Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 1 Thread Oct. 8

Spockmaster said:
TigerMud said:
not the first time its happened to me, i saw the same thing happen at another local cemetery a couple years ago, though that time my friends and I also got a very strong feeling that we should leave immediately.

I've got a strange and weird experience to tell about a cemetery in the city of Detroit, that my friends and I had on Devil's Night in '72, but its waay tooo long to tell here, and I'll save it for later, maybe on Devil's Night '11.

Always thought as a kid that what "tricks" that we did in Detroit on that night was also national, like Halloween was, but didn't find out till much later that nope, it wasn't..haha!!

Just getting home from work. Looks like a very frustrating game so far. Is JV pitching poorly or are they just getting lucky with bloops and poor defense.

jdbaker1 said:
Just getting home from work. Looks like a very frustrating game so far. Is JV pitching poorly or are they just getting lucky with bloops and poor defense.

JV got squeezed from the 1st inning.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]I can't believe I like pierzynski comments.
he is calling it like a player.

I hear KC, AJ is being very honest tonight. I always thought he was a tool, but I actually like the guy now

getting absolutely squeezed. impossible to get a rhythm with it.

also

they absolutely NEED to get in santiago when we resume. get some momentum on our side right away. we can hit wilson, just need to get those timely hits.

Stephen Strasburg's comment earlier "Verlander is getting squeezed big time!" I could post about 25 other players whom are all saying the same exact thing.

Big time players usually get the benefit of doubt on calls but in this game its been the exact opposite. Its like the Ump is making Verlander work harder then Wilson for a call which has infuriated Verlander among others.

jdbaker1 said:

He's not his usual self having trouble commanding the FB according to AA and the ump is not giving him the outside corner or the lower portion of the zone. And the offense is offensive thus far.

You don't squeeze the first triple crown winner since Santana. I hope Welke is booted off the crew

Looks like they are up to their usual crap, squandering scoring opportunities.

Sounds of the game: Welke to Inge on suspending the game due to rain..."I saw that last shake and that was it.....you can't see.....it's not fair."

Kind of like your strike zone asshole.

Looks like Porcello coming in for Verlander which will open up Verlander to come back to pitch in game 4 in Detroit.

mikem2780 said:
I think Francona has a man crush on Leyland

Thats how respected Leyland is with all the other managers in baseball. The guy is the #2 manager in baseball, only behind LaRussa, who showed Leyland the ropes as a manager back with the Chicago White Sox

Back