Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2022 Off Season for FA signings, trades, tender, nontender, Rule 5, to 2023

The Tigers have signed switch-hitting catcher Andrew Knapp to a minor-league contract. He received an invitation to MLB spring training.

Knapp 31, has hit .209 with 13 home runs, 103 walks (11.8% BB) and 274 strikeouts (31.4% K) in 325 MLB games over six seasons.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/01/tigers-sign-andrew-knapp-catcher-minors.html
Tigers, Andrew Knapp Agree To Minor League Deal.
MLBTR

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...w-knapp-to-minor-league-contract/69773847007/
Detroit Tigers sign catcher Andrew Knapp to minor-league deal with spring training invite.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/tigers/2023/01/tigers-sign-veteran-catcher-to-minor-league-deal.html
Tigers sign veteran catcher to minor-league deal.
Mlive

Last edited:
Last edited:
OK let?s stir it up.. some moves for the Tigers to consider.
Idea #1 has layers deal EROD to STL for Tyler O?Neill, then use his money to sign Profar to a 3/37M deal and sign Chafin to a 2/16?

Idea #2 if you can?t do idea #1 let?s pursue DJ Lemahieu, instead the NYY should be eager to free up payroll and a 34 year old with foot issues is a place to consider. NYY is gonna have to eat some salary in this deal.

MGorosh

When Sparky took over as Tigers' manager in May of 1979, he stated on the record that the Tigers would win a World Series in five years. And in spring training, 1984, he was on the record for saying that they would win that season, as was I, to anyone who would listen.

Meanwhile, Harris: ?I think the simplest way I can say it is I want (fans) to believe we?re taking steps toward building a healthy organization,? Harris said. ?I want them to see progress on both an individual basis and a team basis, and I want to build the most competitive team we can right now without sacrificing the future health of the organization. I know that?s a little bit abstract, but that?s how I think about it.?

I know that the 79 Tigers were far superior to the 2022 Tigers, but this by Harris observation is rife with loopholes, and lacks an ultimate, definable objective of winning World Series.

We have been through hell with 7 or 8 years of Clown Shoes Buffoon known as
Al Avila, so I will give this guy 2 to 3 years to see what he is doing and how he cleans up the mess left we have suffered with. My hope is he is building from the ground floor up.

Tigers hire former Cubs hitting coach Anthony Iapoce as Triple-A Toledo manager, per multiple sources. The agreement has been in place since at least early December.
Maybe Harris signed a 3B back in November and just hasn't told us yet.
BYBTB

Back