Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 5 Thread Oct. 13

pr0tege said:
If CJ Wilson loses today, he will have an L in the World Series, LDS, LCS and All-Star Game all within a year. Meaningless but kinda funny.

lol, I bet that could win you a sports trivia question at the local bar.

Verlander back to start the 7th, Kelly in RF, Raburn to LF, Young sits.

hope that early sub out for delmon doesnt come back to bit us...hes on a tear...wtf

jdbaker1 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Delmon Young is the fourth player in franchise history to hit two home runs in one postseason game. First since Magglio in 2006.
his five home runs match a club record for postseason home runs, joining Craig Monroe in 2006.

How could I forget that?

I know, easier to forget Greenberg was the other Tigers player to do it.

121 pitches...running on fumes...only 92 FB...Ks Hamilton on 5 changeups...

Verlander is grinding. He has turned into such an awesome "pitcher". Even if he doesn't have his best stuff he finds a way to always keep his team in the game. Hats off to him for this outing today.

Leyland just needs to let Verlander roll. Pull him if he gets in trouble but right now the dudes pitching well.

mhughes0021 said:
hope that early sub out for delmon doesnt come back to bit us...hes on a tear...wtf

I would rather have Kelly in with a 4 run lead. Kelly's bat has been pretty hot too.

Throw Penny out there for the final two innings. Save some arms for Saturday.

pr0tege said:
If CJ Wilson loses today, he will have an L in the World Series, LDS, LCS and All-Star Game all within a year. Meaningless but kinda funny.

Great trivia question.

Looks as if Verlander is talking to Leyland trying to let him come back out in the 8th lol.

Back