Yes. I get it. Even if you're against that sort of thing, you're going to get pushed to keep up with the Jones's. But Miles led the way. He wasn't a reluctant oversigner, he was an enthusiastic oversigner. And the case of Elliot Porter takes the cake. He had turned down offers from FSU, Nebraska, Stanford, and Texas Tech to enroll early, shown up for summer school, and finally move into the dorm room he thought he'd live in all year before he was told there was no room for him on the team. He is the poster child of what's wrong with oversigning. Les Miles doesn't just do what he has to do in the SEC, he pushes the envelope. And not just that, in the case of Porter, he's doing it stupidly. He's screwing over a player absolutely needlessly. He knew how many people he'd oversigned months earlier. There's no justifiable reason to wait until after move in day.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...d-guys-utilize-oversigning-and-it-has-to-stop
LSU football coach Les Miles is a bad guy -- literally, a subspecies of human being -- but make no mistake about this: I'm not calling him a cheater. Miles is a bad guy, but he's a bad guy with the official approval of the NCAA.

Last edited:
Back