Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

NFL RBs, TEs and QBs are licking their chops seeing 2 slow asses out trying to cover space in the flats. Lions defense has a lot to worry about.

On another note i watch some stafford highlights from last year. It was like a full 5 minutes of him carving up Anzalone. That turd sucks so bad. So no coverage in the flats by 2 fat slow DEs playing OLB. And no support inside with fucking Thor, the dumbest avenger who cant cover worth a lick.

Stafford carves up alot of people

Anzalone ranked 23rd out of 83 LBs for coverage grade. So he is well above average. Also Collins can cover and let's see what the kid Barnes can do too. Tavai is slimmed down at least so he can move more I hope but shouldn't play

And both 3-4 OLBs will be rushing way more than cover. 3-4 is mainly for running downs, Okwara and Flowers move to DE in nickel and dime.

But please use your few snaps in one game as judgment for an entire season

Last edited:
This year or ever? What is your definition of "a thing"? Division title? Playoff game? Conference Championship? Super Bowl?

I've always thought Stafford was better than the numbers he posted in Detroit. I've never really been shy about making that known.

I'm willing to bet we'll see in playing in a Super Bowl within the next three years. After that, his window will likely have passed, both as a player and as a Ram (the big cap hits and the stunning lack of draft picks they have over the next three years will make it REALLY hard for them to stay competitive long term).

I guess this will finally be the year people can tell what Stafford is. No more if this and if that......he has a defense, a solid running game, a top tier OC and will be on a team with Super Bowl expectations for the first time. At 32 is he a late bloomer like Elway or is he just an above average QB with a cannon arm?

Playoff game onward. Rams might not have the top defense, they have a tough division + with all that they still lost 6 games last year - I don't believe Matt is better than Goff, though he might put up better numbers than what Goff put up last year .. Just not believing he's their savior.

Playoff game onward. Rams might not have the top defense, they have a tough division + with all that they still lost 6 games last year - I don't believe Matt is better than Goff, though he might put up better numbers than what Goff put up last year .. Just not believing he's their savior.

Stafford can make more throws and opens up their offense more. Better decision maker. McVay will trust him more. Rams Oline and run game and weapons are all good too.

But agree it's a tough division and they might be .500 and miss. Raheem Morris the new DC. We'll see what Brockers, NB Troy Hill and safety John Johnson did for them.

Our boy AShawn Robinson will have to step up with Brockers gone.

Stafford can make more throws and opens up their offense more. Better decision maker. McVay will trust him more. Rams Oline and run game and weapons are all good too.

But agree it's a tough division and they might be .500 and miss. Raheem Morris the new DC. We'll see what Brockers, NB Troy Hill and safety John Johnson did for them.

Our boy AShawn Robinson will have to step up with Brockers gone.

McVay, who basically said he did nothing for Goff. Dumb coach. Imo, the Rams are still not best in the division, so WC may be best and tough teams in playoffs.. Maybe they play the winner of the Central, without Rodgers and that stupid beard - that's not a good division.

McVay, who basically said he did nothing for Goff. Dumb coach. Imo, the Rams are still not best in the division, so WC may be best and tough teams in playoffs.. Maybe they play the winner of the Central, without Rodgers and that stupid beard - that's not a good division.

Rams beat Seattle with bad QB play in Seattle in playoffs. We'll see. They got a shot if Stafford improves their passing game greatly with McVay's offense. D doesn't have to be number 1 but if top 10 plus a run game, that's a recipe for success even in a tough division. Seattle, Arizona and San Fran have weaknesses. 11 other games not against that division too. NFC North, AFC South, Bucs and at Giants, At Ravens

Lions sign free agent DT Miles Brown

Depth to add during camp, maybe a future practice squad player is my guess.

Maybe we can end the convo for good.. Matty Stafford admits he let Detroit Lions fans down.

My first reaction you damn right you did.

Maybe we can end the convo for good.. Matty Stafford admits he let Detroit Lions fans down.

My first reaction you damn right you did.

Always few plays here and there you could look at. That is what he is saying. He was their best player for a long time and carried them. The defense, run game, coaches and Oline have let them down way way way way way more. Stafford was the least reason we would lose a game.

Always few plays here and there you could look at. That is what he is saying. He was their best player for a long time and carried them. The defense, run game, coaches and Oline have let them down way way way way way more. Stafford was the least reason we would lose a game.

What he's saying is he let us down. Quit reading into stuff that's not there..

Stafford carves up alot of people

Anzalone ranked 23rd out of 83 LBs for coverage grade. So he is well above average. Also Collins can cover and let's see what the kid Barnes can do too. Tavai is slimmed down at least so he can move more I hope but shouldn't play

And both 3-4 OLBs will be rushing way more than cover. 3-4 is mainly for running downs, Okwara and Flowers move to DE in nickel and dime.

But please use your few snaps in one game as judgment for an entire season

Welp now we know how LKP grades on a curve. 23rd ranked MLB when alot of teams only play 1 MLB is "above average".

Welp now we know how LKP grades on a curve. 23rd ranked MLB when alot of teams only play 1 MLB is "above average".

That includes all MLBS, ILBS and OLBS in a 4-3 for the LBs in PFF. But glad I know that you think teams play one MLB or ILB lol. Also there are backups included too that get playing time due to injury

You do realize the Lions have two basically ILBS now with Collins and Anzalone

Anzalone can cover. You know it I know it. You observing him on like 3 plays and posting about it doesn't change that fact.

Muhlbach cut. Shocker
ILB Shaub Dion Hamilton IR. Tavai and Reeves Mabin might stick around then

Muhlbach is a big shock to me. He has been the only lock on this team for years and years. And to do it during the first cut.. Deserved more than that and on his birthday.

Unbelievable!!! This is like cutting Tom Brady. Don Muhlbach deserved to walk away when he wants. To be cut is disrespectful.

Last edited:
Back