Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALCS Game Thread 1 Oct. 13

This is Doug Fister's fourth Tigers start with at least three walks. Gerald Laird has been the catcher for three of those games.
e.bajek

Yeah as I posted earlier Fister's numbers with Avila catching him are much better then Laird.

Avila: (17 Starts)
3.13 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, 90/19 K-BB ratio

Laird: (10 Starts)
3.89 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, 55/20 K-BB ratio

All 3 innings end with the ball hit to a Peralta and the shocker is, he didn't mess any up.

It's not the ump, they're beating themselves right now. If anything, they umps saved at least 1 run for us.

What's not the Ump?

I'm not talking about how the hits and stuff are going, I'm talking about how Fister is getting squeezed and racking up his pitch count while Pettitte is getting pitches on the edge.

the fact that out batters have been shit is irrelevant, call balls and strikes equally.

What's not the Ump?

I'm not talking about how the hits and stuff are going, I'm talking about how Fister is getting squeezed and racking up his pitch count while Pettitte is getting pitches on the edge.

the fact that out batters have been shit is irrelevant, call balls and strikes equally.
Fister was missing pretty badly in first.

I really only felt like two pitches were absolute strikes that doug threw and were called balls.

this is what the yankees do...it's always been their forte....make the pitchers work

Last edited by a moderator:
Fister was missing pretty badly in first.

Yes he was, he also threw like 3 pitches that should have been strikes.

Again, I'm not talking about the grand scope of the game, I'm talking about how the close pitches are being called.

Tigers hitting 4th inning,

Infante grounder to third and Infante makes it close,

Cabrera takes inside and it's a strike call, swings and misses a low cutter, hard grounder dives to his left and comes up throwing, shit,

Fielder ground ball up the middle single,

Young a throw to first on Prince, swings and misses a changeup, fastball fouled back, in the dirt and blocked, belt high fouled to catcher,

pettitte with 48 pitches,

My God Delmon sucks......batting .542 against Pettite and looks like shit at the plate now.

Yes he was, he also threw like 3 pitches that should have been strikes.

Again, I'm not talking about the grand scope of the game, I'm talking about how the close pitches are being called.
How can you compare when one team is taking and the other is swinging at EVERYTHING????

So much for Delmon destroying Pettitte to the tune of 11 for 19, .579 AVG, .737SLG, 1.316 OPS. Looks so lost at the plate.

Back