Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. giants World Series Game Thread 2

I'm talking about people from THIS team. I could really care less about his past. He's been our best hitter over the last 2 postseasons.

Well people from this team, outside of Delmon, are not assholes who throw their teammates under the bus. That's why you have not heard anyone from THIS team say anything, and why you won't.

Seriously, what Delmon said yesterday [today/yesterday depending on time zone], was unacceptable, and I hope he got a clubhouse fine.

Even Inge was not this bad.

Last edited:
really??? Which player, coach or front office exec has ever said this about him being a cancer??? He'll be gone, but it's because they have nowhere to play him next year with VMart coming back.

I guess you missed yesterday's news. He proved it himself.

Lamont "if I had it to do over I probably would have held him, I know we havent been scoring runs and I got overly agressive I guess".
Lamont "The difficult part is nobody wants to talk to you unless you f*&k up".

and that interferes with the post game spread and stuffing your face ya dumb bloat.

Delmon when asked about approach vs. Bumgarner: ?Let him off the hook? We had two hits. I don't know what hook you're talking about.?

It's the world series and delmon is his usual assholish self in the post game.
delmon, they're talking about you as a hook, as in shithook.

What did he say that wasn't true?

Some of it was true, that's not the point, point is you don't throw your teammates and coaches under the bus. I have a theory, he just doesn't give a fck does he? You seem to know him, am I right?

Last edited:
Furthermore, I never heard mention of this during the pregame, during the game or postgame. Sounds like YOU guys are making more of it than it really is.

Some of it was true, that's not the point, point is you don't throw your teammates and coaches under the bus. I have a theory, he just doesn't give a fck does he? You seem to know him, am I right?
Leyland didn't seem to have a problem with what he said, so why do you guys?

the rest of the team doesnt appear to care because theyre much, much smarter than delmon (and, apparently, you) and dont want to drag this out in the open. they'll be taking care of it behind closed doors. sniping back via the media just makes the problem worse, and they know that.

The guy has produced the last 2 postseasons PERIOD!! Not ONE other guy on this roster has can say that. If a grown ass man is gonna get butt hurt over something like that then maybe THAT'S a bigger problem. Maybe you guys should just watch Entertainment Tonight instead of baseball if you want your gossip.

the rest of the team doesnt appear to care because theyre much, much smarter than delmon (and, apparently, you) and dont want to drag this out in the open. they'll be taking care of it behind closed doors. sniping back via the media just makes the problem worse, and they know that.
If it was a big fucking deal, he woulda been benched. You desperate housewives are making it WAAAAY more than it is.

Last edited:
Leyland on the lack of offense: "Our offense is fine."

someone lock him in an old folks home.

Why are we fighting about a guy who going to be gone next year.. News flash!!! Delmon like a lot of sports players these days does not have a lot going on in between the ears.. He Knows is gone next year with Victor coming back and he lashed out. Who in the hell cares if he has carried us the last two post seasons...Still does not excuse his sloppy defense and hack away mentality in the regular season.. He has been a tad more paitent in the post season. Maybe there is something to that.. But you cannot throw your teammates under the bus like he did.. I am sure they all got over it but sometimes mouth-shut is a good thing for DY... Especially under the influence..LOL

Last edited:
Why are we fighting about a guy who going to be gone next year.. News flash!!! Delmon like a lot of sports players these days does not have a lot going on in between the ears.. He Knows is gone next year with Victor coming back and he lashed out. Who in the hell cares if he has carried us the last two post seasons...Still does not excuse his sloppy defense and hack away mentality in the regular season.. He has been a tad more paitent in the post season. Maybe there is something to that.. But you cannot throw your teammates under the bus like he did.. I am sure they all got over it but sometimes mouth-shut is a good thing for DY... Especially under the influence..LOL

It's not really "we" though, it's one guy arguing with everyone else in the known universe.

Delmon should use some of his playoff bonus and buy you a new pair of kneepads and a bottle of Listerine.

Seriously, if he went into a pre-school and murdered everyone you would find some way to say he did a good job of it.

I get that you like Delmon, and think he's just dreamy...but why does it bother you so much that everyone else is smart enough to see him for what he is, pure human garbage?
I'm talking about his production in the playoffs. I could care less about the off the field stuff. You seem to have had your feelings hurt by him. Who's outhit him on this team in the playoffs the last 2 years??? You're dodging the question.

What did he say that wasn't true?

Being out of the game in the second inning for starters. And it's a funny comment coming from a guy who set a world's record for Worst Throw From The Outfield Ever.

You would not make much of a teammate, that's obvious.

There have been some reports on posts in here so please no personal attacks.

There have been some reports on posts in here so please no personal attacks.

and I am not deleting anything that attacks the players or staff. the complaints are about attacking delmon, then, snide remarks to posters about it, well that poster reporting has complained about players or staff during the year in similar language.

Like I said before, no F U's to each other, go to the political board for that.
anything else goes at players coaching staffs announcers etc.
calling a poster dumb, stupid, for a remark, that's the line_________________

No one can post anything resembling these types of comments at ANY other Tigers blog site or national media sites. There is a nice free rein here, but on this board, I would think we have and want a little code of conduct,
FU's to each other leaves simmering animosity and wanting to remark in kind when that poster posts in a thread.

and I am not deleting anything that attacks the players or staff. the complaints are about attacking delmon, then, snide remarks to posters about it, well that poster reporting has complained about players or staff during the year in similar language.

Like I said before, no F U's to each other, go to the political board for that.
anything else goes at players coaching staffs announcers etc.
calling a poster dumb, stupid, for a remark, that's the line_________________

No one can post anything resembling these types of comments at ANY other Tigers blog site or national media sites. There is a nice free rein here, but on this board, I would think we have and want a little code of conduct,
FU's to each other leaves simmering animosity and wanting to remark in kind when that poster posts in a thread.

we can say f delmon though, right? please!

Being out of the game in the second inning for starters. And it's a funny comment coming from a guy who set a world's record for Worst Throw From The Outfield Ever.

You would not make much of a teammate, that's obvious.
I'm just saying that if it was as big of a deal as you guys are making it out to be, Leyland would have benched him. 2 days later and I'm still not hearing of any fallout from his remarks besides this forum.

If you guys choose not to like him, fine that's your opinion. My opinion is that he has been productive for much of his time in Detroit. Especially in the postseason.

Back