Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALCS Game Thread 1 Oct. 13

I bet even Jeter is pissed at Valverde. If Grandpa Grande doesn't explode, Jeter never breaks his ankle.

Right about now I bet everyone is glad we had both Smyly and Porcello on the roster.

Sanchez goes less then 7 tomorrow we're going to need Rick.

Smoker will get together with the coaching staff to discuss the Jose situation. that's good happy.. to hear that..

I bet even Jeter is pissed at Valverde. If Grandpa Grande doesn't explode, Jeter never breaks his ankle.

You know...I bet Jeter would have taken a game 1 loss to be able to play in the other 3-6.

Smoker will get together with the coaching staff to discuss the Jose situation. that's good happy.. to hear that..

I'm guessing it's going to be less discussion and more do what upstairs tells us and say it was our decision.

The fact that they're discussing it at all practically gaurantees a Valverde demotion.

Right about now I bet everyone is glad we had both Smyly and Porcello on the roster.

Sanchez goes less then 7 tomorrow we're going to need Rick.

villareal hasnt even seen the field yet this posteason has he. Him or AlAl should have been in today in the 9th. No reason for Valverde to even be out there. None at all....

I'm guessing it's going to be less discussion and more do what upstairs tells us and say it was our decision.

The fact that they're discussing it at all practically gaurantees a Valverde demotion.

Can they demote Benoit with him?

villareal hasnt even seen the field yet this posteason has he. Him or AlAl should have been in today in the 9th. No reason for Valverde to even be out there. None at all....

Villarreal is not on the roster.

for good reason, he can;t locate the slider, maybe tired arm syndrome.

It kinda sounded like Jim was suggesting or wondering if he's perhaps not 100% and hiding something. I thought, hey whatever you need to say to make it so, works for me..

Villarreal is not on the roster.

for good reason, he can;t locate the slider, maybe tired arm syndrome.

wow...had no idea. we expand rosters and you dont bring the one guy that can K people with more than a fastball in our BP. odd....

It kinda sounded like Jim was suggesting or wondering if he's perhaps not 100% and hiding something. I thought, hey whatever you need to say to make it so, works for me..

Dan and Jim hinted that DD and Avila Sr. were going to be in on a meeting after the game?

Maybe just speculation, but if the brass is in a meeting it;s not because they just want to listen, it;s because they'll be doing all the talking.

wow...had no idea. we expand rosters and you dont bring the one guy that can K people with more than a fastball in our BP. odd....

Except the last few weeks he was terrible. I think most of us knew hew as going to get left behind, they speculated his elbow was sore/tendonitis from throwing that 90+ slider so much.

werent they speculating a couple weeks ago he was injured...and thats why all he was throwing of late was fastballs. thought i remembered hearing that during a game at one point.

Anyone feel sorry for Valcrapo?

Nope.

When you make $9MM to close games, and have been as bad as he has this year, and still does the dance and everything else....I have no sympathy.

Also he's like Coke is, unapologetic for when he's bad, just says he made good pitches.

Yankees used everyone in the bullpen(cept joba), need to get to kiroda early tomorrow.

I so want to go to bed but I'm still so wired...like I did line and lines of Coke or something.

I should be exhausted after that game.

Back