Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. giants World Series Game 1 Thread

The Giants are gonna have to cool off pretty quick here, if they're expecting to take this series to those elimination games that they've been so, so tough in when facing them...

Last edited:
Well hopefully tomorrow Vogelsong on short rest will be shaky.

i thought bumgarner was going tomorrow?

Hmm, maybe. Had not really paid much attention outside of Zito going game 1, during game 7 of the NLCS they were saying it was going to be Vogelsong on short rest.

What a debacle tonight... I am so tired of soft tossing lefty's beating us...Hopefully someone will wake up the bats on Wednesday...frustrating watching JV not pitch well again in the world series... Hopefully he can figure it out...

When in the hell are our big hitter Prince and Miguel carry us in a game or two in the WS..Would sure like to see the long ball from both of them.. Sandoval are you kidding me... They let that guy beat them... freaking pitch around a hot and good hitter...That is what teams do to us...

Last edited:
I knew all this Pub would go to there heads...They were probably way over confident just like in 2006....

Last edited:
The second and third homer should have never happened to PS.. Fucking pitch around that guy...You need to make freaking in game adjustments sometimes...That guy has JV's number... But JV is way to stubborn and it costs him more runs..

It was a good game to get Valverde in. Also a good game to see that he still stinks.

Verlander had a chance to set the tone for the whole series and it comes crashing down on his inability to pitch in the World series again and becomes the first pitcher since 1919 to lose his first 3 starts in the World series.. Sure hope the other guys can pick up the slack because JV was awful last night... He made no adjustments at all... Totally frustrating.

This start has nothing to do with his others or an inability to pitch. He had a bad game, he's entitles to one I suppose. But we have a good staff and we needed the other guys anyway. JV wasn't winning 4 games.

This start has nothing to do with his others or an inability to pitch. He had a bad game, he's entitles to one I suppose. But we have a good staff and we needed the other guys anyway. JV wasn't winning 4 games.

Not to mention that strike zone was tighter than a nun's asshole so he kept having to throw pitches right over the plate because their hitters were smart enough to lay off anything not over the white. Problem was we swung at all the slow shit that dropped into the dirt.

Even the first HR Sandoval hit was a good pitch, high heat....you don't blame Verlander for Panda going up and getting a neck-high pitch and driving it out, sometimes you do just have to tip your cap.

Was Verlander as sharp as were used to? No. But people are overreacting especially the assclowns around here who said he "sucked dick".

As I feared, the layoff affected Verlander's performance. His breaking ball had no bite, his command was fuzzy and the Giants and Gerry Fucking Asshole Davis made him throw many, many, many extra pitches. That Pagan AB had me walking in circles and when the ball kissed third, I knew this was not the Tigers' night.

Last edited:
The second and third homer should have never happened to PS.. Fucking pitch around that guy...You need to make freaking in game adjustments sometimes...That guy has JV's number... But JV is way to stubborn and it costs him more runs..

Homer 2 was a 95 large four seamer low and away. Homer 3 was a slider three inches off the ground and JV was in the dugout with a pinch between cheek and gum.

As I feared, the layoff affected Verlander's performance. His breaking ball had no bite, his command was fuzzy and the Giants and Gerry Fucking Asshole Davis made him throw many, many, many extra pitches. That Pagan AB had me walking in circles and when the ball kissed third, I knew this was not the Tigers' night.

I agree,

You have to give the Giants batters a lot of credit though. They made him work his ass off. Those guys don't swing an miss very often.

Back