Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers interested in + now with agreement in place for Joakim Soria

So the question becomes, is Nathan getting demoted? And if so to where? I'd still like to see Joba 8th.

But yeah, not a trade I'm thrilled about.

It should help solve some of the pen issues at least, still wouldn't mind another, little steep on what was given up? Probably but something had to be done as this is likely the last shot at this guys

Last edited:
Raped again. Probably our best prospect and another top 10 for a reliever we get for 2 months. Yet the Yankees get a starting 3rd baseman for a number 15 and a utility player

I would have to imagine this moves Joba to the 7th and Soria becomes the setup guy. Nathan remains as closer but on a very short leash at this point.

Say what you want about Rebbiv and the stats he chooses but it's like watching a college professor debate a high school student when it come down to "stats vs subjective banter".

How many ways do you need to told that water is wet?

I called Headley a light-hitting 3rd baseman (and posted this season and last season's slash lines). The retort was -He's a great fielder here are his stats- (which he totally is) and that he has a good walk rate (which he does). It doesn't change the fact that he hits for little power, little average and strikes out a lot. Add to that a below average ability on the basepaths and you have a servicable player but not somebody that appears ready for the 2015 all-star game.

Stats are a fun part of baseball. The game still allows for intuition and perspective after all the numbers are drilled down. I'm appreciative of the effort but there will always be a subjective element that statistics won't illuminate. Otherwise Oakland would have a few WS championships.

Do YOU think Headley will be a top-5 3rd baseman in 2015?

If Headley has a .800 OPS next year I will say I was wrong and good call. I'll even go down to a modest .775 and give credit. He is a less than robust .649 OPS this season. (Avila is a .713 OPS this season).

So the question becomes, is Nathan getting demoted? And if so to where? I'd still like to see Joba 8th.

But yeah, not a trade I'm thrilled about.

If Nathan doesnt get demoted to 7th inning at most, Im going to beat Ausmus and DD senseless with a pool noodle. And Nathan, just because.

I would have to imagine this moves Joba to the 7th and Soria becomes the setup guy. Nathan remains as closer but on a very short leash at this point.

That would make this trade 100 times worse.

We simply cannot demote the best reliever on the team so save anyone's feelings, and if we gave up that for a set-up man....I cannot even fathom it.

That would make this trade 100 times worse.

We simply cannot demote the best reliever on the team so save anyone's feelings, and if we gave up that for a set-up man....I cannot even fathom it.

We keep throwing Joba out there at the pace he's on and he'll be throwing left handed come October.

I'm betting it will be

Joba- some 7th & 8th innings

Soria- 8th & Close

Nathan- Close

Come playoff time go with the hot hands

LOL

So you want Ajax, flanked by JD and Davis/Dirks next year?

3 OF spots dude, JD can't play all 3 at the same time.

You're right, we should have an all star at every position! I mean, that's so fucking easy to do. Fuck DD!!!! What an asshole he is!!

Back