Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. M's Game Thread April 24

The Tigers have had about as bad of a start to the season as they could realistically have, and they are still 10-7 after having one of the tougher schedules.

Schezer has a .459 BABIP on the year, that's just bad luck, which happens in such a short sample size.

When that normalizes he'll be fine, he should provide us with a 3.75-4.00 ERA from here on out.

I hope so, seems like he cannot locate his pitches though, he's missing Alex's targets by a good amount, and I wonder if the hits are a result of him making mistakes and dropping pitches into the batters sweet spots.

Frankly, I expected a good amount of strikeouts with that lineup last night, it's too early to be worried, but Max does concern me.

The Tigers have had about as bad of a start to the season as they could realistically have, and they are still 10-7 after having one of the tougher schedules.

Schezer has a .459 BABIP on the year, that's just bad luck, which happens in such a short sample size.

When that normalizes he'll be fine, he should provide us with a 3.75-4.00 ERA from here on out.

If Scherzer goes 3.75-4.00 for the rest of the season, I'd be thrilled. I just wish we had Fister back. It's nice to have two guys, JV and Fister where you have a better chance than not to win those games.

I hope so, seems like he cannot locate his pitches though, he's missing Alex's targets by a good amount, and I wonder if the hits are a result of him making mistakes and dropping pitches into the batters sweet spots.

Frankly, I expected a good amount of strikeouts with that lineup last night, it's too early to be worried, but Max does concern me.

The defense hurt him a lot last night, as it's going to do with our pitchers all year.

They really didn't have many hard hit balls off of Scherzer, and I believe they had 4 INF hits as well.

His FIP, xFIP, and SIERA are all the best of his career, and while he's not going to keep striking out 10+ per 9, he's not going to keep a BABIP anywhere near .375, let alone .459, and his LOB% will not stay below 60% all year.

His command is a little off right now, but that will always come and go, as it does with pretty much everybody except elite pitchers.

He's a solid third starter, with the stuff and capability to shut down any lineup, the only thing that holds him back from being an ace is inconsistency, but he's still good, nowhere near as bad as his ERA is making him look.

If Scherzer goes 3.75-4.00 for the rest of the season, I'd be thrilled. I just wish we had Fister back. It's nice to have two guys, JV and Fister where you have a better chance than not to win those games.

Yeah, we really need Fister back, hopefully he'll be able to stay healthy for the rest of the year and it isn't a reoccurring problem.

Back