Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 1 Thread Oct. 8

mhughes0021 said:
they can say this favors texas all they want. but the way wilson was in a groove and JV wasnt....this rain delay may have been our only hope today. Hopefully we get a good beat on their next pitcher.

Maybe, maybe not if they bring in Ogando, not saying that the Tigers can't hit him, but they haven't been exactly bashing the ball lately...

just got home from doing a ghost tour, and i have this to say:

i was afraid our offense would be in hibernation mode, and i hate when my bad feelings are right. i was not, however, expecting the ump to be screwing verlander over so much.

Turok said:
mhughes0021 said:
they can say this favors texas all they want. but the way wilson was in a groove and JV wasnt....this rain delay may have been our only hope today. Hopefully we get a good beat on their next pitcher.

Maybe, maybe not if they bring in Ogando, not saying that the Tigers can't hit him, but they haven't been exactly bashing the ball lately...

They will have Ogando, we will have Penny...maybe Coke....

Spockmaster said:

i was afraid our offense would be in hibernation mode, and i hate when my bad feelings are right. i was not, however, expecting the ump to be screwing verlander over so much.

yea but did you see any ghosts

MI_Thumb said:
Turok said:

They will have Ogando, we will have Penny...maybe Coke....

6 ks for wilson already....i dont care who it is next as long as it isnt him anymore lol.

TigerMud said:
Spockmaster said:

saw a flag moving vigorously with no wind tonight here and none of the other flags near it moving (we were in a cemetery, it was a gravestone flag).

Spockmaster said:
TigerMud said:
saw a flag moving vigorously with no wind tonight here and none of the other flags near it moving (we were in a cemetery, it was a gravestone flag).

strange.

Spockmaster said:
TigerMud said:

Joel do you watch Ghosthunters?

TigerMud said:
Spockmaster said:

strange.
not the first time its happened to me, i saw the same thing happen at another local cemetery a couple years ago, though that time my friends and I also got a very strong feeling that we should leave immediately.

I can't believe I like pierzynski comments.
he is calling it like a player.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]I can't believe I like pierzynski comments.

You don't expect a guy doing commentary to say "he is getting squeezed". lol.

Turok said:
Looks like a few balls were called strikes, and vice-versa for both pitchers.

Got a somewhat higher and narrower strikezone, but Wilson is doing a better job of keeping his pitches down and low.

location.php

Dude, this graphic shows Verlander is getting screwed. 10 pitches in the strike zone called balls and several near the middle, wow. In comparison Wilson had 4 with 3 of them being on the line.

location.php

Spockmaster said:
TigerMud said:
not the first time its happened to me, i saw the same thing happen at another local cemetery a couple years ago, though that time my friends and I also got a very strong feeling that we should leave immediately.

I had a very scary experience lasting over 3 days when I was about 8 at an old farm house absolutely nothing since, I can still remember it like it was yesterday.

smayschmouthfootball said:
A.J. was actually engaging and spontaneous.

very different from what you we see during Tigers - whitesox games.

tigersofjustice said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]I can't believe I like pierzynski comments.

You don't expect a guy doing commentary to say "he is getting squeezed". lol.

I like pierzynski's honesty, you get it from most players doing commentary, but some like karros give you more fluff and bias towards a team he likes, at least from watching him in the past.

Back