Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. giants World Series Game Thread 2

We got 2 hits... we can bitch all we won't about strike zones layoffs and fat daddy Lamont and our bad luck but when you only get 2 hits your will lose that game in baseball 99 out of 100 games... The real difference i see is that the Giant hitters have more grinders then we do...Nothing new there.. We all know we have a line-up full of swinging hacks.. Maybe the press got to our head again like in 2006... Calling us the better team... Well we did have only 88 wins verses a 94 win team. Hopefully getting home will get our sticks going...Win all 3 or at least 2 out of 3 and we are still in it...
As of right now I new I wanted that Scutoro I was laughed at when i suggested him...
Nothing knew we need Prince and Miguel to step up and earn their contracts... Regular season is one thing but championships is what you are measured by.. So far Verlander is a bust in WS play... Would i trade him... Hell no..But he had a chance to shut the SF crowd up last night and failed... Team sorely misses Victor... Maybe it is going to take a few like King James for Verlander to win one.. Hopefully he wins game 5..

Last edited:
im not gonna emotionally invest myself with hope right now, i just dont have the energy left. got too much else going for shit for me right now without having to worry about these choking assholes.

im gonna try to calm down now without using my voice, so that i don't lose it all the way (it started going randomly tonight for no reason).

I know I am pissed to... I thought it was our year... My dad may not make it to next year so i was hoping...Still am... I even have to miss Saturdays game.... due to my daughters band competition. ..

Last edited:
Don't be obtuse. He's a cancer with no cure except to cut him and he'll be gone the day after the WS is over.

I'd love to see him go to NY. He'd be in prison by the end of May.

I do not and will not every get on board with both leagues different as far as the DH and pitchers batting. The AL is a a extreme disadvantage because out pitchers hardly hit all season. I don't care which way it goes but both leagues have to have the same thing...

Last edited:
i dont really know how pissed i can get. the giants are clearly the better team right now. the pitching staffs are a wash (we have the better rotation by a little bit on paper, though verlander sucking yesterday REALLY hurt us, and they have a better bullpen), our offense is better in theory, but theirs is more evenly built top to bottom and they are obviously WAY better at working counts than we are, and their defense is miles better than ours which has played into it as well. add that theyre getting all the fucking breaks, and the umps seem determined to fuck us over, and we're fucked.

I do not and will not every get on board with both leagues different as far as the DH and pitchers batting. The AL is a a extreme disadvantage because out pitches hardly hit all season. I don't care which way it goes but both leagues have to have the same thing...

Bunting is boring. Home runs are exciting.

That's the single biggest reason to have DH's.

DH also gives many players an opportunity to contribute after they have become defensive liabilities.

People can't argue for the need for more instant replay, then complain the DH ruins naturalism of the game.

Don't be obtuse. He's a cancer with no cure except to cut him and he'll be gone the day after the WS is over.
really??? Which player, coach or front office exec has ever said this about him being a cancer??? He'll be gone, but it's because they have nowhere to play him next year with VMart coming back.

Bunting is boring. Home runs are exciting.

That's the single biggest reason to have DH's.

DH also gives many players an opportunity to contribute after they have become defensive liabilities.

People can't argue for the need for more instant replay, then complain the DH ruins naturalism of the game.

I agree..I would vote for the DH... But i hate it being different.. AL pitchers just don't practice hitting much and it shows..

Last edited:
i dont really know how pissed i can get. the giants are clearly the better team right now. the pitching staffs are a wash (we have the better rotation by a little bit on paper, though verlander sucking yesterday REALLY hurt us, and they have a better bullpen), our offense is better in theory, but theirs is more evenly built top to bottom and they are obviously WAY better at working counts than we are, and their defense is miles better than ours which has played into it as well. add that theyre getting all the fucking breaks, and the umps seem determined to fuck us over, and we're fucked.

Giants offense is average or better across the board. We have too many hit or miss guys.

God 2 fucking whole days on how great the Giants are on tv and radio...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I was referring to your posts.. :cheers:

Well, now that my bubble is burst, I guess we can no longer be pals.

I'm crushed, but I'll get over it. At least you'll always have Delmon.

really??? Which player, coach or front office exec has ever said this about him being a cancer??? He'll be gone, but it's because they have nowhere to play him next year with VMart coming back.

How about the team that drafted him #1 overall and could not wait to get rid of him.

Or the team that traded for him, and in the middle of a season which they were DESPERATE for healthy hitters, traded him to us for peanuts.

I think that says just about everything about what GM's think of Delmon.

EDIT: Nowhere to play him? Isn't Delmon an outfielder by trade who only DH'd because we didn't have anyone else? Why won't they sign him to play LF then? Oh right, cause he's a douche.

Last edited:
I need to be careful I’m so depressed I think I might be creating a poltergeist, I swear that light was off! I can’t keep doing this to myself. Going to have to figure out how to not care.

How about the team that drafted him #1 overall and could not wait to get rid of him.

Or the team that traded for him, and in the middle of a season which they were DESPERATE for healthy hitters, traded him to us for peanuts.

and it also says a lot about how dumb our GM is sometimes in that he didnt get non-tendered last offseason.

and it also says a lot about how dumb our GM is sometimes in that he didnt get non-tendered last offseason.

Yeah, but the smoke and mirrors act he pulled in the last 40 games plus the playoffs had DD fooled. I'm sure he won't make the same mistake twice....

Yeah, but the smoke and mirrors act he pulled in the last 40 games plus the playoffs had DD fooled. I'm sure he won't make the same mistake twice....
you never know. we can all hope it happens, but we cant be sure till DD says hes not coming back.

EDIT: Nowhere to play him? Isn't Delmon an outfielder by trade who only DH'd because we didn't have anyone else? Why won't they sign him to play LF then? Oh right, cause he's a douche.
I'm talking about people from THIS team. I could really care less about his past. He's been our best hitter over the last 2 postseasons.

Back