Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers and MLB 2019-2020 Free Agents Rule 5 Offseason Calendar Winter Meetings

They don?t have any position players in the pipeline who are major league ready.

Nobody in their right mind realistically expects the Tigers will contend for the playoffs in 2020. Therefore, 'reality' suggests that the Tigers do not need any position player to be MLB ready right now.
Therefore, since it is true that the 2020 season is not going to be a winning season no matter how many MLB prospects they might or might not have right now ..then it is also true that there is nothing that some potential unnamed new owner could do to change that. The only thing any potential new owner would do is build upon what Chris Ilitch and Al Avila have already put into motion ..and that is tear down an aged over-paid roster in order to build a farm system loaded with talented prospects.

Reality, my friend!

Be that as it may, the Tigers absolutely do have a couple of prospects right at the doorsteps of being MLB ready. Most of the online prospect-rating sites believe both Paredes and Cameron are on track to become everyday regulars. No, not superstars ..but talented everyday regulars.
Many ratings sites also list Parker Meadows as possibly being MLB ready by 2021.
Admittedly, there is never any guarantee with the vast majority of prospects, but if those 3 are MLB ready by 2021/2022, ..what more do you expect?
Moreover, the Tigers could select either Torkelson or Martin in June's MLB draft. And since they are college players ..one or the other could be ready by 2021/2022 too ..as could highly-touted Tiger prospect Riley Greene.

Do you honestly think Al Avila needs an alias just to post on this forum?

If you honestly believe that ..then all I can do is laugh! :hehe:

Such nonsense tends to reduce your credibility ..IMHO.

Nonsense = Sarcasm. Try to read between the lines without being on the ready to insult or talk down to anyone.

You come off as having high regard of the Tigers minor league system and players. Good for you.

I think they are years and years away from building the minors up and contending.

Many of us have been here for 10 years. Just about everyone is credible.

I sure hope so! He?s currently the only reason I even bother watching the tigers at all

I probably won't watch many games this year. I will follow them daily and pay close attention to any players that might prove to be trade assets or players that can contribute in the future.

If they drafted smarter the past several drafts, they would. Round 1 is easy to draft a talented player, rounds 2 through 10/15 they don?t.

How many years of drafts do you consider "the past several drafts?"

What about the Tigers selecting Tarik Skubal in the 9th round of the 2018 draft?

How many years of drafts do you consider "the past several drafts?"

What about the Tigers selecting Tarik Skubal in the 9th round of the 2018 draft?

Cherry pick much? One player, a pitcher in the last several drafts, since Clown Shoes Avila became the GM.

Tigers need to take SS Austin Martin 1st this year, suck again in 2020, and take Rocker 1st in 2021.

Back