Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

I left okudah off on purpose since he doesnt play any defense.

I think CB is the toughest transition from college to the NFL. I think he is probably the most talented player on the defense. We'll have to see if it translates to the NFL

I think CB is the toughest transition from college to the NFL. I think he is probably the most talented player on the defense. We'll have to see if it translates to the NFL

How do you know he's more talented than everyone else on D? Unless he proves it he might be Stanley Wilson.

How do you know he's more talented than everyone else on D? Unless he proves it he might be Stanley Wilson.

I don't know he is...I think he is. It's an opinion. It's based on his pedigree and his performance in college.

I don't know he is...I think he is. It's an opinion. It's based on his pedigree and his performance in college.

Id like to agree with you. But ill just say the big ten has been really down the last couple years. It even made Shawn Wade look good on OSU for a year.

Optimistically youd point to he had a groin issue, limited camp and a knucklehead coach. A #3 pick should never look THAT bad as he did last year...dude was lost. Saw glimpses of aggressive tackling....and he made that 1 play in the pass game that 1 time lol.

Pessimistically we never saw him play well in the NFL...so who knows.

Somebody's got to go to the slot. Ife may win that job. Does Amani or Dunbar outplay Okudah for a starting role?

Id like to agree with you. But ill just say the big ten has been really down the last couple years. It even made Shawn Wade look good on OSU for a year.

Optimistically youd point to he had a groin issue, limited camp and a knucklehead coach. A #3 pick should never look THAT bad as he did last year...dude was lost. Saw glimpses of aggressive tackling....and he made that 1 play in the pass game that 1 time lol.

Pessimistically we never saw him play well in the NFL...so who knows.

Somebody's got to go to the slot. Ife may win that job. Does Amani or Dunbar outplay Okudah for a starting role?

Wade is a slot corner. He came back for his Sr year and they tried him on the outside all year and he was terrible. My guess is he will be a successful slot corner or safety in the NFL.

Okudah could easily fail in the NFL...it happens all of the time. But watching him at OSU, I think he will be a good NFL corner. Also, in my defense, I said I thought he could be the most talented player on the Lions D...that bar is not very high.

Wade is a slot corner. He came back for his Sr year and they tried him on the outside all year and he was terrible. My guess is he will be a successful slot corner or safety in the NFL.

Okudah could easily fail in the NFL...it happens all of the time. But watching him at OSU, I think he will be a good NFL corner. Also, in my defense, I said I thought he could be the most talented player on the Lions D...that bar is not very high.

Maybe not but he hasn't done anything to say he's more talented than anyone.

he was a consensus all American in college. I'm not sure if anyone else on the Lions defense has that distinction.

College isn't the pros you know that. Heisman winners fail at times in the pros. It means nothing at this point. He played against players who never and will never sniff the NFL.

College isn't the pros you know that. Heisman winners fail at times in the pros. It means nothing at this point. He played against players who never and will never sniff the NFL.

So Trevor Lawrence has no talent because he hasn't played in the NFL yet?

lol

I am starting to think you don't even know the meaning of the word talent.

Why is he more talented that Sewell, he was a stud at college? Or do you go by just where they went in the draft. CB one of the hardest position to learn. In college all these guys were extremely talented. Doesn't mean nothing right now. And so far our CB is 0 for 1. Hopefully he turns it around.

Why is he more talented that Sewell, he was a stud at college? Or do you go by just where they went in the draft. CB one of the hardest position to learn. In college all these guys were extremely talented. Doesn't mean nothing right now. And so far our CB is 0 for 1. Hopefully he turns it around.

like I said...most talent on the Defense, not the entire team

My bad. I still think you're wrong but we all have our thoughts. I'm kind of a proof it before I believe it guy.

My bad. I still think you're wrong but we all have our thoughts. I'm kind of a proof it before I believe it guy.

I'm with you. I don't call someone a good player until they have proven it. Maybe that's where we are off. I have been talking about pure talent...having all of the tools. That is why I think Okudah has the most talent on the defensive side of the ball. Will he end up being good...only time will tell.

Youre both probably right by the way. Okudah probably has the most talent on the D and hasnt done shit with it.

Injury and an idiot derailed him last year. Alot of guys saying all the right things right now about this regime...lets see if it translates into better play for all...not just Okudah.

Back