Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 1 Thread Oct. 8

The umpire is not consistant behind the plate. He is not calling the same strike zone for the Rangers. He is giving C.J. Wilson the left outside corner and not Verlander. Fox tracks has proved this.

Nothing Verlander can do its not his fault

This is basically like the polar opposite of JV vs CC, except that JV was just getting a normal zone while CJ's seems to expand when Miggy or VMart are up, conveniently.

sitting here looking at my radar and I don't see any rain at all over the park but yet there it is, weird.

Ramon doubles to leadoff, will Inge bat before the game is halted?

nope.

As an umpire myself, I cannot fathom an umpire who does not LOOK to call strikes WHENEVER possible. Welke is consistently MISSING the low strike, no matter who is at bat, which is very odd, because that pitch moves up and down depending who is batting. Verlander has cause for frustration and I think he's being remarkably calm under the circumstances.

well with the way the offense has been going maybe this delay is just what we need.

I would not be surprised if we just saw the last inning for Verlander in this game with the now rain delay and him being so frustrated with this umpire.

F'n tim welke needs to go back inside and look at the balls and strikes he called on Verlander.
disgusting.

pr0tege said:
I would not be surprised if we just saw the last inning for Verlander in this game with the now rain delay and him being so frustrated with this umpire.

good point.

they can say this favors texas all they want. but the way wilson was in a groove and JV wasnt....this rain delay may have been our only hope today. Hopefully we get a good beat on their next pitcher.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]F'n tim welke needs to go back inside and look at the balls and strikes he called on Verlander.
disgusting.

I agree 100 %.

The same pitch that Verlander was not getting that was a strike on foxtrax,Cabrera did not get and foxtrax showed it was a ball.

So is Welke getting paid off by the Bush family or what?

Back