Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

Perriman speed..williams speed. Now get Waddle

Grabbing two WR during free agency tells me they won't be picking one at 7.

they picked up two mediocre WRs...#2 or #3's at best. It isn't a bad move. My guess is they have their eye on one of the 3 WRs in the draft. If he is there they will take him. If he isn't they have enough guys in place that they can "survive" without a true #1. This seems like something the prior regimes wouldn't have done. They wouldn't have a backup plan.

I think Waddle or Chase or both in play at 7. If one of the Qbs falls now i think its more likely we pick one or trade down now. Waddle, Chase, Lance, Parsons or trade down i think are all options now.

I think Waddle or Chase or both in play at 7. If one of the Qbs falls now i think its more likely we pick one or trade down now. Waddle, Chase, Lance, Parsons or trade down i think are all options now.

Waddle, Perriman, Williams, Cephus and Hock would be a darn good group. If Chase or Waddle are there.....I think it?s a no brainer.

I think the signing of Boyle takes QB off the table at #7.

I?d say it?s trade down, Chase, Waddle, Parsons in that order.

they picked up two mediocre WRs...#2 or #3's at best. It isn't a bad move. My guess is they have their eye on one of the 3 WRs in the draft. If he is there they will take him. If he isn't they have enough guys in place that they can "survive" without a true #1. This seems like something the prior regimes wouldn't have done. They wouldn't have a backup plan.

We don't need a true one at 7. We need to go defense, eventually. You want a one use your 2nd or 3rd round pick. We need LBs, bad.

We don't need a true one at 7. We need to go defense, eventually. You want a one use your 2nd or 3rd round pick. We need LBs, bad.

Maybe....MAYBE one defensive player worthy of that pick. The Lions are not in position to draft position over talent right now.

Not when there are potential game changing WR?s there to take.

Maybe....MAYBE one defensive player worthy of that pick. The Lions are not in position to draft position over talent right now.

Not when there are potential game changing WR?s there to take.

Agreed. If we trade down and the WR's and Pitts are off the board then go defense. IMO, all three WR's and even Pitts are much better value then any defensive player, even Parsons. Even if we slid down to 12 I think that is where the defensive players come in play assuming the skill guys are gone.

If we stay at 7 my hope is it is Chase. If Bengals sign Golladay and with Will Fuller going to the Dolphins it could push him down the board. IMO, Chase would be the best compliment to the guys we signed

Chase would be a strong #1 WR, IMO. Williams is solid at #2, Perriman at #3, and Cephus as depth. I still think we need a smaller quicker guy like an Amendola yet. Maybe a Golden Tate/Adam Humphries/Josh Reynolds? With the WR market they would all probably come in at 3mil or less.

Wide receiver won't help us. It just pushes the rebuild further down the road. WR's don't help to win titles.

Wide receiver won't help us. It just pushes the rebuild further down the road. WR's don't help to win titles.

That logic makes no sense to me.....how does adding an elite talent at WR push the rebuild off? Because of one LB?

Having really good YOUNG players at any position is a great way to start a rebuild. Williams is a one year deal. Perriman is a one year deal. So even with a rookie WR we're likely to be right back in the same spot next year. I'd rather have Chase on the team than Bateman or whoever might be there at #39.

LB's like Parsons come along every draft.....and next year the LB class seems to be much stronger.....but the WR class next year is much weaker. Get your WR now.....there will be a solid LB there at #39.

Put it this way.....the difference in talent between Chase/Waddle at #7 or a WR at #39 is much bigger than the difference between Parsons #7 and a LB that will be available at #39.

Yea I just don't agree with that. The 4 teams in the championship games this year had Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce (he is basically a WR), Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Davante Adams, and Stefon Diggs. Josh Allen took his game to a whole new level this year and a big reason why is adding Diggs. A top level WR can change the entire game plan for a defense.

If you ask me who would you take right now, Darius Leonard or Tyreek Hill, I would say Hill hands down. They just impact the game way more then a LB'er would, IMO.

That logic makes no sense to me.....how does adding an elite talent at WR push the rebuild off? Because of one LB?

Having really good YOUNG players at any position is a great way to start a rebuild. Williams is a one year deal. Perriman is a one year deal. So even with a rookie WR we're likely to be right back in the same spot next year. I'd rather have Chase on the team than Bateman or whoever might be there at #39.

LB's like Parsons come along every draft.....and next year the LB class seems to be much stronger.....but the WR class next year is much weaker. Get your WR now.....there will be a solid LB there at #39.

Put it this way.....the difference in talent between Chase/Waddle at #7 or a WR at #39 is much bigger than the difference between Parsons #7 and a LB that will be available at #39.

I am leaning more toward Chase/Waddle over Parsons at 7. You nailed the difference in talent from 7 to 39 in WR and LB.

I look at the 2nd round WRs like Bateman or Marshall Jr and compare to 2nd round LBs like Browning or Cox. I would much rather have Chase/Browning over Parsons/Bateman.

I am leaning more toward Chase/Waddle over Parsons at 7. You nailed the difference in talent from 7 to 39 in WR and LB.

I look at the 2nd round WRs like Bateman or Marshall Jr and compare to 2nd round LBs like Browning or Cox. I would much rather have Chase/Browning over Parsons/Bateman.

Right. Don't get me long, I have NOTHING against Parsons and he'd be really nice to have out there every Sunday.....but if we're looking to have the BEST team we can in 2 or 3 years.....Chase/Waddle helps out more with that than Parsons does.

I think it's funny that people here are already comparing these WRs to the elite WRs in the NFL. Do we really know if these guys are going to be elite?

For all we know Parsons = Fred Warner and Bateman = Justin Jefferson

I think it's funny that people here are already comparing these WRs to the elite WRs in the NFL. Do we really know if these guys are going to be elite?

I understand that, but no matter the player you draft you are projecting what they will do. In the evaluation process the top three WR's in this years class are consistently rated higher then any defender. Not saying the Lions will view it that way, but that is the general perception.

Everything everyone on here is saying about players in the draft is speculation. Nobody knows for sure. I think it goes without saying these are opinions by all of us.

The other option is to not have any discussion whatsoever.

You could say that about any player ever. You have to use the tape and try your best to evaluate. I still think there?s an outside shot that if Chase and Devonta are off the board then it could be Pitts. Only because if you?re looking for a playmaker, why not go with the best prospect in recent memory at his position.

Back