Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALCS Game Thread 3 Oct. 16

Miggy with a great at bat and walks after falling behind 0-2....reaches base safely in 19 straight post season games.

Hughes didn't want none of that after all those foul shots.

Last edited:
Tigers hitting 3rd inning,

Infante strike call, changeup fly to left,

Jackson fastball strike call, fastball strike call, slider low and away, fastball inside, fastball comes back over the plate fouled back, grounder past second single,

Berry bunt to third and nearly beats it out Jackson to second,

sigh,

Cabrera fastball lined down right foul, grounder ripped foul past third, fastball inside, fastball fouled down right, slider low gets away from catcher passed ball and Jackson goes to third, fastball way outside full count, fastball lined down left foul, damn, low outside walk,

Fielder fastball inside, fastball outside, slider in the dirt, fly to deep center,

shit 2 runners lob,

hughes with 50 pitches,

Prince swings 3-0 for the 1st time all year and flies out to center.

I'll be honest, I was hoping he would not walk because hot or not, I just don;t trust Delmon with the bases juiced and 2 outs.

If Berry had a little more Rod Carew in him we could have scored a run.

No complaints here. 3-0, got his pitch and hit it as hard as you can. Just bad luck there. The good news is that the 2nd time around, seems like everyone is getting a much better plate appearance.

I'll be honest, I was hoping he would not walk because hot or not, I just don;t trust Delmon with the bases juiced and 2 outs.

I have no issue with Prince or Miggy ever swinging at whatever count they choose. But a small part of me was hoping DY came to the plate. Any smart pitcher would throw him crap low and in the dirt so maybe we could have scored a cheap run on a wild pitch or some garbage like that.

Verlander pitching 4th inning,

gardner fastball inside, Miggy playing 10 feet on the infield grass, fastball on the corner strike call, ball, fastball outside, fastball swings and misses full count, fastball fouled back, fastball low tapped foul, grounder foul fucker long at bat, changeup popped up wind blown and Avila has it,

ichiro watch the bunt changeup low, changeup outside, fastball low, fastball strike call, fastball fouled back full count, changeup slapped to left single, shit,

teixeira throw to first, fastball outside, again, fastball fly foul down left, with the shift on Cabrera near shortstop and a foul near the Tigers dugout and Miggy runs over and catches it, Wow,

cano throw to first, fastball low, grounder to Peralta,

Verlander with 54 pitches,

Yankees not really any closer to solving JV, but we need to put some runs on the board.

I think Justin is a little more relaxed knowing he has the lead.

Anyone else notice the obvious limp Miggy had after running down that foul ball?

Too bad that wasn't bases loaded but we'll take it. The greatest post season player in Tigers history makes it 1-0.

Back