Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers aren't getting Choo, okay already?

Face it you just hate the guy. 30 SB'S in 38 attemps isn't just cause a guy reads a pitcher well. If he has average speed other teams woulda been gunning him down cosistanly

Also 86 runs with the benefit of only 8 homeruns. He has above average speed. The scouting report is stupid it list average to above average speed. It has to be one or the other not both?

Steve Lombardozzi 30 SB 8 CS 86 Runs in 616 PAs

Alan Trammell 30 SB 10 CS 83 Runs in 581 PAs

Lou Whitaker 38 SB 11 CS 81 Runs in 461 PAs

Ramon Santiago 39 SB 12 CS 69 Runs in 446 PAs

Average?

or

Above Average?

They all had pretty much similar seasons. So by your definition, at one time at least, Ramon Santiago had above average speed.

just out of curosity, do most people get their ass handed to them when they contradict rebbiv when it deals with stats?

btw...I am all for going after Grandy...within reason of course. and why are the A's making all the good moves?

Anyone else see that the M's offered $240MM-10 years to Cano?

just out of curosity, do most people get their ass handed to them when they contradict rebbiv when it deals with stats?

Usually people aren't dumb enough to go toe to toe with Rebbiv when it comes to stats. It's rare.

Usually people aren't dumb enough to go toe to toe with Rebbiv when it comes to stats. It's rare.

There are a couple really slow learners around here who end up as repeat offenders though.

Actually, there are a couple that do a good job holding their own. I am pretty sure Thumb and I went round and round a while back on someone. I think we decided it was a draw. Or was it Spock?

You know what they say....opinions are like assholes, some stink worse than others.

All kidding aside. Everyone has an opinion/believe and most will initially defend that opinion/believe. It is very rare someone will approach a contradicting opinion with an opinion mind. No one wants to think their opinion is wrong.

I have no problems debating with someone who offers a differing opinion as long as it doesn't get personal and they can use evidence/logic to back up their opinion.

Lol the few times we've done it, it usually ends up as a draw I think. Its rare though because we generally have fairly similar views.

I enjoy going at it with Rebb makes the board fun for me at least. He has his beliefs he is strong for as I have mine so it makes for a decent argument when we do disagree :)

Looks like official offer is 9/225M wow at that offer but Seattle is desperate for sure to add offense.

That sounds like a bad fit for both sides. Cano is a good player, but I don't think that he is a franchise type player. If Cano is getting $25 million get ready to pay Cabrera $35 million.

That sounds like a bad fit for both sides. Cano is a good player, but I don't think that he is a franchise type player. If Cano is getting $25 million get ready to pay Cabrera $35 million.

I honestly don't believe Cabrera will even take 30M to be honest. He is the ultimate team player as he has proven he cares about winning and his main goal is to win a WS in Detroit.

5 years 141 million would be the ideal extension for Cabrera. JV's last 5 years not including the vesting option is 5/140 and knowing Miggy the way I do he would poke so much fun to JV (by the way they are extremely close) that his check is just a LITTLE bit bigger every payday lmao.

I wonder and right now it's just that. IF Seattle signs Cano would the Yankees counter losing Cano by signing Choo or Granderson? AND if they did that would more than likely open them up to trading Gardner whom some people believe would be a good fit for the Tigers. hmmmmmmmmmmmm lol.

I wonder and right now it's just that. IF Seattle signs Cano would the Yankees counter losing Cano by signing Choo or Granderson? AND if they did that would more than likely open them up to trading Gardner whom some people believe would be a good fit for the Tigers. hmmmmmmmmmmmm lol.

I would certainly go with Gardner. But, it still does not resolve the lack of HR power this team has minus Cabrera, especially from the left side.

I enjoy going at it with Rebb makes the board fun for me at least. He has his beliefs he is strong for as I have mine so it makes for a decent argument when we do disagree :)

The feeling is mutual. The allure of a message board is the sport's bar banter.

We are all Tiger fans and most likely want what is best for them. We just disagree on how we do that.

Heck, my wife and eye have spent 20+ years together and we do not see eye to eye on a lot of things.

I would certainly go with Gardner. But, it still does not resolve the lack of HR power this team has minus Cabrera, especially from the left side.

I agree but I believe I could stomach Gardner over Dirks at this point lol.

Back