Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Torii Hunter

I love the signing. Good character guy who is still one of the best outfielders in baseball. There will be almost no doubles to rightfield this year.

I like that he hits lefties and you have to think his numbers will hold up batting in front of Cabby and Prince and Martinez....LOL!

I like the deal I have always respected him. He is a solid player on the field and in the clubhouse. And he didnt cost us anything to sign him.

I like the deal I have always respected him. He is a solid player on the field and in the clubhouse. And he didnt cost us anything to sign him.
$13 mill a year? Hunter was slightly overpaid, $10 mill would've been better.

Sweet. Now we just need another corner OF and a starter, and maybe a SS if we can find an available one on the trade market.

Who cares about the money though, its MLB. No cap, if they wanna spend, fuck let em.

I like it. I don't care about the dollars since it isn't my money, but I like not having to trade Castellanos or Garcia, and also not having to give up a pick. He should be a great clubhouse guy too.

2 years at $13M a year. If the Tigers are willing to give him 2 years at $13M a year I wonder why the Angels didn't want him for 1 year at $13M?

I guess it doesn't matter. Even though he is going to be 38 & 39 he will be better in the OF and at the plate than Boesh or DY.

Great sign. Only 2 years, fair price and as said above still great defense and character guy.

2 years at $13M a year. If the Tigers are willing to give him 2 years at $13M a year I wonder why the Angels didn't want him for 1 year at $13M?

I guess it doesn't matter. Even though he is going to be 38 & 39 he will be better in the OF and at the plate than Boesh or DY.

Because they have a logjam of outfielders, and Vernon Wells contract blocked them from keeping Hunter. They could not afford another outfielder.

After than signing I think you can pencil in Dirks at the other OF spot.

a platoon of dirks and avisail would be nice.

He may indeed be penciled in, but Dirks is NOT a full-time player. If we do have him in LF, we absolutely need a platoon partner...and it better not be Avisail. He needs more time in the minors playing full time, he's not ready for the majors yet.

Options I would prefer:
1) Sign another full-time OF for cheap-ish, someone like Victorino, Pagan, or even...Melky Cabrera.
2) Trade for another OF.
3) Sign a RH platoon partner for Dirks, someone like Cody Ross or Scott Hairston.

Dirks by himself or Dirks + Garcia are unacceptable options IMO.

Good signing.

$13M is fair, considering Hunter is an everyday player and a proven producer.

The top 5 spots in our lineup just became legitimate.

Aj
Hunter
Vmart
Miggy
Prince

Or a variation of that looks awfully nice.

thats how Id do it, either that or swap Hunter and VMart's spots. Chances Leyland does that though? Nil.

Though it wouldn't shock me if Dirks was 2 and they put Hunter 6. This is Leyland we're talking about.

thats how Id do it, either that or swap Hunter and VMart's spots. Chances Leyland does that though? Nil.

or bat dirks 2nd and hunter 6th to keep the r/l/r/l/s/l thing going in the lineup. That lineup would kill righties and would be pretty decent against lefties.

approved.jpg

Back