Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALCS Game Thread 3 Oct. 16

Lamont should have been saying go the whole time. Was too late after he held him up.

Freaking horrible base running by Infante... That ball was ten feet over the SS's head..

You know Verlander is likely to pass CC as the top paid pitcher. Probably will be in the 24-25M per season type extension. 6 year extension in the 150m range.

as I said in another thread JV and Miggy already make 20 million per so it's not an absolutely incredible pay raise for either of them.

I fully expect the tigers to attempt to extend both of them...no one can say for sure either will take it that's purely on them. But I guarantee DD will try to extend them.

That is not on Lamont. Omar checked up and went back towards the bag to make sure the ball wasn't going to be caught.

Tigers hitting 6th inning,

Avila sidearm fastball strike call, f'n sidearm low and ump says strike, swings and misses curve low,

Infante sinker line drive single to left,

Jackson ball, throw to first, inside, line drive down right foul, throw to first, again, Infante running off speed in the dirt stolen base, ground foul full count, low outside walk,

first and second,

now pitching change new pitcher logan,

Berry pinch hit for by Avisail Garcia slider strike call, fastball outside, fastball low, takes high good eye patience, swings and lines it over short for a single to center and fat daddy lamont puts the stop sign up,

bases loaded,

Cabrera first pitch fatball above the knees grouder to third gidp, FK Shit dammit,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

As much as I'd love it, neither player is going to sign an extension.

They basically can write their own contracts in Free Agency. We just have to hope we can offer enough money and years to get them to stay.

There was actually talk that the club and JV were already talking about an extension during the year but talks were put on hold until after the season is over with.

Prince's out with RISP on a 3-0 count with a ball hit on a rope and now this. Bad karma. Could be 6-0 with just a little luck.

Lamont made the right call. Just bad luck that Miggy hit the crap out of the ball and Chavez made a good play.

I just don't like swinging at the first pitch... Never have...

Just ,like the regular season we leave way to many base runners on...

Garcia stays in the game in right field, and Dirks shifts over to left.

10 lob

I think Infante still had a chance to score despite waiting to see if it got through. Gene had his stop sign up early.

I think Infante still had a chance to score despite waiting to see if it got through. Gene had his stop sign up early.

Easy to say now, if he's thrown out everyone is freaking out about why he sent him with Miggy coming up.

Back