Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. M's Game Thread April 24

Put Laird back in he's hitting .400!! LOL

Yea, but it wont matter how well we hit if we cant keep the other teams off the bases.

So far only JV and Smyly have been reliable.

Scherzer should have had 9k's or more against this lineup. He just sucked donkey balls tonight.

Someone else do the game thread on Wednesday.. I am 0-1 and i was 1-4 for the wings... I am going to take the Lou Whitaker bat and beat my face in with it after watching that debacle of a team tonight.. Miguel and Prince each had 2 hits but alas only 1 rbi because no on can get on in front of them.

Someone else do the game thread on Wednesday.. I am 0-1 and i was 1-4 for the wings... I am going to take the Lou Whitaker bat and beat my face in with it after watching that debacle of a team tonight.. Miguel and Prince each had 2 hits but alas only 1 rbi because no on can get on in front of them.

Beat the cats...maybe it was their fault.

Yea, but it wont matter how well we hit if we cant keep the other teams off the bases.

So far only JV and Smyly have been reliable.

Scherzer should have had 9k's or more against this lineup. He just sucked donkey balls tonight.

He blew all spring, it's really not that surprising.

God second place in this division is embarrassing. it will be third if the Sox win in Oakland

He blew all spring, it's really not that surprising.

he blows period. he'll have the occasional game where he pitches really well, but most of the time he's mediocre or just downright awful. i wish we'd gotten ian kennedy in the granderson trade.

Not sure it's overreacting. We just want them to play better, pitching and hitting.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.
She seems to be doing better past 24 hours.

I was able to hear a little of the game on XM. Sounds like a frustrating game again, Max's pitch count, couple of fielding blunders, I think Boesch and Young need to be patient and take a first pitch or two. iirc each has a walk in their combined total plate appearances.
It won't happen with Leyland sticking with his lineups, but I wonder how a 2 spot of Avila vs. righties and Peralta vs. lefties would work? Boesch to 5 spot Delmon 6 or 7.

Yeah Ron, I also extend my best wishes to you & your mom. My best army buddy is also in bad shape, health-wise, so I'm thinking of bombing up to Cleveland soon (yeah, aside from being an Indian fan, he's cool). In truth, you didn't miss a whole lot; hit & miss batting, so-so fielding and two toned Max not really hitting his stride yet. Oh well, we'll get 'em tonight.

If the Tigers maintain their present winning percentage, they will finish 95-67.

If the Tigers maintain their present winning percentage, they will finish 95-67.

And that's with massive under performance by Scherzer, the bullpen, Fielder, Peralta, Raburn, Boesch, Cabrera, Santiago, hell even DY should improve a decent amount, and no Fister.

Basically, there's nothing to be worried about, we'll run away this division.

Or if they continue on their small bad streak of 1-4 we're in a world of hurt.

:nod:

I get the point you're trying to make but it can get frustrating to see few runs even against pitchers we should be pulverizing. In any event, I'm more upset that I wish we had a real 2B. It's all good.

The Tigers have had about as bad of a start to the season as they could realistically have, and they are still 10-7 after having one of the tougher schedules.

Schezer has a .459 BABIP on the year, that's just bad luck, which happens in such a short sample size.

When that normalizes he'll be fine, he should provide us with a 3.75-4.00 ERA from here on out.

Back