Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. redsox Game Thread April 5

Tigers batting 5th inning,

Raburn singles past short,

Peralta takes high and tight, takes cutter low, low, strike call, Raburn off first and lester steps off the rubber, low for a walk first and second,

pitcher and catcher talk,

Avila shows bunt and ump says strike Avila and gameday no, trys to bunt and misses, why bunt lefty on lefty? fastball outside, curve down and away, fastball swings and misses,

Santiago takes a strike, grounds a cutter foul, changeup ground foul past first, letter high fouled back, popped up to shallow right and midget has it,

Jackson 2 and 0, fastball high, strike call on/off the corner, swings and misses full count, fly to right shit,

lester 76 pitches.

The bunt made no sense to me KC. Not only is Avila a decent hitter, but you've got Santiago and Jackson behind him. Santiago's shaky, although better from the right side and Jackson strikes out as much as he does anything else. I say let Alex knock a couple runs in...I understand the strategy in principle, but thought the situation called for a better option.

For his career Santiago has a .663 OPS as a LHH and a .642 as a RHH.

Inge almost got a boner when he saw Cabrera tumble.

But went limp when he saw him make the catch.

How do you know?

he doesn't, nor did he care to do any research before spouting off his mouth.

Santiago bats left more. He's a .254 in the last three years from the left side. Which isn't THAT BAD...but I'd imagined he'd be .180 as a right hander against a Rightie

damn peralta, can you get the ball up a little on your throws to first?

oh shit, cabrera got scared there. Can't blame him either.

Ugh, hate to see the defense drive up the pitchers PC.

Oh well, still better than Inge playing.

damn, still no runs scored in any of the four games being played.

So, which Tiger gets the first RBI of the season?

And who scores the first Run?

Back