Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

Its not that im super high on Hamilton. Its that im not high at all on WIlliams or Perriman lol.

Tyrell Williams has actually produced in NFL many seasons. Just not 2020

Breshad Perriman produced with Tampa in 2019 under Randle El and decent with Jets. Flopped with Ravens

They are both more talented.

Tyrell Williams has actually produced in NFL many seasons. Just not 2020

Breshad Perriman produced with Tampa in 2019 under Randle El and decent with Jets. Flopped with Ravens

They are both more talented.

Tyrell is great at quick slant and In routes. Perriman back shoulder fades and seem routes. Amon Ra as a slot. Theres definitely roles they can each play that make sense when you throw Hock into the mix and Swift out of the backfield.

Just missing that dynamic go to #1 guy. Honestly only Jamar Chase would have filled that at 7. Maybe a Bateman at the end of round 1 or Terrance Marshall in rd 2. But Sewell was the obvious pick once Chase was off the board. I probably would have leaned Terrance Marshall or Moehrig to fill the WR or S holes over Levi. Imo hes a Brockers 2.0...and we already have Brockers 1.0.

Last edited:
Tyrell is great at quick slant and In routes. Perriman back shoulder fades and seem routes. Amon Ra as a slot. Theres definitely roles they can each play that make sense when you throw Hock into the mix and Swift out of the backfield.

Just missing that dynamic go to #1 guy. Honestly only Jamar Chase would have filled that at 7. Maybe a Bateman at the end of round 1 or Terrance Marshall in rd 2. But Sewell was the obvious pick once Chase was off the board. I probably would have leaned Terrance Marshall or Moehrig to fill the WR or S holes over Levi. Imo hes a Brockers 2.0...and we already have Brockers 1.0.

Levi longer term and more pass rush than Brockers. Plus we can dump Brockers if we need cap room in 2023 then

Yeah once Chase was gone Sewell a no brainer. They probably take Sewell over Chase anyway

You mean the last guy we had who had a great hands and could jump be he was limited because of his no sepereration. Just the way Holmes talks he doesn't want someone like that.. Give me a guy like Cooper Kupp over a Golladay type any day, all day, every time. I'd take Waddle over Chase imo.

And Brockers like many DL only play 70% of the snaps (he only had 1 season 70 or more). Unless your Aaron Donald you need a 3rd guy who rotates in and plays a lot.

Last edited:
You mean the last guy we had who had a great hands and could jump be he was limited because of his no sepereration. Just the way Holmes talks he doesn't want someone like that.. Give me a guy like Cooper Kupp over a Golladay type any day, all day, every time. I'd take Waddle over Chase imo.

And Brockers like many DL only play 70% of the snaps (he only had 1 season 70 or more). Unless your Aaron Donald you need a 3rd guy who rotates in and plays a lot.

Right...and thats why youre left starting tyrel WIlliams and Breshad Perriman....2 Duds.

Hamilton was about to be traded before that injury

That guys fall from stardom has been a straight line free fall. I wouldn?t give him anything more than a vet minimum and a training camp invite.

He entered the league on a bum knee. Him making it as long as he did was a miracle in itself.

He entered the league on a bum knee. Him making it as long as he did was a miracle in itself.

The rumors about him visiting the D after the Williams signing, tells us all we need to know about Swift.

The rumors about him visiting the D after the Williams signing, tells us all we need to know about Swift.

Meaning they think he cant be a workhorse? Another 2nd rd pick wasted on a rb lol.

You only need to keep 3 rbs. i like Jeffersons upside over a vet with a bum knee just to be a vet presense. Jefferson your could trot out there for ST too...i dont see Gurley doing that.

Pretty dumb signing imo if it happens. Go get a starting calibur safety and WR!

Meaning they think he cant be a workhorse? Another 2nd rd pick wasted on a rb lol.

You only need to keep 3 rbs. i like Jeffersons upside over a vet with a bum knee just to be a vet presense. Jefferson your could trot out there for ST too...i dont see Gurley doing that.

Pretty dumb signing imo if it happens. Go get a starting calibur safety and WR!

Sign and release happen all the time during the offseason.

Back