Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers aren't getting Choo, okay already?

Also with KC trading for Aoki today I believe that shows the team didn't feel like Beltran would sign with them. He has stated winning a World Series is his #1 goal so. I think the winter meetings is going to be very interesting. Glad I get to go this year :p

Also with KC trading for Aoki today I believe that shows the team didn't feel like Beltran would sign with them. He has stated winning a World Series is his #1 goal so. I think the winter meetings is going to be very interesting. Glad I get to go this year :p

FYI...due to a credible terrorist threat, the meetings have been moved to Anchorage.

FYI...due to a credible terrorist threat, the meetings have been moved to Anchorage.

LMAO you know even if that was the case I would still go. It's one of the few baseball events I have yet to be able to attend so.

Hmm seems the signings might be picking up a little steam now. Choo on his way to NY to meet with Yankee officials. I am starting to wonder now what exactly it would cost to make a move for Gardner?

Hmm seems the signings might be picking up a little steam now. Choo on his way to NY to meet with Yankee officials. I am starting to wonder now what exactly it would cost to make a move for Gardner?

dunno, but ill be pissed if the yanks sign choo.

about gardner, i dunno how much itd take. if they sign choo, they'll have like 5 outfielders, and he'd be the only tradeable one. we'd probably have to give them pitching.

Gardner would still be a letdown, albeit an improvement over Dirks.

We need someone with a little pop in their bat, not to mention Gardner is not much of a solution since he's a free agent after next season.

Gardner would still be a letdown, albeit an improvement over Dirks.

We need someone with a little pop in their bat, not to mention Gardner is not much of a solution since he's a free agent after next season.

if we cant get anyone else, he's better than dirks. the more time passes the more I dont think we'll sign choo. i dont think DD wants to give out that many years right now. I havent seen much of us being interested in him, but i think Beltran would be a better fit in terms of what kind of contract we might want to give out since he only wants 3 years vs 6 for choo.

i doubt we'll sign grandy. i have seen nothing at all about us being interested in him.

Gardener would make a nice Tiger. What would be the price? We don't have any spare pitching to give away thanks to DD.

if we cant get anyone else, he's better than dirks. the more time passes the more I dont think we'll sign choo. i dont think DD wants to give out that many years right now. I havent seen much of us being interested in him, but i think Beltran would be a better fit in terms of what kind of contract we might want to give out since he only wants 3 years vs 6 for choo.

i doubt we'll sign grandy. i have seen nothing at all about us being interested in him.

That not really an indicator though, nobody saw the Fielder signing coming, or the Cabrera one either. with DD the only trades you know aren't going to happen is when insiders insist they are.

As far as Gardner, he's better than Dirks but not enough IMO to give anything up to get him so he can be a free agent after the season. Personally, I'd hope we would pass on making a move to put non power producing bat in LF.

Steve Lombardozzi 30 SB 8 CS 86 Runs in 616 PAs

Alan Trammell 30 SB 10 CS 83 Runs in 581 PAs

Lou Whitaker 38 SB 11 CS 81 Runs in 461 PAs

Ramon Santiago 39 SB 12 CS 69 Runs in 446 PAs

Average?

or

Above Average?

They all had pretty much similar seasons. So by your definition, at one time at least, Ramon Santiago had above average speed.

I gave you 4 names that are from 2013. They all run fast and hit certain numbers 30/86

It's funny you can't answer a simple question without breaking out stats from a 19 year old Lou Whitaker, 25 year old Alan Trammell and a 19 year old Ramon Santiago.

All these players at these times had above average speed, in which I could care less about. Trammell was fast up until his injury in 1988 I think it was.

Get back to the original subject. Lombo has above average speed I proved it. You don't like it. So now you have to try and change and flip everything around with players from different time era's .

I have seen you do this time and time again with other posters who have proved their point, and you refuse to back off. My opinion on you is your very arrogant and stubborn.

Dave Dombrowski sees something in all three of the Fister traded players, and should get the benefit of the doubt. I am at least willing to give him that

I gave you 4 names that are from 2013. They all run fast and hit certain numbers 30/86

It's funny you can't answer a simple question without breaking out stats from a 19 year old Lou Whitaker, 25 year old Alan Trammell and a 19 year old Ramon Santiago.

All these players at these times had above average speed, in which I could care less about. Trammell was fast up until his injury in 1988 I think it was.

Get back to the original subject. Lombo has above average speed I proved it. You don't like it. So now you have to try and change and flip everything around with players from different time era's .

I have seen you do this time and time again with other posters who have proved their point, and you refuse to back off. My opinion on you is your very arrogant and stubborn.

Dave Dombrowski sees something in all three of the Fister traded players, and should get the benefit of the doubt. I am at least willing to give him that

I don't see where you proved your point. Maybe other posters can chime in and maybe offer insight.

Anyways...you took a 22-year old minor league stats (Runs and Stolen Bases) and assimilated them to 4 x 2013 MLB Players. Using the same basic values, I showed you 3 x Ex-Tigers with those same stats (3 from early age and in the minors) who WERE NOT known for blazing speed. Yet, you say I changed the argument. LOL.

By saying 4 x 2013 MLB players that had at least 86 Runs Scored and 30 Stolen Bases, who also are fast runners, does not make Lombardozzi a fast runner because he had those values in one season in the minors. Geez.

FYI...from what I know, Jose Iglesias is the fastest runner on the Tigers right now (Jackson is probably next). Neither will come close to stealing 30 bases in a season. Also, Runs are like Runs Batted In, they are more of a team stat.

Last edited:
Well talks between Seattle and Cano have broken off since they would not add a 10th year to the 9/225 they were offering. I think it's all smoke really because it would be a bad career move for him moving from NY to Seattle in terms of endorsement opportunities and he is just trying to leverage as much money from the Yankees as possible.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/12/mariners-talks-with-cano-fall-through.html

Last edited:
Well never looks like they caved in and gave the 10th year. Amazed really he would agree to go to Seattle of all places but to each's own I guess. Guess Choo/Infante/Kuroda to Yankees will all get done by Monday.

Yankees Offseason:

Signed:
Jacoby Ellsbury - 7 years/$153M
Brian McCann - 5 years/$85M
Hiroki Kuroda - 1 year/$16M

Expected to Sign: (Estimates on Salary)
Shin-Soo Choo - 6 years/$130M
Omar Infante - 3 years/$30M
Masahiro Tanaka - 6 years/$100M

Now that my friends is a crazy offseason.

Back