Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. giants World Series Game 1 Thread

As I feared, the layoff affected Verlander's performance. His breaking ball had no bite, his command was fuzzy and the Giants and Gerry Fucking Asshole Davis made him throw many, many, many extra pitches. That Pagan AB had me walking in circles and when the ball kissed third, I knew this was not the Tigers' night.

Agreed, JV wasn't as sharp as usual but he wasn't terrible. They got beat but a loss is a loss. They win today and they are back in the driver's seat. Everybody knows they haven't been good against lefthanders that throw garbage. They actually got some hits and were robbed of hits in crucial times. There is no reason to think they can't turn it around. Tigers have been dealing with adversity all season so I still feel pretty good about it. If you asked us a month and a half ago if we would take being down 0-1 in the worldseries we all would have jumped at it simply because many didn't think they would be there in the first place. We need a big game from Fister and this probably is a must win but they are still in this series.

Agreed, JV wasn't as sharp as usual but he wasn't terrible. They got beat but a loss is a loss. They win today and they are back in the driver's seat. Everybody knows they haven't been good against lefthanders that throw garbage. They actually got some hits and were robbed of hits in crucial times. There is no reason to think they can't turn it around. Tigers have been dealing with adversity all season so I still feel pretty good about it. If you asked us a month and a half ago if we would take being down 0-1 in the worldseries we all would have jumped at it simply because many didn't think they would be there in the first place. We need a big game from Fister and this probably is a must win but they are still in this series.
agreed.

as for the bolded part, thats where the giants having a good defense and the tigers having a shitty one made a huge difference last night. no way 'elmn gets to either of those balls.

leyland said today that there was nothing wrong with our at-bats last night, finally proving that hes fucking senile and retarded. he must have thought the giants hitters were us. ive got no idea how he can think we had acceptable abs last night.

yeah, I read that Spock, and even with the bit of senility that comes with getting older,
I think it is more a PR move by not coming out and calling Delmon a shithead in so many words for saying all that. If Leyland said what we are thinking and posting, it would create a three ring circus. Leyland did say at a late point in the season that they have to have better at bats and swing at strikes more often, whether directed to one player the questions was about or several.
delmon is quite the dumbass, and seems to insert his foot in his mouth alot, he also appears to be very uncomfortable with most all interviews.
just my take.

I think Delmon has some sort of bi-polar disease. His talent is there but his heads isn't always in the game. A guy with his tools coming out of the draft would normally continue to strive towards excellence but instead he has put on unhealthy weight...has lost all his speed very quickly, and has zero plate discipline along with a horrible glove. He could've been a much better player but he just doesn't care enough.

His agent must be ready to ducktape his mouth because DY stock was at a year long high following the ALCS and he couldn't help but fuck it up

Back