Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers sign Fielder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the old ESPN main MLB board, over half the teams have Prince to DET at their latest topic.

Nice to be the talk of the baseball world for at least a day or two.

Not that its a Huge deal, but we give up our 1st round draft pick for this right?

Now we have to get something out of the 1 and 2 hole so Miggy and Prince have people to knock in. I love this but we still have Santiago/Raburn and Inge/Kelly plus big question marks with Jackson and Boesch's bats. Now we need to trade Turner and the young 3b for David Wright and Jacob Turner, for 2b and 3b, go all in :)

Where will Wright play?

Tiger are gonna try Cabrera at 3rd.

And Turner is gonna have the fifth spot in the rotation most likely.

Apparently the Tigers told Miguel that if he was to get in great shape this offseason there was a great chance he could be moved to 3B where he has expressed an interest in playing if/when the opportunity was available.

He was ecstatic when the Tigers asked him previously about the Fielder deal which is a great sign for us. No Reyes/Hanley drama.

Hey guys could the tigers be interested in Bautista to play OF? go make it happen DD send the farm to the Jays for him.

Anyone know what our current payroll (2012 so far) would put us in terms of overall teams?

pr0tege said:
Apparently the Tigers told Miguel that if he was to get in great shape this offseason there was a great chance he could be moved to 3B where he has expressed an interest in playing if/when the opportunity was available.

He was ecstatic when the Tigers asked him previously about the Fielder deal which is a great sign for us. No Reyes/Hanley drama.

Two slow fat asses at the corners. I see a lot of bunt singles against the Tigers this year!

DR said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Its an exciting day. Tom, get on board.. And btw, how much are you paying for this contract?

I'm all for the signing, but the Tigers will be paying him over $20 million a year into the next decade. Hopefully Mr I and/or his money is still around then.

Mr I money or Scooby Doo money, it ain't mine I don't care.

Pretty shocking.

I'm sure they will find a place for all these stars to play.

Simply amazing...never been this excited about a signing.

Kinda iffy on the length of it, but if they win a world series, or two, or three...I won't care.

bavarianinnman said:
Hey guys could the tigers be interested in Bautista to play OF? go make it happen DD send the farm to the Jays for him.

He'll get 50 games for using 'roids sooner or later.

I have to ask though...How rich is Scott Boras by now? My god...

Several comments I would like to add. First of all, this team is a hell of a lot better now than it was when we woke up this morning. There is no question though that we need to win NOW. A huge amount of money is tied up in a few players. Defense on this team won't be great but it may not have to with the pitching and hitting. Not sure if Fielder or Cabrera is ok with DHing but to start the season they both can. Don't think VMart will come back but if he does HOLY SHIT. Also, I think Miggy would be a better fit in the outfield, hell, he will be better than DY.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
bavarianinnman said:

He'll get 50 games for using 'roids sooner or later.

I hope so, hes pulled a Bonds, start hitting homers like crazy after years of not being a hr threat.

jdbaker1 said:
Several comments I would like to add. First of all, this team is a hell of a lot better now than it was when we woke up this morning. There is no question though that we need to win NOW. A huge amount of money is tied up in a few players. Defense on this team won't be great but it may not have to with the pitching and hitting. Not sure if Fielder or Cabrera is ok with DHing but to start the season they both can. Don't think VMart will come back but if he does HOLY SHIT. Also, I think Miggy would be a better fit in the outfield, hell, he will be better than DY.

This is true....they are better than they were when we woke up this morning. My question is this...how much better is this team than the one that was over matched by Texas in the playoffs? How good will this team be in 2014 and beyond?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back