Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. giants World Series Game Thread 4 Oct. 28

we have now lost more world series (fucking SEVEN) than all but 5 teams have each WON. red sox 7, giants 8 now, As 9, cards 11, assholes 27. next highest is the dodgers with 6 wins. this franchise is built on choking.

Yup 4-7 blows... Especially when we have to go so far in-between appearances getting there...

Last edited:
Last night hit me harder than tonight. Tonight was like the funeral. We were lucky to be in the World Series, we have a rotation that is amazing and an offense that is and has been garbage but has been covered by a godly season by Miguel Cabrera and you just can't depend on just one person in a 7 game series. We need some obp guys and get rid of the Delmon's, Berry's etc. We have a rotation that impressed me so much and it hurts that it wasn't even close to enough because of the garbage that is our offense.

Getting Victor back is huge but we still need more. Not high priced guys but smarter guys, veterans who can work a count and get on base. Doesn't mean we need to spend 100 million just need strategic good players.

Damn, Mr. Ilitch deserved better, hope this wasn't his last chance.

"JV shits himself"

"Their fat guy was way better than ours"

'bout sums it up for World Series 2012...that and just better fundamental play by S.F. overall.

Anyway, thanks to all the regular posters for the "play-by-play" all year(I was putting voice to all the "FUCK!"/"SHIT!" posts right along with you)...special thanks yet again to K.C. for all the historical perspective/game analysis also.

...wish we all could have enjoyed a World Series Championship cigar with ya.

Have a safe winter guys...

Getting Victor back is huge but we still need more. Not high priced guys but smarter guys, veterans who can work a count and get on base. Doesn't mean we need to spend 100 million just need strategic good players.

You me and this whole board can say we need grinders and hard nosed players all we want but in-till DD and the Tigers decided to go that route we just are not going to see it... Free swingers is the tiger way in a ball park built for triples...

You me and this whole board can say we need grinders and hard nosed players all we want but in-till DD and the Tigers decided to go that route we just are not going to see it... Free swingers is the tiger way in a ball park built for triples...

Yeah I don't expect to see a big re-tooling of our team. I think we're going to get a corner outfielder and maybe a closer...and not much else.

Damn, Mr. Ilitch deserved better, hope this wasn't his last chance.

"JV shits himself"

"Their fat guy was way better than ours"

'bout sums it up for World Series 2012...that and just better fundamental play by S.F. overall.

Anyway, thanks to all the regular posters for the "play-by-play" all year(I was putting voice to all the "FUCK!"/"SHIT!" posts right along with you)...special thanks yet again to K.C. for all the historical perspective/game analysis also.

...wish we all could have enjoyed a World Series Championship cigar with ya.

Have a safe winter guys...

Thanks pal, goes without saying, we are passionate about our Detroit Tigers and Lions teams.
I'm still going to smoke a cigar for a fine season, one of two teams left, yeah it sucks that we lost the WS again, it hurts,
but one of these years they will win it all, hope to be here with all of you.

You don't like 420 ft outs?

What a fucking exhausting season. After Miggy K'd I realized I was just not that upset, I was just wanting it to be over.

I feel like hibernating until April.

I really hope this is the end of Delmon but something tells me we are dumb enough that it isn't.

I think you can't discount that somehow this was a meant to be/magical post season by the Giants. You don't come from down 0-2 in a 5 game series and then down 3-1 to the defending champs and pretty much getting every break possible along the way.

Back